The Last of Us HBO Joel Thread

Per undeadprops on Instagram:
Screenshot_20230309-170542~2.png

The overall pocket design and stitching isn't lining up either. While we know cynthia isn't a stranger to making new pockets, the material dosen't quite match either.
?hash=c2dca90651c78d8dbae43219f38b4fa5.png

1678345057793.png

Attachments

• 1678344999468.png
    1678344999468.png
    224.4 KB · Views: 68
oh dang nice! Though, I wonder if the one she references is the wrong one and your find is the right one? Anyone have thoughts?
I assume so since the one she linked is a buttonup and the obvious different pockets. The one i linked seems to match with stiching, button placement, pocket design, material and color.

The button snaps is the giveaway for me. Every shirt I've come across has the pearl snaps.

This was another alternative I'd snapped up yesterday: Mossimo Denim Western in Slate Grey (The Lucky Brand shirt I had ordered was cancelled by the seller, so the search continued) - I might still place an order for the River Island and rock a grey wardrobe for a while.
s-l1600.jpg

I messaged her too and she linked the "muscle shirt" version with no yoke and one pocket. I think she meant this one. It looks super close.
I don’t suppose you could message her back and be like “are you sure you didn’t mean this one?” And then put the title of the other one that looks closest? So we can confirm?

I find it odd that it would be the other, because there’s literally a version that fits the one he’s wearing on screen, so I can’t imagine they’d customize a shirt that’s completely different. That’s just me though.

Mail day: Buck 119 Special arrived this morning - based on the markings, looks to be a 1990 model with the older pancaked sheath that matches Joel's (The newer sheathes are folded over leather):
IMG_20230310_085321946.jpg
IMG_20230310_085349850.jpg
IMG_20230310_085202201.jpg

oh dang nice! Though, I wonder if the one she references is the wrong one and your find is the right one? Anyone have thoughts?

She must have posted the wrong link because it's clearly the regular fit shirt, as Dead Man is saying. It's a very close match to the one the character wears in that section of the game too. I wonder what's up with that weird bleached effect around the pockets in the store photo.

Last edited:
I don’t suppose you could message her back and be like “are you sure you didn’t mean this one?” And then put the title of the other one that looks closest? So we can confirm?

I find it odd that it would be the other, because there’s literally a version that fits the one he’s wearing on screen, so I can’t imagine they’d customize a shirt that’s completely different. That’s just me though.
I sent her a note with the other link and she DID confirm it's the shirt above, not the link that she had sent to a couple of us. She said that it was put through various washes and weathering but that this was indeed the base model:

I love it when costume designers are this accessible. It makes the the build process so much fun!

I sent her a note with the other link and she DID confirm it's the shirt above, not the link that she had sent to a couple of us. She said that it was put through various washes and weathering but that this was indeed the base model:

I love it when costume designers are this accessible. It makes the the build process so much fun!
Coming from only collecting The Walking Dead stuff i definitely agree. That and most of the pieces still being sold!

It's funny...I was just checking through the designer's IG posts and saw this same response. What I think is funny, however, is that earlier in that thread, she is asked what boots Joel wears and she totally references the incorrect model (Trailblazer) which looks nothing like the Elk Tracker.
love that backpack, but look at the one Jeremy Renner used in Hawkeye he used the Gootium back pack and I think the props crew almost knocked the same one off..lol

Don’t suppose you inquire about what actually occurred in the dying process and what colors they used? From the recent episode, it looks quite different color wise from the images from the store.

The shirt arrives in a few days, so ideally i'd like to know what they did to achieve that color. Definitely not seasoned in dying clothes, so to get an idea of how they did it would be amazing.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back