The Lady Arbitrator's new AVP suit for 2009

Ei luj

I'd like to start off with many thanks to the folks here on the Lair that make and build the costumes and accessories, and put up the huntorials; they have been an inspiration to me :lol:

This suit is from an earlier time in my character's life, when she was just starting out as an Arbitrator/ bounty hunter....
its based on the generic AVP style.

I started off with the ducktape dummy to do the skin, its even better than a dress form, you get your exact shape plus extra to allow for shrinkage due to latexing.

Saran wrap goes on first, then the tape.
Strips lengthwise, then some crosswise seemed best.

IMG_0954.jpg

To get out, have somebody cut down the front to the groin and then down each inseam.
Retape and stuff... I used shop towels from Home Depot.... a lot of shop towels.
I started from the ankles, went up to the waist, having slotted the back.
Then stuff from the wrists to the armpits.
Lastly, stuff the torso and close that slot.
Do a slot in front and stuff the bust, and retape.

Thing is, its heavy... so I had to figure how to get it to stand up for test-fitting.
Hubby came up with the idea of hanging it from a big hook, a woven strap goes around the whole thing, down the front, under the crotch, and up the back again.

IMG_0979.jpg

I got some snyder AVP armor & bio plus netgun & blade ruffkin gaunts (many thanks to zubat) neckring (thanks to suicidalraider) loose shoulder bells and bicep flaps (thanks to mannowar) wristcomputer & blade ruffkin gaunts (thanks to seahunterr) snyder feet (thanks to mannowar again)

IMG_0945.jpg

Here is the front, no head, gaunts, accessories, or hands, this was the first test fitting for the armor...

IMG_0980.jpg

the back:

IMG_0982.jpg

with loose shoulder and bicep armor; torso is next to it for size reference:

IMG_0981.jpg

More to come

---
Ei'luj

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

nice pics, i'll use your method of a duct tape dummy in a month's time when i begin construction on my alien.

il1keme,

thanks for checking out the thread, that ducktape dummy is sooo handy, last skin I did was done on a dress form and the bottom part stretched it somewhat... but it was cotton/lycra so it regained its shape upon washing.

.... an alien, hmmm somethin' for me to hunt

---
Ei'luj

Jaded, Paintinja, Garo, Pdisc, Hdogg

Many thanks I'm getting stoked :lol:

question to all, do the shoulder bells look right, or should they be foamed and thus the bicep piece come up higher?
I haven't put the torso there because its shoulders are glued on already :0

---
Ei'luj

Throw the torso armor on the dummy and shoot us another pic!
Currently, I think it looks great, but I can't make an accessment on the
shoulder foaming until the torso is in conjunction.

Throw the torso armor on the dummy and shoot us another pic!
Currently, I think it looks great, but I can't make an accessment on the
shoulder foaming until the torso is in conjunction.

Many thanks, Paintninja :lol:

Tomorrow I will try the torso on the dummy and take a pic, its easier to figure the fit that way.

I tried it on me and put 3/8" foam in the shoulder/ collarbone area, and when I move my arms up to the sides a little, the shoulder bells hinder movement... seems maybe they are set too far in.

Without the foam, it fits my better half perfectly.... but he's not the one suiting up :lol: that little bit of padding makes a difference.

Those loose shoulder bells are smaller than the ones that are attached.

I worked on the belt, belt items, and loose bicep/shoulder bells today; didn't have much time due to a black belt seminar at the dojo....

Here's the belt, I cut and overlapped it on the right and the left (thank goodness for Dap Weldwood glue!)

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

The loose bicep flaps velcroed to the loose shoulder bells:

IMG_0985.jpg

I didn't like the small sections of leather on the belt, so added more :lol:

Front view, the belt has everything except the butt flap and back loincloth; it is separate:

IMG_0991.jpg

Side:

IMG_0992.jpg

Back:

IMG_0993.jpg

Thigh guards with velcro inside; I still have to add loops with velcro or snaps to the top, so they will hang from the belt:

IMG_0994.jpg

The butt flap and back loincloth are on a wide elastic, I cut it in the center and am going to put this small quick release on it:

IMG_0995.jpg

Better pic of the front of the belt:

IMG_0996.jpg

To be continued

---
Ei'luj

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

Many thanks BigBadWolf :lol:

OK, I got a few updates.

Little bits 'n bobs:

I did more on the belt, sewed that quick release on the elastic of the butt flap belt:
IMG_0997.jpg

Then glued leather loops with velcro closures on the thigh armor and painted the leather silver:
IMG_1002.jpg

Here they are installed on the belt, first pic is right and the other is the left:
IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

I strengthened with leather backing the belt that holds the thigh and cod armor pieces:
IMG_1005.jpg

Bigger bit

I put the torso armor on with everything else, with the shoulders padded..... and its too long, it covers the belt pouches

Front view:
IMG_0998.jpg

Back view:
IMG_0999.jpg

Shoulders compared side by side, the set on the right is a little smaller, just enough to make a difference:
IMG_1000.jpg

I have to be on the lookout for something small :lol: , I got a recommendation from Scott as to the "brand", many thanks

Upcoming items: mask items, neckring, backpack, cannon, gaunts, hands, skin, feet items, accessories.... not necessarily in that order :lol:

---
Ei'luj

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

You could dremel/cut off the last two scallop sections on the chest armor to shorten it up. Just a thought.

Hmmm, looking at the pix again, it might work.... but I'm not too keen on cutting this one...
I could first try for a smaller resin one like you mentioned on the other thread, many thanks for the lead

---
Ei'luj

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back