The Lady Arbitrator's new AVP suit for 2009

Ronin, Garo, Martin, TiaJa,

Many thanks gonna need luck on some parts (latexing!), but it will all work out.

Garo, interesting story...
I saw those painted gauntlets and somebody else got them, then that buyer later on had the armor set for sale, and those gaunts were in with it.. what caught my eye was the wicked blades :lol:

gotta get back to work :lol:

---
Ei'luj

looks good.. best of luck with finishing it off...

Many thanks, Tuath :)

I started on the mask, I'm using this one because I can't find a bio to fit the other one I have...

Many thanks to Silverado for the mask, Bovine13 for the bone dreads, and Bambooie for the foam dreads & dread rings :p

It came with backer rods in it, and some foam dreads (Casey's?), so I am taking the backer rod off and installing the bone dreads and 'booies....

Here's a couple "before" pictures, first one has a bone dread set there for reference... I'm also gonna take the mandibles off to paint them and do a little dentistry on 'em :p

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

---
Ei'luj

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

go julie....go julie.....go julie....its your birthday....woop woop.

:p its a good feeling, having backup; I got a whole army wit' me.... Bad Bloods beware :p

yup, feels like my birfday every time I get a package, more Pred goodies :)

Hands coming in from Britain, many thanks to Tuath for being the advance scout and putting the notice up in Online Auctions

---
Ei'luj

how do those bone dreads move?

They're a little stiffer than Bambooies, so they will go on certain spots on the mask where there isn't a small bend radius....

Maybe I could put stiff wire in them near the root so they would bend right.

---
Ei'luj

Ok, heres a small update

I got all the dreads out of the mask; the trick to removing dreads is cut it as close as possible to the head with an exacto knife, then push the stub through to the inside.

There was very little area that needed filling, maybe an inch at most, so I scrounged around for foam and found a couple 3/8" thick pieces.

I used Dap Weldwood to glue them together and then stuck it in the mask.....

IMG_1011.jpg

I tried it on and it fit like a glove :)

IMG_1015.jpg

BUT...... my hearing aids started a chorus loud enough to wake the dead :mad:

I'm deaf without 'em, so leaving them out is not an option :eek:

So I thought and stewed and thought and.... AHA, I remembered UltimateHunter's thread about "Do Preds have ears", and thanks to Roninpred's post and pix, I had the solution... cut an oval and put some brown fabric behind it and touch up the cut edges with brown paint.

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

I know it should be pinkish, so I'll scrounge around for that color material.

I still have to tweak it, make the holes larger... those little stinkers still squeal :)

---
Ei'luj

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

Paintinja,

the gods willing, you shall.... even if I have to drive crosscountry to do it :) (am nutty enuf to do it too :eek: )

I've got an update, it was nice and sunny this weekend for a change (errgh, the three days before were misty and rainy) so I started the larger paint job... the skin...

(yeh, I chickened out (bawk, bawk, baaaaawk) and didn't latex it)

Here's the sequence of the paintup, all the paints are Createx Transparent Airbrush paints, that are heat-settable.
I didn't dilute them this time, I wanted the colors to show thru the mesh better :mad:

Sand base color, Light Brown stripes, back view It took 12 ounces total of the Sand
IMG_1017.jpg

front view
IMG_1019.jpg

Dark Brown added, plus LOTSA DOTS, front view
IMG_1021.jpg

Back view
IMG_1022.jpg

Added orange to match the mask, back view
IMG_1023.jpg

Front
IMG_1024.jpg

I finished up just as it was getting dusk, now I have to let it dry for 48 hours, then peel it off and heat set it.

(To do this, you turn it inside out, stuff it loosely with terry towels from Home Depot, then put another terry towel over the spot to be treated, then iron it for two minutes.
Move on to the next spot and repeat till you've done the WHOOOOLE thing.... )

While its drying I will experiment on a scrap piece of material (sleeves are too long and need trimming) to see if I can figure a way of adding texture :)

---
Ei'luj

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back