The "I'm painting a Captain America Shield" thread

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

drakeprimeone

It's definitely not aluminum, it's steel. Valor has a really great build thread using the saucer sled years back.

Key is that once the paint is stripped, you need to use bright pads to simulate the spun aluminum effect, then once it's painted, clear coat both sides to prevent the oxidation from returning

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

drakeprimeone

It's been several years since I painted a shield up but the new Falcon and Winter Soldier series inspired me to add a John Walker version to my wall.

Thanks to Comic Sandwiches on Etsy for providing the disc. He unfortunately couldn't do real notches in the silver ring so I had to simulate it with paint.

Attachments

• 20210331_104455.jpg
    20210331_104455.jpg
    864.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 20210331_121810.jpg
    20210331_121810.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
  • 20210331_121930.jpg
    20210331_121930.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • 20210331_122533.jpg
    20210331_122533.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 93
  • 20210331_122508.jpg
    20210331_122508.jpg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 116

Usagi Pilgrim

Sr Member
I have a question I don't think deserves it's own thread, so apologies if it doesn't belong here. Not trying to hijack

So based on CA:TWS, Cap's shield is painted fresh for stealth missions & back to red after, which we see wear off during the battles in the film.

I've seen some replicas that emphasize that there's red visible under the blue, but haven't seen exactly what the process is to replicate this. Can anyone here share what they know about that?

greenninjamack

I'm thinking of repainting my shield to either stealth or classic colors, but before I do, I figured I would have a little fun with it. Though that fun has made my window seal look a bit of a murder scene. probably should have had fun in a different location. Oh well.
CASHIELD 1.jpg
CASHIELD 2.jpg
CASHIELD 3.jpg
CASHIELD 4.jpg

CTK creations

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
love seeing how this thread still goes strong after all this time, also definitely getting a kick out of the newer versions of the shield... especially the bloody ones :lol:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.