The Falcon & Winter Soldier (tv series)

Yeah, I gotta agree with some of these other posts here. It’s strange and yet also kind of refreshing to see a Marvel property not only tackling very topical, serious, and sensitive issues, but also doing it in a way that’s engaging and feels relevant. It’s a delightful change of pace from Wandavision, which to me just felt like a chore to get through and ultimately didn’t pay off for me.

I am of course not referring to the Flagsmashers or their BS logic about the blip or snap or whatever you call it. That stuff is hamfisted and doesn’t seem remotely connected to anything.

The reason the Flagsmasher storyline seems so disconnected and messed up is because it is. It originally centered around a virus outbreak, but after the whole Covid thing, that storyline got squashed and they had to do reshoots to try and change it to this geopolitical no borders thing.

I just want to know what kind of paint they use in universe on the shield. It’s always pristine without a hint of wear or tear no matter how much it’s banged, thrown or dragged on concrete.

Wow hahah I was thinking the same thing but only because I just finished painting my shield this weekend. My watch clasp lightly touched the shield and took paint off.

A couple fun observations I had during this episode:

Sarah's boys call him Uncle Sam. It's a little on the nose, but damn if that isn't some convenient foreshadowing and kind of a fun wink and nod.

Sam and Bucky have their "real talk" conversation while literally playing catch with the shield. It's a very prototypically male contrivance, but I dig it in this instance. It's kind of the first time they interact with each other without any snark in the series.

I just want to know what kind of paint they use in universe on the shield. It’s always pristine without a hint of wear or tear no matter how much it’s banged, thrown or dragged on concrete.
Weird thing is, the paint gets messed up and subsequently restored a couple of times in the films.

A couple fun observations I had during this episode:

Sarah's boys call him Uncle Sam. It's a little on the nose, but damn if that isn't some convenient foreshadowing and kind of a fun wink and nod.

Sam and Bucky have their "real talk" conversation while literally playing catch with the shield. It's a very prototypically male contrivance, but I dig it in this instance. It's kind of the first time they interact with each other without any snark in the series.

I thought the same thing when they called him Uncle Sam.

James Kenobi 1138 said:
In my head-canon Bucky knew some things about how to throw/catch the shield from Steve that he was passing on to Sam.

That's exactly what I think was going on. Bucky probably knows how Steve threw/caught it and was giving him tips because Bucky wants him to take over.

im still confused, theres more plot holes here that can easily sink sams boat,
if they are on the trail of the flagsmashers, why would they just doss off and go fix a boat, wouldnt they want to stop whats going on.
and the shield, didnt the govmt people say to walker they wanted it back, surely they wouldnt be too complacent in it just for it to go missing, and would of got it back.
and the broke avenger thing dosent make much sense to me, pepper must be running stark hq, right, and that means money and resources right,
or is pepper now some scrooge mcduck, did she close stark tower and kick them out the door,

im glad others are liking this, but not so for me,
just seems so disconnected from the mcu, its like the dialog\acting\camera work is somehow off or below par to be what it should be,
especially with the amount of money this cost,
mainly i just wish it had some better writing, it could of been 10x better

im still confused, theres more plot holes here that can easily sink sams boat,
if they are on the trail of the flagsmashers, why would they just doss off and go fix a boat, wouldnt they want to stop whats going on.

They literally said they had lost them. Joaquin said “Sometimes the best thing to do, is wait until there’s something to do.”

Sam also explained to his sister that they had been sidelined.

Not liking something is one thing. Questioning the plot because you’re not even paying attention is another.

i hear what you are saying,
i know sam said they have gone underground, and lost them, but sam and bucky were in a better position to still continue, and they do things their own way, there could have been a clue lying around
maybe sam could of asked for a favour somewhere in their search, he knows people, or are they all off doing their own thing
The “Sometimes the best thing to do, is wait until there’s something to do.” line is a little bit weak,
thats a bit like saying we'll find these terrorists after they let off a nuclear bomb

like sam said, the longer it takes for Karli to regroup, the longer it'll be to find her,
i would of thought sam and bucky would keep looking, even for a bit, even if it was fruitless, and not just go off fixing a boat,
i thought zemo would stay around longer, i think i liked him the best, as he seemed to be the most resourceful of them all, and the wakandans just take him off to a prison,

i think i just wanted it to play out differently, it is what it is i guess
i need to watch this all again, after the final one, so i can join up the dots a lot better,

Fixing the boat was a metaphor for Sam and Buckey fixing their relationship, family, community and souls.

As Sam said, my family is part of the world I need to save.

I didn’t find it a waste of time at all, in fact it shows that Sam is a true hero, deserving of the shield and mantle as Cap.

He cares as much for his family and community as he does the rest of the world.

I can also see Sam wanting to stick close to home for a minute. It was only an episode prior that Karli used his sister to get to him. She knows where his family lives. If he lost her, staying near an implied target is as good a tactic as any...

Super villains are by definition pretty crazy, but I would think that you would be smart enough not to p*ss of one of the Avengers and threaten their family. You might find the Hulk at your door and even Karli would have trouble with that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back