The Falcon & Winter Soldier (tv series)

I don't like how chummy Sam and Bucky were with John Walker. It came across to me like it was a little more than just "cooperating to achieve a means to an end". They should told JW "Uh yeah thanks for the help but get the hell out of here cos you is a COLD BLOODED MURDERER!"

I really like the nuance in Walker's character. He has just enough relatability as a character with enough "bad days" to knock him out of alignment and a super soldier serum to amplify his behavior.
A fine example of a chaotic good alignment with chaotic neutral tendencies.

Captain America 4 in the works apparently

DD361EB5-C921-4D91-9F9A-5DAD60A7F905.jpeg

J

I loved this series.

I literally yelled “Yeah!” when we first saw the new Cap suit.

The Flagsmashers were definitely the weakest part of this series, but I didn’t think they were horrible. For a hasty reimagining after the virus angle had to be scrapped, I think they did an okay job salvaging it.

I actually really like Walker. He’s a flawed hero, and probably a fairly realistic portrayal of the pressure that someone would be under in the situation. I still feel that his reaction to Lemar’s murder was a reaction many of us would have...whether we want to admit that or not. Wyatt RusselI’s been great in the role. I particularly liked in this episode when he said “You don’t think Lamar’s life mattered?!” The line was delivered perfectly, with anger, grief, and a bit of confusion. He is going to make a good anti-hero type of character going forward.

This series sets so much up going forward...obviously we have a new Cap. We have a start of the Thunderbolts. We have Madame Hydra. We have another new Young Avenger in Eli Bradley. We have Joaquin.

And we have Sharon Carter.

I thought her arc was fantastic. They did a lot of “Oh she’s definitely the Power Broker” moments, but did just enough hitting the brakes on that idea that you still weren’t 100% sure until this final episode. I am extremely curious to see where they take this.

Overall, though, this series was everything I’d hoped it would be. Fantastic.

I didn't like the Flagsmashers. Not sure how if the virus plot would have helped with that or not. I'm glad their arc seems to be over with this episode and that they set up a potentially bigger threat. Though it does make the series feel like it ended too early. Kind of feels like how Netflix Marvel series had the first enemy arc and then have another enemy at the end of the season, but this show just ends at the first arc.

I liked a lot of the pieces of the finally but it didn't feel...I don't know..."grand" enough? It feels built up fantastically and then they had so much to get through in the episode that everything got scaled down. Like the WandaVision finale, I think it would have worked better split into two episodes. One episode of just action, focusing on the final battle and then the last episode as a calm breather to wrap things up with Isaiah, Walker, Sharon, Bucky's amends and whatever else.

Also, on the grandness scale, I don't think Sam's speech to the GRC leaders hit like the writers wanted. I think a change of scenery and just small tweaks would have made it better.

Last thought, I hate Sharon as the Power Broker. From what we got of her in WS and CW it just doesn't seem to vibe that she would go evil empire crime lord. Unless, of course, she is actually a Skrull, which is one the of the more popular theories out there.

Sharon as the Power Broker worked for me. I didn't think it was necessary incongruent with her character in CA:WS or CA:CW because, as Agent 13, she really didn't have any character development whatsoever. This was very plausible to me. I am fascinated because that part of me that is searching for hope of redemption keeps me in suspense.

In fact, I was ready to complain that her pardon and reenlistment at the end was way too neat - that there was no way she'd just walk away from heading a criminal organization like that, much less be pardoned. Shouldn't they at least interrogate her for info before considering a pardon? I was happy to see her connect with her people at the end.

One possible and predictable follow up is where Sharon double crosses her criminal allies and bring them to justice or kill them without involving the government because of her distrust in the government (i.e.. SHIELD) or because "they would never just let me walk away". And she is a good person in the end.

Another predictable follow up is if Sharon tries to carry about her plan and, at some point, someone gives her a talk about how proud her aunt would have been ... blah blah blah.... In another scene she would retrieve/recover an old photo of her with her aunt to gaze upon. Ultimately, her conscience has her turn her back to crime.

Yet another possibility is for Sharon to attempt to steal government secrets only to find that her "pardon" was actually a sting operation and she gets busted in the end or escapes.

I actually kinda like the last option because it involves the least amount of suspended disbelief, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be one of the first two.

Last edited:
I loved this series, beginning to end. We've watched each episode multiple times, and each time, it feels like we're finding some new detail or nuance that makes it a richer experience.

Love Sam's new suit. It was great to see him retain the wings, as they're such a great part of what made him unique as a hero.

I never really liked the Sharon character, but OMG, am I pissed that she's soiling Peggy's legacy this way. Is it possible she's a Skrull? Sure. She could even be a Pink Kree who's had some modifications made. There are tons of possibilities here and I think it'll be interesting going forward. I think the only thing I'm NOT here for is for it to actually be Sharon and her getting some sort of redemption arc. I don't know why, but Do. Not. Want.

Bucky's gonna be a GREAT stepdad one day. Seriously. The chemistry between Seb Stan and Adepero Oduye is off the charts, and you can see how much those boys already love Bucky. I want that happiness for them all.

Isaiah, though... I've done a fair amount of crying throughout the run of this show, but when Sam took Isiah and Eli to the Smithsonian... I cried SO HARD. It was a beautiful, powerful moment. Isaiah had so long since given up on the idea that his plight would ever be recognized, his accomplishments acknowledged, that he convinced himself that he was happier being anonymous. But the truth is, everyone wants to feel seen. To know that the things that happened to them mattered.

The evils that have been done in the past, can't be overlooked any longer. Even when they make us uncomfortable... ESPECIALLY when they make us uncomfortable, we need to examine them, say NEVER AGAIN, and make that **** count. This was a beautiful, fictionalized example of throwing open the doors to shine light on the skeletons in the closet so the healing can begin.

It was not bad overall but for me it feels a little bit cheap.Not really nice locations and the action was only ok.
But I liked the new Captain America.Not from the beginning but his transformation to the US Agent was better like the one from Falcon to the new Captain America.

Sharon straight up murdered some folks, I don't see a redemption arc here, despite how they're playing the US Agent angle.
Kinda think we're looking at a Skrull or some other doppelganger at work.

I agree.

She’s either:

A. A villain
B. An impostor

I don’t see any easy redemption story, either.

That said...I’m not sure which would be more interesting to me. We know Secret Invasion is coming, so that seems like the best bet..,but I personally think having her turn against the people that turned their back on her is a much more interesting option.

Sharon straight up murdered some folks, I don't see a redemption arc here, despite how they're playing the US Agent angle.
Kinda think we're looking at a Skrull or some other doppelganger at work.
My thought was Skrull after the villain reveal too

Well,I gotta say, I REALLY enjoyed this series, but there were some problems that the aborted Flag Smashers storyline that kept this thing from being better. It really showed here in the finale.

Until now, I'd have to give the show an A with the Bucky & Sam story, a B+ with the John Walker story, an A with the Isaiah Bradley story, & a C for the Flag Smashers.

All those grades stand, except the Flag Smashers, which drops to a D-. I can applaud the powers that be for what they were able to salvage, but that doesn't make it good, & the editing for anything involving them in this finale felt very disjointed.

Not hating on it or anything, but those were my takeaways.
Totally agree on your ratings

I re-watched the scene between Sharon and Karli and if Sharon isn't the Powerbroker but is working for the Powerbroker, the scene still works, meaning if they wanted to retcon it and introduce the 'real' Powerbroker they could.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back