The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Stolen picture, sure, but can anyone verify anything about the site itself, what about the others? What do you suppose would happen if you were to go and pick up that listing?

Like I've said, it definitely doesn't have any of the trademark red flags I've seen on other shifty sites.
It literally has ALL of the trademark red flags of a shifty site.

So does a low post count new user coming in and promoting the wares of said shifty site, but hey I'm the eternal skeptic.

It literally has ALL of the trademark red flags of a shifty site.

So does a low post count new user coming in and promoting the wares of said shifty site, but hey I'm the eternal skeptic.

I'm not promoting it. I literally had a question. If I couldn't ask it HERE to the experts, who could I? You know? Unfortunately I don't have any super savvy friends in this field or tech experts I can ask and reviews and other online ways don't point to anything (the name of the site certainly does it no favors in being specific), nor are they hardly definitive anyway. I'm legit curious if it's real. Where better to share as much info *I* had than here?

Anyway, I'd like you to list these trademark scam features. Because I'm seeing the opposite: unique photos of many (not ALL, many) items seen nowhere else with watermarks, seemingly legit and spread out reviews, up to date copyright, working contact info, no dummy text, and literally the only red flag I've seen is that they copied that one image from someone else on the one jacket I am interested in. And maybe a lot of the pricing and ongoing sales. But hey, that's why I'm asking, you know?

I've browsed so many scam sites the past year looking for something else, and none of the dime-a-dozen red flags I came across are present at all.

So please, share. I'm legit all ears.

Last edited:
unique photos of many (not ALL, many) items seen nowhere else with watermarks, seemingly legit and spread out reviews, up to date copyright, working contact info, no dummy text, and literally the only red flag I've seen is that they copied that one image from someone else on the one jacket I am interested in.
This item has watermarking on it, as do a couple others (owned by the same company, the bottom of the page has several links to it). The jacket you wanted is a stolen image from Anovos. Every item in the store, you can right click on it, search google for the image, and find a dozen sites with the same pics. The prices are low enough to be suspicious. The "add to cart" button literally takes you to another website on one of the items. Then the things like the low-res images blown up large (including actual pictures of Chris Pratt in costume, indicating apathy toward trademark and copyright law) make it look quick and cheap.

You'll probably receive something if you order form them. It might even look like the photos.

This item has watermarking on it, as do a couple others (owned by the same company, the bottom of the page has several links to it). The jacket you wanted is a stolen image from Anovos. Every item in the store, you can right click on it, search google for the image, and find a dozen sites with the same pics. The prices are low enough to be suspicious. The "add to cart" button literally takes you to another website on one of the items. Then the things like the low-res images blown up large (including actual pictures of Chris Pratt in costume, indicating apathy toward trademark and copyright law) make it look quick and cheap.

You'll probably receive something if you order form them. It might even look like the photos.

I've never seen that Nebula one anywhere else, or even that pretty meh bag (their model is pretty consistent too), but I've never actually done reverse image searches for any of them, so I definitely need to do that too.

I did try an "add to cart" and even though they advertised card and Paypal, there were no actual options to add either. (I wasn't going to buy, I was just testing the waters), all just saying "There is no shipping options for your state", before I even inputted anything.

Yeah, the prices are too good to be true on some, yet this is way more consistent effort than any other of these sites I've seen. I actually even bought a Hawaiian shirt from one of these sites last year and they were more than happy to take money from my Paypal and then feign a refund, etc.

Well, I sent them an inquiry to their email asking, so let's see if or what they say. It's a truly perplexing scam if it is one, though. Barely even worth the effort. ._.

I'm stumped on these pants from volume 2. Can anyone identify this metal part that goes on the flap over the zipper?
1641595972840.png

Is that positioning going to be comfortable? I was considering installing fans in my helmet but the power supply thing has stumped me.
Yes comfortable. None of the wires, batteries or fans touch my face. I purchased a 2nd EFX helmet so I can use what I learned to make it perfect. Next time I'm going to put the fans and leds on their own circuit. Turning on the fans dims the leds a little. I have websites I purchased double domed lense crystal for the outside eye lens. I could write a book on everything I've done and what I don't like and want to redo. And honestly, it's easier getting a new one then trying to undo everything on the 1st one

I'm going to sell my 1st EFX helmet when I'm done with my second

Just letting everyone know, there was zero reply at all to the inquiries on the site, no way to actually buy. So even if you could, definitely don't go to that one or considering buying. It can be fun to browse, I guess, but not much more than that.

Hey, guys, well, I just found something pretty dang weird:

What is this? It's unavailable, but I've never seen anything like it and it does look accurate and maybe could be one of those Disney park jackets I saw a few hundred pages back (given the broken zipper). Obviously it's long since outdated now too, so... it remains an even bigger oddity to me.

Anyone know the picture or this site? How strange.

Hey, guys, well, I just found something pretty dang weird:

What is this? It's unavailable, but I've never seen anything like it and it does look accurate and maybe could be one of those Disney park jackets I saw a few hundred pages back (given the broken zipper). Obviously it's long since outdated now too, so... it remains an even bigger oddity to me.

Anyone know the picture or this site? How strange.
It’s very old news. They never made the jacket. Most likely left the page up to try an drum up interest. The photo is of a screen jacket, if I remember correctly.

It’s very old news. They never made the jacket. Most likely left the page up to try an drum up interest. The photo is of a screen jacket, if I remember correctly.

I figured with that date, but what page was it originally on? I don't recall ever seeing it in the topic when I browsed (at least not the picture).
So is the site legit and they literally did have, as claimed, with their Marvel pattern and the like? Why didn't they go ahead and make it then?

Just curious. Really hard to search on this board, so finding it on my own (way before my time here) will be tricky.

Last edited:
I figured with that date, but what page was it originally on? I don't recall ever seeing it in the topic when I browsed (at least not the picture).
So is the site legit and they literally did have, as claimed, with their Marvel pattern and the like? Why didn't they go ahead and make it then?

Just curious. Really hard to search on this board, so finding it on my own (way before my time here) will be tricky.
EFX have made quite a few licensed collectables over the years, including Star Lord's helmet. I don't think it was discussed much here, because nothing else was 'publicly' revealed aside from that photo. They never made it because there probably wasn't enough interest. Even their SL helmet took a while to sell out (and can probably still be had here and there). Also, since they predominantly make 'hard' props, like helmets (which they are kinda kown for having delays on), setting up suppliers to deliver screen-accurate soft goods adds an additional layer of complexity.

EFX have made quite a few licensed collectables over the years, including Star Lord's helmet. I don't think it was discussed much here, because nothing else was 'publicly' revealed aside from that photo. They never made it because there probably wasn't enough interest. Even their SL helmet took a while to sell out (and can probably still be had here and there). Also, since they predominantly make 'hard' props, like helmets (which they are kinda kown for having delays on), setting up suppliers to deliver screen-accurate soft goods adds an additional layer of complexity.

That seems like a complete waste. I legit would've bought that jacket right away if I had known. I at least had the demand.

Does anyone know if Anovos ever produced their version? I know they had a hard time producing most of the items they sold LOL. I just never heard of anyone getting this jacket from them. I did a search of this thread and the RPF in general and got no results...
Cheers
Steven

Does anyone know if Anovos ever produced their version? I know they had a hard time producing most of the items they sold LOL. I just never heard of anyone getting this jacket from them. I did a search of this thread and the RPF in general and got no results...
Cheers
Steven

Definitely curious to see any other stories or versions about the vol 1 jacket too! Please share! Kinda sad that this jacket has been neglected now for the vol 2 jacket. I don't even really like it as much. >_>

This just popped up on one of my feeds. What the hell IS this? I've never seen one even remotely close to it:

He has it billed as a "Disney's cosmic rewind jacket", but it doesn't even look like one of those park costume jackets. Anyone have any idea? Is it a NEW version of the vol 1 jacket??

It's not accurate or anything, Magnoli and Danny have better jackets, but it's way better than most other versions you can find for sale. Was it mass produced? I'm just very puzzled.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    581.7 KB · Views: 130
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    617.8 KB · Views: 122
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    618.2 KB · Views: 111
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    568.4 KB · Views: 115
  • s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 104
  • s-l1600 (6).jpg
    s-l1600 (6).jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 104
  • s-l1600 (7).jpg
    s-l1600 (7).jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 119
  • s-l1600 (8).jpg
    s-l1600 (8).jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 103
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
This just popped up on one of my feeds. What the hell IS this? I've never seen one even remotely close to it:

He has it billed as a "Disney's cosmic rewind jacket", but it doesn't even look like one of those park costume jackets. Anyone have any idea? Is it a NEW version of the vol 1 jacket??

It's not accurate or anything, Magnoli and Danny have better jackets, but it's way better than most other versions you can find for sale. Was it mass produced? I'm just very puzzled.
I've looked for star lord jackets a lot and have ownedquitea few. Can't say I've seen that one.

It looks like the one available from the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind gift shop.

It looks like the one available from the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind gift shop.

I asked the seller and he confirmed that is the source, and he bought three, a L, XL, and 2XL and they're all on Ebay for now for about 150, if anyone wants one.

He said though it was only when there, so I'm guessing it was some sort of event or finite thing, definitely not going to be super common. In any case, it would've been cool in 2015, but it's outdated now. I do appreciate another vol 1 attempt though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back