The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Got the battery housing installed, going to wire everything in parallel. You can see the led on the side and the 2 fans.

Attachments

• 20211019_120532.jpg
    20211019_120532.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 149
  • 20211019_134418.jpg
    20211019_134418.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 20211019_134455.jpg
    20211019_134455.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 20211019_134536.jpg
    20211019_134536.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 161
Has anyone purchased this jacket? I am debating between the White Sheep and this one.

White sheep leather. Hands down best star lord jacket at a somewhat affordable price. All pictures are from the actual jacket, no copies. If you can save up money, nothing beats Magnoli! Magnoli has both volume 1 and 2 jackets at the highest quality. I have the vol. 1 jacket and it's unrivaled.

Last edited:
Star lord efx helmet progress. Not finished. Got the domed and flat watch crystal lenses installed. Working lights and cooling fans.

Attachments

• 20211029_185158.jpg
    20211029_185158.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 20211029_185217.jpg
    20211029_185217.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 20211029_185248.jpg
    20211029_185248.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 20211029_185318.jpg
    20211029_185318.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 129
White sheep leather. Hands down best star lord jacket at a somewhat affordable price. All pictures are from the actual jacket, no copies. If you can save up money, nothing beats Magnoli! Magnoli has both volume 1 and 2 jackets at the highest quality. I have the vol. 1 jacket and it's unrivaled.
I’d say as far as quality goes you can’t beat Magnoli, but their Volume 2 while having some really accurate details needs a lot of customizations upon order. The entire back needs reworking. I KNOW they could make a great one if someone has the pockets to order a customized one.

I’d say as far as quality goes you can’t beat Magnoli, but their Volume 2 while having some really accurate details needs a lot of customizations upon order. The entire back needs reworking. I KNOW they could make a great one if someone has the pockets to order a customized one.

There is no extra charge if you want to fully customize this jacket, including tweaks to the back, front, anything you want, really. ;)

There is no extra charge if you want to fully customize this jacket, including tweaks to the back, front, anything you want, really. ;)
Do you have any pictures of a jacket with any changes ? I’ve been really tempted to save up and order one with customizations but I’ve gone through five different jackets at this point so I’ve been super nervous about doing it. I don’t think there’s been a jacket yet to really be 100%

DaftJester No, unfortunately I don't have any updated v2 photos. If you'd like to go the custom route, best to e-mail us directly. We can then talk about the changes and once we start, we can keep you updated with photos which you can approve before anything is finished and shipped.

It seems impossible to find good Star lord pants. The ones I have purchased are to cheap looking. I also don't want to spend $400. I feel like its a lost cause. Trying to find something that works is difficult. Looking for a pair without back and or cargo pockets. If someone knows of any, that would be awesome

Hello guys! Anyone could be interested in the Hasbro Star Lord Helmet? I've one to sell to grab a chance to take the 40th anniversary Walkman.

Thanks to reading me and have a nice day.

Probably too late, but I found one for a deal (100, given that they go for 300+ now!) and while it's not the most comfortable to wear, honestly, I've gotten quite a lot of use out of it as my room's Bluetooth speaker! That alone makes it worth it to me!

Probably too late, but I found one for a deal (100, given that they go for 300+ now!) and while it's not the most comfortable to wear, honestly, I've gotten quite a lot of use out of it as my room's Bluetooth speaker! That alone makes it worth it to me
Hi! Yeah I saw it, I bought it 2 years ago and I was really disappointed about it.
I still have it but I think I'll sell it one day.

Hi! Yeah I saw it, I bought it 2 years ago and I was really disappointed about it.
I still have it but I think I'll sell it one day.

How much did you get it for? If you bought it cheap, you could make a pretty nice profit now, I think.

For me though, I'm happy with it if only as a unique speaker! I have a mannequin for it (among other costume things), battery eliminators on it (it runs forever now), and a phone it links up with that plays all my music! I'm set! :cool:

On the topic of jacket variants, I wanted to ask the community about something and would definitely appreciate the help. I hope posting these links are alright; I've not seen them discussed anywhere else and I'd really like to know.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Vol 2 jacket, but I have seen some versions that look really damn good that made me tempted to buy, but they aren't cheap. I'm not as well versed on the makers behind them though, so I feel it's far more risky to buy from unknown sites and I'd like to know if these sites are even legit and if you were to order from said sites, if you would get the proper jacket or a lower variant, like what you might find on Ebay.

This seems to be an off-shoot of "Movie Jackets", from what I can tell and as you can see, they offer quite a few variants for the Vol 2 jacket and even the Vol 1.

I'm most interested in this one:

And it is by far the best price for that quality too. Even their other variant isn't bad, but considering how often I see this same style of jacket for more than double, it's raised doubts.

I'd appreciate any insight into each version of this jacket or this site, if anyone has past experience, can vouch or anything. It or Movie Jackets don't give me any red flags (and I've come across my fair share of scam sites), so I'd appreciate other input from the community! As much feedback as possible would be much appreciated for not just me, but for anyone else looking to browse!

Thanks!

Last edited:
That one you're most interested in is just pictures stolen from Anovos.

Stolen picture, sure, but can anyone verify anything about the site itself, what about the others? What do you suppose would happen if you were to go and pick up that listing?

Like I've said, it definitely doesn't have any of the trademark red flags I've seen on other shifty sites.

Hey all!

This is my first post to the RPF, I've heard great things about the community here. This is my first cosplay as well.

I have a few questions here. Does anyone have reccommendations for what paints best replicate the shades of gray and brass on the helmet?

And what are the options for the gray volume 2 shirts out there? I've seen a lot of cheapy-looking costume-style ones, but I'm looking for something accurate and comfortable.

Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back