The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

So are these trick arrows something that can be bought?

Hi Greeky I make 3d props for a living from files made and printed via my store. I have worked for Marvel, Universal and most recently done a bit of commission for Independent product designers. I can definitely make these to order without a shadow of doubt and screen accurate :) My hawk eye arrow is very similar to this. I've sold similar props to the RPF on countless occasions and I believe several members on here have purchased my SHIELD badge recently, I know Stargatefan1988 has :)

Here's my store

Paul

The first picture showing all 4 collars is actually my model. They will be printed and will be made available.

Ah ok I was linked to a specific post and thought someone wanted them made. Good luck with this buddy :)

Paul

I saw where the long sleeve under armor short was mentioned. Granted I can see this as more for Stephen than the costume, but, I'm curious if anyone is wearing a heat-gear pant/leggings/tights under their pants for the summer. I know under armor has heat-gear leggings, just wondering who might have experience.

I laugh now as I pick a costume for Cons I know I am going to during the summertime. A little "opps haha" is in store.

Awesome work Pinder! Loving these, and I think I want some of these to make a "complete" trick arrow collection, rather than just a bunch of plain arrows in a quiver :) This will make it pretty easy to make a sort of checklist of types!

Thanks, buddy!! Great minds think alike. :thumbsup

Ah ok I was linked to a specific post and thought someone wanted them made. Good luck with this buddy :)

Paul

Thanks, Paul. I'm really excited to get these printed parts in hand.

In 4-5 days I will have the prototype costume in hand and will show it off here right away, no worries!

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome work Pinder! Loving these, and I think I want some of these to make a "complete" trick arrow collection, rather than just a bunch of plain arrows in a quiver :) This will make it pretty easy to make a sort of checklist of types!

I'm super hyped for this. Consider myself saving up for one if all goes well and there's a run of them for sale. Especially if it's affordable. :) :thumbsup

looking at the mock ups of the trick arrows, I assume this would be a Taser one?

tumblr_n5m9y3MlIH1sww0bwo3_1280.png

well Can always add that to our Arrows list lol

Coming up next:

- Taser Arrows shown on the prop master's facebook page, fired from the...
- Counter-Measures pods (or dampers that some of you have been calling them) located on the power limbs of the Kestrel
- Injection Arrows (these appear to basically use the same collar as shown above, only possibly slightly modified)

;) :thumbsup :ninja

Well, I promised some more...

TRICK ARROWS: Part 2

INJECTION_zps28f2a571.jpg

Multiple times throughout the series we've seen Oliver using injection arrows. A term, I believe, not uttered until the Season 2 finale. The first is seen in 119. Oliver uses it to counteract Vertigo.

vlcsnap-2014-05-19-21h41m31s8_zps2d9b3171.png

vlcsnap-2014-05-19-21h45m32s64_zps8d23e602.png

In 218, Sara fills them with Tibetan Pit Viper venom.

F841A173-6CA4-470D-8049-8DADA1641C9E_zpsehpf61r0.jpg

In 219, Rampage Roy get stuck with a few.

Screenshot2014-05-24at60222PM_zps24b8d167.png

Screenshot2014-05-24at60328PM_zps9337111d.png

These are used frequently in Season 2 (I'll update this post with more episodes soon). The collar looks to be essentially the same as the previous trick collar, just slightly shortened with internal features to show the fluid.

Not too long ago, the propmaster showed the following picture on his facebook page.

10154258_696740147049358_7138961518381918526_n_zps1f3c0946.jpg

He referred to it as a "Taser Arrow", even though there already is a taser arrow (and these aren't really arrows anyway). Either way, these are what was fired at Slade from the "Counter-Measures Pods" (as the propmaster called them) on the Kestrel in 219.

Screenshot2014-04-21at91723PM_zps900ab964.png

Which finally leads me to...

CMP_zps2611db62.jpg

Screenshot2014-05-24at63009PM_zps342061a4.png

We finally have a name for these add-ons to the bow. Confirmed to be made from scratch. The props used to actually open up and digitally fire the tasers appear to have a more blunt profile than what we've seen on the bow the rest of the season, probably due to the size of the pods vs the taser. Not much more to say than that.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back