The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

That is an awesome suit, Zerog! I like the color. I'm jealous!

I'm even more jealous that you got to meet Emily Bett Rickards... Love that girl. :(

I got the pics at walker stalker con in Chicago. My costume actually started as a Cosplay sky purchase. I modified it from the reference pics. Actually still working on it. As far as color I took all of my reference pics and divided them up by lighting conditions. I then used liquitex diluted with denatured alcohol and sprayed it on fabric samples from my costume. I then took pictured and compared it to similar lighting conditions. It was a bitch because the color dries different than when it was wet. The whole process took me over a month till I felt ok with it.

What shade of liquitex? And I take it you need an airbrush machine to use it?

It was a mixture of different greens, blacks, browns, and greys. I'll have to look for the exact colors but it's a mix. And I had to airbrush it for consistency. Besides thinning it with denatured alcohol. I always keep a small batch aside for touch ups. All of what I did was just trial and error but I'll post sound more info when I get home tomorrow.

It was a mixture of different greens, blacks, browns, and greys. I'll have to look for the exact colors but it's a mix. And I had to airbrush it for consistency. Besides thinning it with denatured alcohol.
Maybe I should ask cosplaysky to use a darker green pleather so I don't need to repaint it. I've noticed from their website that they agree to make the costume in black based on a prospect's Q&A request so I suppose they can honor other color changes. Btw, how's the stretchable fabric on the costume, it is breathable?

Maybe I should ask cosplaysky to use a darker green pleather so I don't need to repaint it. I've noticed from their website that they agree to make the costume in black based on a prospect's Q&A request so I suppose they can honor other color changes. Btw, how's the stretchable fabric on the costume, it is breathable?

Just a heads up Cosplaysky do really nice work but i ordered the Arrow costume from them, the lining inside the jacket was really badly put together they sewed it in twisted so i couldn't even put an arm in the sleeve of the jacket and the quiver strap was sized for a toddler not an adult, make sure you measure yourself around the chest before ordering as i ended up waiting a full month before they sent me the correct sized quiver strap and they never even apologised about the issue with the jacket sleeve.

I don't think they do a darker green either as i asked them to use a different color green on mine and they didn't even reply they just sent me the standard color.

In some pics I'm happy about the green. In others I still think it needs work. In this pic I'm happy with the hood but in other pics I think it's too olive.

All of the china costumes are too OD in my opinion. The only part of the suit I liked was the belt and quiver strapping. Everything else was modified or replaced.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399211929.180083.jpg

I know this really isn't part of the definitive part but I'm in the middle of constructing the salmon ladder as well as the pull-up bar for Oliver's workouts on the island as well as in his lair
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/08/y9e6a2uh.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's fantastic! Did you find instructions on how to construct one, or are you winging it? I've been considering building one in my backyard.

Hey guys i am new to this site and i have skimmed a few pages over the last year and i just spent the last 3 hours reading all 27 pages of this thread and i have to say wow you guys are incrediably amazing and some of you should be detectives lol.

I am a huge Arrow fan and i have cosplayed Arrow twice at Fan Expo Vancouver and i now have a year to get more then enough accurate items all thanks to you guys.

I read that someone got the shado dragon tattooed, i also go the shado dragon tattooed and in this video link from Fan Expo Vancouver a few weeks ago Stephen is talking about and to me.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s6BbgP2UZa8
PhotoGrid_1399077591368.jpg

Which later that day he did sign my back!
PhotoGrid_1398834698532.jpg

Also after reading all 27 pages i feel that i need to contribute to this thread so here you go Stephen Amell's Stunt Team Jacket.
IMG_206698579275123.jpeg Atom-SV-Hoody-Storm.png

P.S. I also could not get the Bratva Tattoo because i also have the Supernatural Tattoo lol..IMAG0119-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
I read that someone got the shado dragon tattooed, i also go the shado dragon tattooed

P.S. I also could not get the Bratva Tattoo because i also have the Supernatural Tattoo lol..View attachment 321453

That was me haha. I have the Supernatural tattoo as well. If I didn't have that I'd have definitely gotten the Bratva tat! Also your dragon is the one from the show, mine is a direct pull from the pages of The Longbow Hunters, but I still love yours! I have Mandarin tattoos in the same place as Ollie as well, but I have 6 characters whereas he has 4, and mine actually mean something when put together haha

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That was me haha. I have the Supernatural tattoo as well. If I didn't have that I'd have definitely gotten the Bratva tat! Also your dragon is the one from the show, mine is a direct pull from the pages of The Longbow Hunters, but I still love yours! I have Mandarin tattoos in the same place as Ollie as well, but I have 6 characters whereas he has 4, and mine actually mean something when put together haha

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Haha i would so get that tattoo also but at least we have a star shaped tattoo haha, yah i would love to get the symbols too just need the right meaning, i guess we are both hardcore CW TV Show fans hey? i also have serveral dc and marvel tattoos, such as Superman symbol ripped on my chest and DC Comics logo on my neck etc.

hey guys, I'm Giacomo and I'm a italian fan of arrow.

I'm building the costume and i'm building the boots.
I know that his boots are hybrids (nike free run 2.0 + tactical boots)

But i don't know what the model is the tactical boots

this photo is from comic con 2012boots comic con.jpg

and this it's the hybrid boots ArrowBoots.jpg

the lower part is the nike free run 2.0, but the the upper part of boot it's the same tactical boot that at comic con.

is there anyone who can find out what brand they are?

thank you so much guys, this thread it's fantastic

No one knows the boot used at SDCC, however the nike versions were copied from them and not the actual boot used.

So just by getting the details in you will be accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back