The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

Man, if this suit looks as great as it does in those pictures we saw AND it comes with a hood AND is around $500!?! Then, by golly gosh, I don't even have the money yet, but when I do, take it good sirs. Take it and pat yourselves on the back for doing collectors, cosplayers and fanboys (or all of the above like me!) a fantastic, a magnificent service. I commend you all, and if I meet anybody else in the market for a screen accurate Arrow suit, I'll send them your way. I hope you guys make a mint.

That said, I want to get started on a Season 1 bow. Is the riser for Ollie's Ragim Matrix custom made? Or was it the original riser, but maybe sanded down a bit for that natural wood look?

I don't think Prim is actually getting anything for all the work he's put into helping his leather guy with all the details... he should. I for sure am not. I really haven't contributed much other than a few Skype sessions with Prim.

The Season 1 bow uses the stock riser. Check out the first post in this thread for details... http://www.therpf.com/f77/definitive-cw-arrow-thread-202219/#post3143977

Also, Tvayumat and JBReplicas both have really nice build threads showing how to do it.

Alrighty! Some progress! This version has half a dozen things that I need to tweak, but far enough along I am happy to show a couple detail body shots!

Take a look! By weeks end I will have my hood done and will take some cool shots to show it off a bit more, but here we go!

View attachment 330930View attachment 330931View attachment 330932View attachment 330933View attachment 330934View attachment 330935

That looks amazing, the minute that they are ready to start taking orders, my money will be there!

Omg that looks amazing! And that is such an incrediable price i for sure am interested in this suit! What will the size be custom or what? Im 6'4, between 190-200 pds. But i would love to have this for next years fan expo. Will keep a look out on this page for when we can pre order!!!

hey guys , i currently own an oneida kestrel so if anyone has any questions about the mechanics of the bow or specs you can shoot me a question:)
PS: i cant wait to see the finished costume im keen to purchase one, good luck on the final tweaking

Been updating my Arrow. Season 2 bow and quiver. Not PVC pipe.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402009046.167580.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402009046.167580.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 814
The feathers are actually olive green 3mm foamies and lightly airbrushed with a black acrylic. For the quiver I used my old one. My original quiver was taken off of one pic from season 1 so not quite accurate. Instead of having a slit in the back it was two pieces of material rolled together. The original quiver was made with a very thick leather used for belts that I got from a friend for free. I then used 3m super 77 spray glue and a black cotton twill to cover it. Then sprayed the quiver with a krylon flat black. The green straps were extra leather airbrushed with a very diluted liquitex paint that I mixed to achieve the optimal green color. I used the same cotton twill for my punisher war zone vest. Purchased at Joann fabrics. I couldn't see spending money on cordura when a cotton twill would achieve the same look.

The feathers are actually olive green 3mm foamies and lightly airbrushed with a black acrylic. For the quiver I used my old one. My original quiver was taken off of one pic from season 1 so not quite accurate. Instead of having a slit in the back it was two pieces of material rolled together. The original quiver was made with a very thick leather used for belts that I got from a friend for free. I then used 3m super 77 spray glue and a black cotton twill to cover it. Then sprayed the quiver with a krylon flat black. The green straps were extra leather airbrushed with a very diluted liquitex paint that I mixed to achieve the optimal green color. I used the same cotton twill for my punisher war zone vest. Purchased at Joann fabrics. I couldn't see spending money on cordura when a cotton twill would achieve the same look.

On eBay u can get 60ft for $5-7

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I've put together group buys but if there's interest I could look at making more. The slit on mine is slightly crooked since I cut it after it was assembled. If I made more it would be straight. My quiver is tapered from the bottom. I don't believe it is just a straight tube.

You should start your own build thread if you haven't already.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back