The Darkness comic costume

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Trimmed the chin and first coat of dry brushing

Holy smokes that looks amazing.....totally watching this one. Darkness = Durkness I'm kind of a fan too!!!! Can't wait to see it!

This costume is right up my alley!
I love seeing people use foam fabrication. It is a method I really admire.
You are using it masterfully.

If you spray the costume with spray glue on the outside before you add the latex it will seal the foam so the latex doesn't soak in. That way the latex
will sit on the surface. This not only saves you latex, but makes the costume lighter.

There are spray glues that are colored. Those help you see were you have sprayed.

Another way to save on latex is to add paint to the base layers, This helps you see where you have placed latex and gets the base color down.

Last edited:
Thank you so much guys! And thank you for the advice

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI'm starting to lay out the arms and getting everything ready to move forward j have a dead line and it's coming up soon so trying to get it done. I have my latex coming in tomorrow so that's exciting

My god you are a F'in animal.
My absolute favorite comic.
You are doing Jackie a great justice.
I cannot wait to see more.

Everything is looking awesome!
Do you plan to dry brush the costume or airbrush it?
After painting do you plan to coat the costume in perma-wet?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back