The Creator

We'll see. There have been a lot of movies that looked decent in the teaser and fell apart in the full trailer. I'm at least somewhat interested.

Looks neat. As long as the rest of the acting is on par with the trailer, and there isn't some major plot hole, it'll at least be a fun dystopian shoot em up movie to have on the shelf.

I'm excited to see this one. I'll watch it for the props, the visuals, and the action. He has a knack for films that capture the concept art in a very satisfying way. A way not a lot of directors can do. Those blasters looks fantastic.

As far as eye-candy goes, this is pretty sweet.
The production design looks really good, even though a lot of the stuff we're seeing is heavily inspired by existing works.

The Creator promo at Sci Fi … I mean SOFI stadium yesterday at Chargers/Dolphins opener.

52175880-B02F-4211-8372-4893051404B8.jpeg
378A8A0E-6D1A-4659-8AF1-3DEE046F092D.jpeg

Saw this tonight. Loved the visuals and production design, Gareth Edwards is definitely a very talented visualist. Top marks for stunning location photograpy and rejection of excessive green screens, too. Unfortunately the script was all too similar in its weaknesses to that other visual master/poor writer, Neil Blomkamp. Morally simplistic, black and white good/bad guys and full of tropes and derivative plot points, most notably Blomkamp's similarly flawed Elysium, which is ironic. I wish talented directors/effects guys would stop writing their own movies, they don't seem to be very good at it.

Saw this tonight. Loved the visuals and production design, Gareth Edwards is definitely a very talented visualist. Top marks for stunning location photograpy and rejection of excessive green screens, too. Unfortunately the script was all too similar in its weaknesses to that other visual master/poor writer, Neil Blomkamp. Morally simplistic, black and white good/bad guys and full of tropes and derivative plot points, most notably Blomkamp's similarly flawed Elysium, which is ironic. I wish talented directors/effects guys would stop writing their own movies, they don't seem to be very good at it.
That stinks. I am absolutely loving the visuals I am seeing in the TV spots. I like John David Washington too. For me the Blomkamp comparison is not an immediate deal breaker (maybe I am too easily distracted by shiny/sparkly things) Looking forward to it whenever I am able to catch it.

That stinks. I am absolutely loving the visuals I am seeing in the TV spots. I like John David Washington too. For me the Blomkamp comparison is not an immediate deal breaker (maybe I am too easily distracted by shiny/sparkly things) Looking forward to it whenever I am able to catch it.
Your mileage will vary. I enjoyed the movie, and there are some very cool, and occasionally funny set pieces. Edwards has a terrific sense of scale, favours practical effects, and in this case shot the movie and took it to rough cut stage before a single effects shot was created, pretty unheard of in a movie of this type these days. This technique lead to a projected $200m movie coming in at 80m.

I was frustrated by the movie, beacause it could have been so much better. There are a lot of important plot points that are dismissed with a throw-away line, the visual world building is let down by the textual and it felt compromised by essentially being a family movie, and the huge over familiarity of the final act really kind of lost me.

Edwards has a terrific sense of scale, favours practical effects, and in this case shot the movie and took it to rough cut stage before a single effects shot was created, pretty unheard of in a movie of this type these days. This technique lead to a projected $200m movie coming in at 80m.
Did not know this, and it’s really really intriguing. Might fast track my efforts to see it sooner. Thanks!

This looks interesting. I read that they filmed it with a Sony FX3. Not sure if they modified it or not, or used any super expensive lenses to help.
But, either way, I'm sure that helped the budget a bunch.
DSC02126.acr.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back