The Boys (Amazon Prime Video)

When all other shows fail you.....The Boy's never will. I'm actually glad this is weekly so I can't binge it in 2 days.
Yes, once a week is more than enough for me. And for the record I never nicked anything at the local Duane Reade although our protagonist seems to favor that brand. Loving This Show - had to rewind a few times for Paul Reiser’s character, just wow, he’s always interesting. A lot to Google there for sure (and did he really say Falcon Crest lol)

Last edited:
Yes, once a week is more than enough for me. And for the record I never nicked anything at the local Duane Reade although our protagonist seems to favor that brand. Loving This Show - had to rewind a few times for Paul Reiser’s character, just wow, he’s always interesting. A lot to Google there for sure (and did he really say Falcon Crest lol)
I know he was meant to represent the "old Hollywood" guard but I was wondering if he was meant to represent someone specific like Weinstein?

I do wonder how soldier boy is going to play out in the story. He is a potential big departure from the comics and I would like to see Ackles become a permanent cast member but that could make the story too easy.

I know he was meant to represent the "old Hollywood" guard but I was wondering if he was meant to represent someone specific like Weinstein?

I do wonder how soldier boy is going to play out in the story. He is a potential big departure from the comics and I would like to see Ackles become a permanent cast member but that could make the story too easy.
Yeah not sure where the Soldier Boy arc is going…

Depends on how you view the legend, seems he was a mogul or talent agent, sounded like there were connections to early Vought - possibly Stan Lee with a bit of Harvey thrown in?

the glasses…and the ‘don’t you know who this guy is?’ Lol.

His threat level depends on if he can really take away powers forever or if it's just temporarily and they eventually come back over time. I never read the comics so I have no clue.

His threat level depends on if he can really take away powers forever or if it's just temporarily and they eventually come back over time. I never read the comics so I have no clue.
True although honestly I think knowing the comics dont give any advantage since the story has deviated pretty significantly from the comics.

Soldier Boy is a minor character in the comics and is already dead I think. There is a hero that was thought to be dead but is revealed to be alive but that was Lamplighter who was basically a zombie, having lost his mind and not hidden like he was in S2. We already know that the story is a big deviation since Black Noir in the comics is a contingency against Homelander by being an exact clone of him while in the show, he is a black operative and seems to be his own person as opposed to a homelander clone.

Although it is implied that Soldier Boy's nuclear blasts can nullify powers, I honestly doubt its permanent. The female survived the blast and although it seems that she has lost her healing factor, I think its just part of this season's narrative of Kimiko exploring her humanity (which is why she relates to Frenchie who is also a "weapon" used by the Russian mob just like Kimiko is as a gun by Butcher and the Boys). Kimiko may enjoy being a regular human but will inevitably run into issues that show her how valuable her powers are (essentially Frenchie or the Boys running into trouble and Kimiko needing to return to being a "monster" to save them.

I do wonder about Solider Boy from a narrative and meta sense. Narratively, it would be great for Solider Boy to remain as a main cast member. He is the only hero who has a legitimate shot of beating Homelander, being one of the only heroes who is likely tough enough to tank Homelander's attacks and neutralize him. Solider Boy might not be able to take Homelander down by himself but with the Boys, could get the job done. It would also be interesting to see Soldier Boy turn against the Boys, supporting Homelander's supe superiority vision and joining the Seven as it would make the Boys situation even more dire.

In a meta sense, Jensen Ackles is a big get. He is a great actor and has experience working on long serials thanks to Supernatural. He is a cool dude from what Ive seen and I would like to see him play off Urban and Starr. The Boys writer is also Kripke who worked with Ackles for a long time on Supernatural so they know how to work together. However, Ackles could be expensive to keep as a new cast member as that would increase the series' budget and I keep getting the feeling he is a guest star. Amazon could afford him and if used well, I think we would be a great addition to the cast so I do hope he stays.

Last edited:
Yeah not sure where the Soldier Boy arc is going…

Depends on how you view the legend, seems he was a mogul or talent agent, sounded like there were connections to early Vought - possibly Stan Lee with a bit of Harvey thrown in?

the glasses…and the ‘don’t you know who this guy is?’ Lol.
True, I did get Stan Lee vibes from him from his role as the founding talent manager an in a sense, creator of the first heroes as well as working at Vought. I did also get Weinstein/Old Hollywood vibes from his critique of current superheroes (which mirrors Scorsese' critique of Marvel movies arnt cinema because its not real and risky) as well as the debauchery which in a sense wouldnt fly in modern Hollywood but was rumored to have occurred in old Hollywood.

I am loving Kripke's work on this though.

True, I did get Stan Lee vibes from him from his role as the founding talent manager an in a sense, creator of the first heroes as well as working at Vought. I did also get Weinstein/Old Hollywood vibes from his critique of current superheroes (which mirrors Scorsese' critique of Marvel movies arnt cinema because its not real and risky) as well as the debauchery which in a sense wouldnt fly in modern Hollywood but was rumored to have occurred in old Hollywood.

From an interview that Nerdist did with Eric Kripke:

Nerdist: Was Paul Riser’s delightful, scene-chewing Legend an ode to legendary producer Robert Evans?

Eric Kripke: You hit the nail on the head. In the comics Garth (Ennis) very definitively based The Legend on Stan Lee, and that was because Garth was living in a comic book world. The comic books were the huge media in that universe, so it makes sense that Stan Lee was the head of that. But in our world, movies and television are the primary source of superhero media. When you think of a producer from the ‘70s and ‘80s you land on Robert Evans pretty quickly. Paul and I spoke about it and it was a very conscious tribute to Robert Evans.

Really hoping Soldier Boy becomes a permanent member.

the latest fight showed us that Homelander is still top dog. Although Soldier Boy has more martial experience and training as a legit soldier, Homelander is more powerful in terms of absolute power, nevermind being able to also fly and shoot laser eyes. Even with v-powered Butcher, the two still couldnt handle homelander. It was only with the addition of Huey that the three could stand the chance along with training so Soldier Boy could launch those radiation beams at will. Since Soldier Boy is also gunning for Black Noir and Deep is loyal to homelander, the boys have their work cut out for them.

For some reason this episode didnt affect me as much as the previous ones. still good and agree with HeartBlade.

Note to self: I also have to stop staring in the mirror too much when I am trying on a costume.

Really hoping Soldier Boy becomes a permanent member.

the latest fight showed us that Homelander is still top dog. Although Soldier Boy has more martial experience and training as a legit soldier, Homelander is more powerful in terms of absolute power, nevermind being able to also fly and shoot laser eyes. Even with v-powered Butcher, the two still couldnt handle homelander. It was only with the addition of Huey that the three could stand the chance along with training so Soldier Boy could launch those radiation beams at will. Since Soldier Boy is also gunning for Black Noir and Deep is loyal to homelander, the boys have their work cut out for them.
I really liked that Homelander was scared of Soldier Boy, it added a lot of tension to that fight.

SPEAKING IN CODE vs SPOILER CONCEALMENT.

I feel like I am watching NASCAR just to see the wreck.

I am at the point of waiting to see stars n stripes buy it. Him or his bloody diabolical foe. Where else could the show go?

Noir bailed or is he going to make a surprise appearance as a ringer and help off/whack Stars n Stripes?

Will Ryan's dad recruit him to help? Stars n stripes is scared and I can see him throwing anyone at his problems. Butcher's tactic of making breakups toxic, scorched Earth has that option W I D E O P E N.

Maeve, we miss ya. Noir seems weaker than the comics, heck he can cut himself open. Hope she returns.

Head popper is either on notice or gonna try riskier stuff. Either way, depending on her power level, she could tip any scale.

The man who loves octopus is being mind controlled

Being able to remove powers, even if short term, is all that matters. Once someone is ganked, they ain't coming bac.. nm, this is Kripke.

SPEAKING IN CODE vs SPOILER CONCEALMENT.

I feel like I am watching NASCAR just to see the wreck.

I am at the point of waiting to see stars n stripes buy it. Him or his bloody diabolical foe. Where else could the show go?

Noir bailed or is he going to make a surprise appearance as a ringer and help off/whack Stars n Stripes?

Will Ryan's dad recruit him to help? Stars n stripes is scared and I can see him throwing anyone at his problems. Butcher's tactic of making breakups toxic, scorched Earth has that option W I D E O P E N.

Maeve, we miss ya. Noir seems weaker than the comics, heck he can cut himself open. Hope she returns.

Head popper is either on notice or gonna try riskier stuff. Either way, depending on her power level, she could tip any scale.

The man who loves octopus is being mind controlled

Being able to remove powers, even if short term, is all that matters. Once someone is ganked, they ain't coming bac.. nm, this is Kripke.
hoping noir goes all Mac on stars n stripes, with long tall sally playing in the background

just watching. Absolutely bonkers, 33 minutes in and I didn’t expect that - this season is going by way too fast. The bow after the credits was a nice touch, for what they filmed they put in a good amount of effort, from props to animation.

Last edited:
Honestly the Boys, Cobra Kai, and Tom Cruise are the only properties I have faith in right now.

Neither the Boys nor Cobra Kai has failed me so far and Cruise is releasing banger after banger right now. Im only worried that Cruise is looking into retirement because that Star is going to burn himself out. At least he can still do comedy too.

I will say I had one concern with the latest episode and its implications although it can be retconned.

Soldier Boy being Homelander's dad seemed a little off for me. It was established in earlier seasons that Supes were celebate, hence why Ryan's creation and birth was miraculous and why Ryan is a key person of interest to Vought as the first natural Supe. Although Homelander was probably a test tube baby with SB batter, he might be a more natural supe.

This could be retconned with the fact that SB used an earlier prototype of V to get his powers, retaining his ability to reproduce (kind of like the Captain America super serum being the best and not being able to be recreated). Although V-compound individuals lose their ability to reproduce, Homelander as a "natural supe" therefore retains his ability as does Ryan. Could also mean that Homelander being hit with SB's radiation blast might not remove his powers as they are innate to him vs the others powered by compound V which the radiation "burns out" to remove their powers.

Also surprised that Black Noir was so weak, or more that Solider Boy was so strong. Soldier Boy is weaker than Homelander based on episode 6 (and if the above theory is true, his radiation powers wont change that) but pre-buffed Soldier Boy was still able to solo his team, them basically requiring prep and a surprise attack to subdue him. Kind of shows how strong Homelander is in context

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back