The Boys (Amazon Prime Video)

Indeed it is - I believe they just started shooting.

Also, Amazon greenlit a spin-off series that is apparently set in a "superhero college." Not sure what to think about that.

I saw the spin-off synopsis and I have no idea what demographic they’re trying to engage.

as much as i have a dislike for the Deep (great actor, he makes me want to punch his character like nobody's business), but I felt so bad for him in that moment. the note was a nice touch, dont think i will go to any family dinners any time soon

as much as i have a dislike for the Deep (great actor, he makes me want to punch his character like nobody's business), but I felt so bad for him in that moment. the note was a nice touch, dont think i will go to any family dinners any time soon
ditto

I normally love seeing the Deep squirm and get his just desert, but that definitely crossed the line of any torture I would wish on anyone

Although the fact hat he did not stand up for his "friend" and simply refuse speaks volumes to his pathetic character

He definitely is every aquaman joke come to life was well

I think I need therapy after Soldier Boy singing

1654909813580.gif

ditto

I normally love seeing the Deep squirm and get his just desert, but that definitely crossed the line of any torture I would wish on anyone

Although the fact hat he did not stand up for his "friend" and simply refuse speaks volumes to his pathetic character

He definitely is every aquaman joke come to life was well
The Deep is highly likely to be the weakest of the seven. He seems to have some additional strength beyond the normal man but doesnt seem to do much training and his strength lies in being in the water. He is definitely the joke character and the rest of the team know it. Yeah, the actor is great and amazing change after seeing him in Gossip Girl. He is great in the role and this helped break his mold imo.

Yeah, the Boys is one of my favorite shows on tv right now alongside Cobra Kai. Its perfect for our modern age where we are so inundated with super heroes in our media. Love the pot shots and social commentary on corporatism.

The Deep is highly likely to be the weakest of the seven. He seems to have some additional strength beyond the normal man but doesnt seem to do much training and his strength lies in being in the water. He is definitely the joke character and the rest of the team know it. Yeah, the actor is great and amazing change after seeing him in Gossip Girl. He is great in the role and this helped break his mold imo.

Yeah, the Boys is one of my favorite shows on tv right now alongside Cobra Kai. Its perfect for our modern age where we are so inundated with super heroes in our media. Love the pot shots and social commentary on corporatism.
I think A Train runs a close second. That commercial, really disappointed in him. At least he got a gill punch in. (Edit, pun not intended)

I think A Train runs a close second. That commercial, really disappointed in him. At least he got a gill punch in. (Edit, pun not intended)
True. There is no clear tier list but I have a feeling the ordering is.

Best: Homelander, Black Noir, Stormfront (maybe)
Upper: Queen Maeve.
Middle: Starlight, Lamplighter, translucent
Low: A-train, the Deep.

I do get the feeling that A-train is going to be redeemed/become a good guy at the end of his character arc but right now, he is a clueless hack trying to be popular again given that his career is essentially over. I loved that commercial for how tone-deaf it was, reflecting how tone deaf the Pepsi commercial was as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back