The Book of Boba Fett

I think it could go back to what was mentioned a while back. The whole thing feels rushed and some ideas and concepts weren't given a chance to percolate and mature. One gets a feeling this thing is halfbaked and pacing is certainly spastic too. If the contract negotiation drama rumors with Pedro are accurate, it could lead credence to the theory that this show was slapped together in quick time as a potential substitute to The Mandalorian if negotiations went sideways and season 3 got scrapped.
completely agree buddy

One thing I miss in TBOBF that was present in The Mandalorian is strong supporting characters. We have Madam Garsa but not much else. I’m not looking for big cameos (Ahsoka) but the list in Mando is pretty extensive- Kuiil, Cobb Vanth, Peli Motto, The Armorer, Migs, heck even Mythrol. We haven’t really seen anyone make a real substantial impression at this point. I know Trejo and the twins might, but nothing so far.

What a bunch of nerds.

WetFarawayDolphin-max-1mb.gif

Exactly. It's like Mando people are gone and somehow Kathleen took over.

Gosh diddily darn it I am upset.

I am going to speak to my Pastor about my bad language.
I have a hard time understanding if something is or isn't sarcasm via text, so forgive me if I misunderstand. Since when did Kathy have more involvement in fett than mando? She has the same role to fill. No offense, but anytime people bring up their misgivings with a show like Boba, they instantly scapegoat Kathy. But if for some reason something is really good like Mando, Kathy is not much involved?! It's either really odd sarcasm or really strange double standards. Like, I'm not trying to ensue a whole argument, I'm just trying to understand the logic by comments like these. That's all,

The more I think about it, I believe the issue is that Disney chose to embrace a new character—the Mandalorian—as the bad-@ss Mandalorian-armored bounty hunter who is in his prime and who (almost) never takes his helmet off. He was essentially standing in for Boba.

Then Disney actually decided to make a Boba Fett show, and realized they can't essentially have two Bobas. So it was either a) NOT do a BF show, or b) choose to portray BF as a character that—for whatever reasons—has changed somewhat from the character we've come to know.

The more I see of TBOBF, the more it seems like the choice was to portray him as an older, battle-worn, and world-weary version of the character, like 55-year-old Batman/Bruce Wayne in Frank Miller's Dark Knight comic series. I personally don't mind this evolution of the character as long as the events portrayed allow us to make sense of it (which they mostly do), and the resulting stories based on this evolved character are still compelling and entertaining to watch (not so much—they need to step it up here IMHO).

The more I think about it, I believe the issue is that Disney chose to embrace a new character—the Mandalorian—as the bad-@ss Mandalorian-armored bounty hunter who is in his prime and who (almost) never takes his helmet off. He was essentially standing in for Boba.

Then Disney actually decided to make a Boba Fett show, and realized they can't essentially have two Bobas. So it was either a) NOT do a BF show, or b) choose to portray BF as a character that—for whatever reasons—has changed somewhat from the character we've come to know.

The more I see of TBOBF, the more it seems like the choice was to portray him as an older, battle-worn, and world-weary version of the character, like 55-year-old Batman/Bruce Wayne in Frank Miller's Dark Knight comic series. I personally don't mind this evolution of the character as long as the events portrayed allow us to make sense of it (which they mostly do), and the resulting stories based on this evolved character are still compelling and entertaining to watch (not so much—they need to step it up here IMHO).

Yeah that was brought up a while back and I agree. It seems Din Djarin was given much of Fett's traits and personality for The Mandalorian...but then they later decided to just go ahead and do a Fett show too. So they elected to go in a different direction with Fett, persumably to differentiate him from his own personality given to Djarin. While the Fett we've been given isn't necessarily the Fett we expected or wanted, I don't necessarily mind that he's changed during his ordeals as long as it is recognized what he once was and they don't try to claim this is the way he's always been. Fennec even laments that he's "grown soft" which to me implies he was indeed once the steely, badass Fett we're now missing and the show does recognize that at least. For me, the execution of all this has been the problem thus far. And he doesn't seem to be too wise to the workings of the criminal underworld to have been a part of it for so long.

Who thinks we’ll see the old bounty hunter crew show up?

I think there's a chance we may see some of them (most likely Bossk and perhaps Dengar), but not sure about the rest. Is IG-88 dead at this time in the new Disney canon? Not that death means much any more it would seem. Probably even less so for a droid. lol

It'd be neat to see Zuckuss and/or 4-LOM since they seem to get overlooked more than the others.

It'd be a helluva twist if after the finale, during the credits, we get a scene in Jabba's Palace with Fett on the throne. A silhouette appears and we see the familiar shape of a Mandalorian helmet and armor. Boba Fett asks "Who the hell are you?". The other figure replies "I am...Boba Fett" and steps forward in full TESB-style armor and flight suit, actually confirming the old fan theory that the RoTJ "Fett", the one that wound up in the sarlacc and the one we've been following all this time, was actually an imposter. Of course it's cheesy and won't happen, esp given the flashbacks to Kamino, etc. but it'd be an avenue for course correction. LOL!

Last edited:
Yeah that was brought up a while back and I agree. It seems Din Djarin was given much of Fett's traits and personality for The Mandalorian...but then they later decided to just go ahead and do a Fett show too. So they elected to go in a different direction with Fett, persumably to differentiate him from his own personality given to Djarin. While the Fett we've been given isn't necessarily the Fett we expected or wanted, I don't necessarily mind that he's changed during his ordeals as long as it is recognized what he once was and they don't try to claim this is the way he's always been. Fennec even laments that he's "grown soft" which to me implies he was indeed once the steely, badass Fett we're now missing and the show does recognize that at least. For me, the execution of all this has been the problem thus far. And he doesn't seem to be too wise to the workings of the criminal underworld to have been a part of it for so long.

I think there's a chance we may see some of them (most likely Bossk and perhaps Dengar), but not sure about the rest. Is IG-88 dead at this time in the new Disney canon? Not that death means much any more it would seem. Probably even less so for a droid. lol

It'd be neat to see Zuckuss and/or 4-LOM since they seem to get overlooked more than the others.

It'd be a helluva twist if after the finale, during the credits, we get a scene in Jabba's Palace with Fett on the throne. A silhouette appears and we see the familiar shape of a Mandalorian helmet and armor. Boba Fett asks "Who the hell are you?". The other figure replies "I am...Boba Fett" and steps forward in full TESB-style armor and flight suit, actually confirming the old fan theory that the RoTJ "Fett", the one that wound up in the sarlacc and the one we've been following all this time, was an actually imposter. Of course it's cheesy and won't happen, esp given the flashbacks to Kamino, etc. but it'd be an avenue for course correction. LOL!
I may get heat for this, but with fetts absence I think jodo cast could have worked well

There was a photo on bossk on the sailbarge, if we do see him then I guess he would have survived too

I would really like to see the whole
Gang there..

I think the question is, was Bossk canonically on the barge? By that I mean, I know there are set stills and deleted footage of him on it, but was he "officially" on it since we never actually see him on it in the movie? Both he and Dengar were in the palace as well but Dengar is the only one seen in the movie.

I still would've liked to have seen Jodo Kast reimagined as a new bounty hunter wanting Fett's tutelage, somewhat in the vein of Unforgiven. He eventually gets Fett's armor when he dies... or some variation of that.

Last edited:
The thing is, just because he's a bounty hunter doesn't mean that he knows much about the inner workings of the criminal underworld. Remember, as bounty hunter he's essentially a private contractor of the law enforcement world. Sure, he does work for criminals but I'm sure that he worked just as much for the Empire as well. Sure, working for crime bosses like Jabba would give him some familiarity with the criminal underworld, but he wouldn't be that involved with it since he would still be considered something of an outsider and not a regular part of Jabba's, or any other crime lord's regular crew, just his go to guy when he needs someone to catch or kill someone he wants caught or killed very, very bad.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back