The Book of Boba Fett

I thought I was gonna have a hard time accepting the N-1 starfighter but in my mind, I can accept that maybe Peli simply used her junker/spaceport contacts to source it from somewhere quite possibly beyond Tatooine. I mean, she does run a docking bay and knows her way around fixing ships so it at least seems plausible she probably has some far reaching contacts.

It seems Mando had commissioned her to find him a ship and so maybe she cast a wide net and that’s what she came up with, a rare and unusual ship that somehow left Royal Naboo auspices…but also a total, decomissioned basketcase.

I don’t see these being contracted out or being used beyond the Naboo royalty and even upon decommissioning, probably done so by the Naboo themselves. However, maybe somehow one fell through the cracks or was otherwise obtained through unique circumstances.

Was never a fan of those prequel ships....however, this was done awesomely. My only issue is the bubble on the droid compartment for a passenger makes it look dorky.

My question, though, would be how do you capture bounties and store guns, etc, on something like that.

So this sounds goofy but…

…how likely do you guys think it is that Grogu will wind up with the darksaber at some point? I couldn’t imagine he’d kill Din for it but perhaps someone else*? I think Grogu is going to struggle between his training and his attachment to Din and perhaps Mandalorians more generally. I think we can assume Grogu will return to Din, quite possibly pretty soon. Surely Din doesn’t kidnap him so maybe he voluntarily departs from Luke?

Din might already be dead by the time Grogu would be in a position to wield the saber and rule but by the end, is it possible we will see a flashfoward with Grogu as a Mandalorian Jedi?

*perhaps instigating a tale where an older Grogu avenges Din’s death? Not very Jedi-like, admittedly…
I'd think that'd likely be the case with Din dying of old age. Grogu's 50 and barely a toddler. 50 more years and he's what? 6 to us?

DDFCDC95-37E7-4361-82A8-4185E461346B.jpeg

You know it's sad when the fans are more excited for a cameo by Fett's spin off creation than Fett himself. This is like the Hobbit trilogy all over again, except old Bilbo is written pathetically.

Was never a fan of those prequel ships....however, this was done awesomely. My only issue is the bubble on the droid compartment for a passenger makes it look dorky.

My question, though, would be how do you capture bounties and store guns, etc, on something like that.
Yeah the practicality of it has def been the topic of much conversation. My suspicion is he throws his lot in with a group/person that has a bigger ship with a hangar. Maybe Bo-Katan and Gideon’s former cruiser? Or he later gets a bigger ship himself. The bubble is a little goofy looking but I’m sure we’ll be seeing Grogu’s head inside it soon enough. I’m also assuming they must have radically reworked it to not require an astromech. I’d think that’d be a big undertaking.

5 minutes in and my thought was 'it's not a good sign when the best episode of TBOBF is basically S3E0 of the Mandalorian'. I mean, it wasn't even remotely close.
Agreed. It was a terrible episode of BoBF but an outstanding episode of The Mandalorian. It was such an odd choice to dedicate an entire 50min episode to someone that’s not Boba Fett in Boba Fett’s own series, especially given what a premium time already is. The show had already been spinning its wheels and now we’ve basically wasted an episode; now only have two left. I already think the finale could be lackluster…because honestly who cares? I’m sure Fett will have some cool moments and he will defeat the Pykes! Yay, I guess? Oh look, Crimson Dawn and Qira just showed up. That’s neat…I guess? Oh great, they somehow shoehorned Han into this. The stakes just haven’t been compelling thus far.

I would gladly like to be proven wrong though. I want the final two episodes to be as good as this latest Mando episode. I am struggling to see it at this point though.

And that’s not to mention that it sure sounds like Mando is gonna go grab Grogu. So will time be dedicated in this show to do that as well? I’m guessing so?

Last edited:
Agreed. It was a terrible episode of BoBF but an outstanding episode of The Mandalorian. It was such an odd choice to dedicate an entire 50min episode to someone that’s not Boba Fett in Boba Fett’s own series, especially given what a premium time already is. The show had already been spinning its wheels and now we’ve basically wasted an episode and now only have two left. I already think the finale could be lackluster…because honestly who cares? I’m sure Fett will have some cool moments and he will defeat the Pykes! Yay, I guess. Oh look, Crimson Dawn and Qira just showed up. That’s neat…I guess? The stakes just haven’t been compelling thus far.

I would gladly like to be proven wrong though.
Such a different level of tension and drama in the last episode versus the literal “meh” so far regarding Boba. The rest of series hasn’t been nearly as enthralling and how do you resolve all these plot lines with such little time left?

Such a different level of tension and drama in the last episode versus the literal “meh” so far regarding Boba. The rest of series hasn’t been nearly as enthralling and how do you resolve all these plot lines with such little time left?

Not sure. I could see them leaning heavily on cameos and familiar faces. Classic bounty hunters, maybe Han, maybe Luke (if Din does go get Grogu), Qira, etc.

I think the show could end on something of a cliffhanger with the Pykes getting defeated by Fett’s “dirty dozen”…and his rancor-riding prowess of course…but at the end you have something said along the lines of “the war has only begun” and there’s some reference to Crimson Dawn and Qira. Perhaps Emilia Clarke will have a brief cameo.

My problem is, I just don’t care about either of them. I didn’t particularly care for Solo (though I didn’t hate it) but Crimson Dawn just doesn’t do anything for me.

If they wanted to draw from something more out of left field, they could introduce Omega. Again, I don’t care about her and think it’s dumb she exists at all. Very convenient there’s another unaltered Jango clone that had never been mentioned before. But whatever. She exists now and I’m sure she’ll pop up again at some point.

Sorry, it goes like this- the Mayor never shows up again, Baby Rancor turns out to be an adorable pet, the Pykes are quickly defeated by a band of bounty hunters gathered offscreen and Madam Garsa stays put. Krrsantan mostly just sneers and Fennec glares at everyone. No time for plot twists or double crosses. Thank you, that’s a wrap! (I do know something unexpected will happen but probably last minute and a setup for next season. Maybe who shot JR (Boba), who will come back from the dead again but this time with modified parts or jewels per NakedMoleRat?)

Sorry, it goes like this- the Mayor never shows up again, Baby Rancor turns out to be an adorable pet, the Pykes are quickly defeated by a band of bounty hunters gathered offscreen and Madam Garsa stays put. Krrsantan mostly just sneers and Fennec glares at everyone. No time for plot twists or double crosses. Thank you, that’s a wrap! (I do know something unexpected will happen but probably last minute and a setup for next season. Maybe who shot JR (Boba), who will come back from the dead again but this time with modified parts or jewels per NakedMoleRat?)
The pessimistic part of me thinks this is entirely plausible as well. Haha!

For those of you who can't get enough Mandalorian in your life. 75328: The Mandalorian Helmet
I had resisted buying a Mando helmet for the first two seasons- "I don't need another helmet, just going to focus on OT stuff right now..." Then my wife and I are sitting there on Wednesday, drinking a beer and watching the episode, thinking "This is amazing!". Annnd the Black Series helmet will be at my front door tomorrow- darn lack of willpower...

Yeah, I’ve been mulling picking up a Mando helmet myself for a while now. I’d prefer a lineage offering but eFX and Anovos (or whatever the new company is) don’t offer screen accurate alumaluster paintups. Not sure what the best fan offerings are. I’ve heard Bobamaker’s and Nomad’s are good but I’ve not seen a ton of pics.

Yeah, I’ve been mulling picking up a Mando helmet myself for a while now. I’d prefer a lineage offering but eFX and Anovos (or whatever the new company is) don’t offer screen accurate alumaluster paintups. Not sure what the best fan offerings are. I’ve heard Bobamaker’s and Nomad’s are good but I’ve not seen a ton of pics.
Yes, I was following eFX Mandalorian Helmet Season 2 thread and so many people were disappointed with the dark coloring that I was scared off as well. A lot more enthusiasm for the Bobamaker helmet though. I just don't have much familiarity with that maker.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back