The Book of Boba Fett

According to Wookiepedia (yes, I know), Max, Sy and Droopy all survived the sail barge explosion. Unfortunately, Droopy wandered off into the Tatooine desert and was never heard from again. Sy became a spice addict (darn spice!) and did not reclaim her past fame. Max played for the Rebel Alliance before going to Madam Garsa’s.
Geez! Disney seriously needs to give us a Max Rebo Band biopic. I bet it’d be disturbing and eye-opening…

Although I admit this all arguably started with Fett surviving the sarlacc in the EU all those years ago, and then George bringing Maul back under even more ridiculous circumstances…and the cycle continues. I genuinely am expecting Mace Windu to pop up again, one of these days…
Isnt that a strong possibility...prolly in Obiwan.

Death has no meaning in these stories anymore which makes it really hard to care at all.

Well, the TV Star Wars stories are really just becoming a phenomena that is light on story and heavy on “Easter Eggs” and “Nostalgia Nuggets”.

And….this is the formula they have landed on as it seems to please a size-able portion of the fan-base.

The most beloved things about both TBOBF and The Mandalorian seem to begin with the statement “….it was so awesome to see [insert OT / PT character, prop, set piece, filming location, vehicle] again! I gushed! I wept!

Case in point regarding the most beloved thing from The Mandalorian…

0AC552AB-B821-42A1-A3C1-A0CFF935115B.jpeg

9EE6DE94-F518-4E74-8F17-98A3DF68CEC8.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, the TV Star Wars stories are really just becoming a phenomena that is light on story and heavy on “Easter Eggs” and “Nostalgia Nuggets”.

And….this is the formula they have landed on as it seems to please a size-able portion of the fan-base, it seems.

The most beloved things about both TBOBF and The Mandalorian seem to begin with the statement “….it was so awesome to see [insert OT / PT character, prop, set piece, filming location, vehicle] again! I gushed! I wept!

Case in point regarding the move beloved thing from The Mandalorian…

View attachment 1537323

View attachment 1537324
I don’t mind nostalgia nuggets and rememberberries if they make sense in the context of what’s going on. I do agree they don’t need to lean so heavily on them though. Luke Skywalker in BoBF? Eh, no thanks but I thought it worked in The Mandalorian. Just stumbling across Bo-Katan was a bit much though.

I don’t mind nostalgia nuggets and rememberberries if it makes sense in the context of what’s going on. Luke Skywalker in BoBF? Eh no thanks but I thought it worked in The Mandalorian. Just stumbling across Bo-Katan was a bit much though.

And, yet, in this very thread people were commenting on how much they would love to see Han Solo pop-up, just like Luke, in TBOBF…

Fans are really a cause of why we see the same improbable characters and plots popping up over, and over, and over again in the Star Wars galaxy.

Fandom subsists solely on a steady diet of “Nostalgia Nuggets”, as far as Disney believes. “Just give us more of the same…”

I am certain we will see Darth Maul pop-up in the Kenobi series, as well as “You’ll Be Dead Guy”, and maybe Mace Windu (with a mechanical hand and heavy back brace), and perhaps even Jar Jar…

Didn’t I hear that Vader is slated to show-up; despite the dialogue in ANH indicating that their duel on the Death Star was the first time they had seen each other since Vader was “…but a learner”?

Last edited:
The thing is, just because he's a bounty hunter doesn't mean that he knows much about the inner workings of the criminal underworld. Remember, as bounty hunter he's essentially a private contractor of the law enforcement world. Sure, he does work for criminals but I'm sure that he worked just as much for the Empire as well. Sure, working for crime bosses like Jabba would give him some familiarity with the criminal underworld, but he wouldn't be that involved with it since he would still be considered something of an outsider and not a regular part of Jabba's, or any other crime lord's regular crew, just his go to guy when he needs someone to catch or kill someone he wants caught or killed very, very bad.
My impression was he is a regular part of Jabba’s crew though. Granted it’s the SE, but he is with Jabba’s entourage in Docking Bay 94. And there must be a reason he’s just hanging out in the palace a year after delivering Han. Regardless, being a part of the underworld for 20+ years, I would’ve expected him to know more than what he seems to, just from osmosis. He almost comes across as naive.

Last edited:
And, yet, in this very thread people were commenting on how much they would love to see Han Solo pop-up, just like Luke, in TBOBF…

Fans are really a cause of why we see the same improbable characters and plots popping up over, and over, and over again in the Star Wars galaxy.

Fandom subsists solely on a steady diet of “Nostalgia Nuggets”, as far as Disney believes.
I remember there being discussion about it but didn’t recall people were pushing for it. It’s been some time ago though. In this context, Solo at least makes more sense than Luke although right now, I agree I don’t see how it wouldn’t feel forced and arbitrary.

EDIT: And you’re correct about Vader. I’m not on board with that myself.

Last edited:
You haven’t heard? D+ green-lit a 5 issues miniseries on “The Max Rebo Project” A ‘getting the band back together’ documentary.
I don’t know, man, Sy looks pretty rough these days. Her voice isn’t the same and it’s weird seeing her on stage with supplemental oxygen. She’s doing it because she needs the money pretty bad.

Last edited:
I don’t mind nostalgia nuggets and rememberberries if they make sense in the context of what’s going on. I do agree they don’t need to lean so heavily on them though. Luke Skywalker in BoBF? Eh, no thanks but I thought it worked in The Mandalorian. Just stumbling across Bo-Katan was a bit much though.

…of course, when Disney Star Wars has tried to create something “new” it has been nothing but embarrassing blunders and misfires.

76CEEB9D-AC25-4542-A086-16CCD199FBA9.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back