The Big Lebowski Costume Thread

Hi dudes !
Anybody in the need of a Westerley Sweater ? I have a spare Xl for sale. XL its too big for me.. so i ordered a L- ill put it on the junkyard tomorrow..
IMG_3274.jpg
IMG_3275.jpg
IMG_3276.jpg
IMG_3277.jpg

cheers

Last edited:
Long time lurker of this thread. Figured it was time to throw my hat into the ring. Just picked up a pair of jellies, some dude pants and a purple v-neck tee. (I've had the Pendleton for a while). Here are a couple pics of my ensemble next to the screen used. I have a few more items coming in the mail. I'll don it all myself soon, once I grow my hair out a bit more. Good to be here dudes :cool:

YwO2UOK.jpg

exw3Lql.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up some Otomix shoes. Couldn't get the old ones of course, but I made some quick mods to the new ones to get them looking more like the screen used . . .

stock:
Wtg0cAI.jpg

First I pulled out some stitches and re-cut the black shapes so they looked more like the original ones.
EEMxwm2.jpg

Then I colored in the remaining stitches and logo with a sharpie.
9kuxuZt.jpg

Then I filled in the original stitch holes with some white sculpey clay.
h1aHMmf.jpg

Then re-glued them back down with e-6000.
Sk7AACT.jpg

OCNqdUr.jpg

I might go back in with some flat black paint to cover the logos a little better.
pHtMY2Z.jpg

I think they turned out pretty decent (y)

1gJ4MFC.jpg

Well, I hated to do it but I had to file a PayPal complaint on Lebowskifest.com After 17 days I heard nothing from them after ordering. After multiple emails they were all returned. I tried talking to them on their active facebook pages and no response.

Oh well. Thank god for PayPal.

Wow!! I've been looking for a green hoodie that I could distress but so far they were all the wrong color. That looks spot on!

I'm really interested in the fit overall. right now I'm between a medium to large. I'm worried if I get a large it still won't have "The Dude" look. I'm going to chance ordering an XL

Notice how far the shoulders drop on The Dude's green hoodie? It's as if he's wearing almost to 2 sizes larger than he normally wears. Or is it just how the hoodie was designed? In the other picture if looks almost a normal to a bit larger size just with really dropped shoulder seams. Hmm, it oe gather around his lower forearms as if it's too big for him.

pjTfVnP.jpg
IYhg2UW.jpg

Last edited:
The Dude seems to like his clothes loose and baggy, so if that's the look you're going for I'd go up one size larger than you'd normally wear; I personally think two sizes would be a bit much.

The color is a tricky matter, and with the variables involved in photographing textiles and computer monitor settings even something that looks right on your screen may look completely different in person. Also, I've viewed a number of stills of Bridges wearing that sweatshirt and the color ranged from a somewhat faded light green to a shade slightly lighter than olive drab. o_O I'll be very interested in hearing Gr8ful Deadhead's opinions when he receives his, and hope he'll post a photo or two for comparison. Regardless, it looks like a nice sweatshirt at a fair price and I might get one myself. Uh, I'm just gonna' go find a cash machine...

Well, I hated to do it but I had to file a PayPal complaint on Lebowskifest.com After 17 days I heard nothing from them after ordering. After multiple emails they were all returned. I tried talking to them on their active facebook pages and no response.

Oh well. Thank god for PayPal.

Oh man, i'm sorry to hear that since i was the one that recommended them. :/

I had mine in less than 2 weeks after ordering them last year. I wasn't aware of any management changes, but hopefully it all gets worked out in the end. They've been posting often on Instagram about the upcoming Lebowskifest in L.A. for 4/19 and (of course) 4/20, so i wonder if it's just the online store management that is in the middle of some turbulence...

That's odd that you received yours so fast. I have no idea. All emails were returned. I tried reaching out on social media as well because , as you said, it's active daily. But no response. So far, the only thing that gives me hope is the posting about new management. But my PayPal complaint hasn't moved forward or been resolved so I'm not sure what could be going on either. But yeah, I'd much rather receive the jellies instead of not so we shall see.

...I have another that's a lighter brown. Might be able to dye it a bit darker with enough heat.
Unless you're planning to use a cold water dye, you should check to see if there's a label on the robe that says what it's made from. If it's cotton, wool, or linen, odds are a hot water dye will shrink it.

Unless you're planning to use a cold water dye, you should check to see if there's a label on the robe that says what it's made from. If it's cotton, wool, or linen, odds are a hot water dye will shrink it.
It's actually 100% polyester. I just want it to go a little darker, so I might try some Rit DyeMore.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back