The Batman costume research and found parts ID

Actually I think I found a more accurate base for the thigh holster!
and that is the

CCW Tactical Leg Holster Wrap Around Thigh Design for Men and Women with Fully Adjustable and Removable Belt Hanger Strap, Black​

as you can tell it even has the correct striped pattern on the straps that go around the leg. For the film the definitely replaced the buckles on the leg straps though.

This thread had been a godsend, thank you all for your hard work. Im getting pretty close to being done with my suit. Im down to the boots and the cape. Has anybody managed to teach down the spats he wears over the boots? I've looked everywhere and I'm starting to think they're custom. If they are custom, does anybody know of anyone that knows how to make custom spats? LOL

Attachments

• IMG_5541.jpg
    IMG_5541.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 881
This thread had been a godsend, thank you all for your hard work. Im getting pretty close to being done with my suit. Im down to the boots and the cape. Has anybody managed to teach down the spats he wears over the boots? I've looked everywhere and I'm starting to think they're custom. If they are custom, does anybody know of anyone that knows how to make custom spats? LOL
DUDE! That looks sharp! The spats are indeed custom I believe, I’m gonna start soon trying to make some out of pleather? I’ll let you know how that goes.

It seem like he has a quick draw grapple gun on his gauntlet as well as the grapple gun he holsters on his leg.

Attachments

• FHo409WWYAcgfI5.jpg
    FHo409WWYAcgfI5.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 414
  • FHo41SwWQAQUOh7.jpg
    FHo41SwWQAQUOh7.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 395
  • EuWTAu9.jpg
    EuWTAu9.jpg
    605.2 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
Pretty sure the boots are a match. However, I just found these and I'd prefer them. What do you guys think?

5d00b62bffe48e61808b4713.jpg

The buckles on his arm appear to be a magnetic helmet buckle, the closest I found is the Fidlock Hook 25 Magnetic Buckle on Etsy, although the red nylon webbing is swapped out for yellow. This could also be what's on the outside of his knees, but I can't find a clear enough pic to confirm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220223-083644_Etsy.jpg
    Screenshot_20220223-083644_Etsy.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 518
  • Screenshot_20220223-084126_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220223-084126_Gallery.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 453
  • Screenshot_20220222-193153_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220222-193153_Instagram.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 456
The buckles on his arm appear to be a magnetic helmet buckle, the closest I found is the Fidlock Hook 25 Magnetic Buckle on Etsy, although the red nylon webbing is swapped out for yellow. This could also be what's on the outside of his knees, but I can't find a clear enough pic to confirm.
good catch. Fidlock's stuff is great. so many applications. Used on the new shazam suits too for the capes.

Good finds, folks! I'll update with the new boots and buckles right away

There's a 360 turnaround video of the costume from some russian oreo VR batcave experience. Not a lot of finer details can be seen with the resolution, but it does give a new look at the back of the belt and just a nice overview of the whole suit

Posted some pics I just took in Philly. Not the greatest but they might help: --Ed

Any and all reference pics are appreciated

Another minor find for tonight: after staring at some display pics I eventually deciphered enough text to find that the ring on the front of the belt is a Makefast 50mm Triangle with Nylon Bar

xtyldlqmj6k81_1.jpg

0141B_STAINLESS_TRIANGLE_WITH_NYLON_BAR.jpg

Great thread. Following in hopes that the chest bat symbol pieces get identified. So far I have this:

The Extrema MF1 knife. I believe that they used at least two sections of this knife on the hero prop:

The knife can be found here:

Extrema Ratio MF1 military knife

Cheap knockoff here:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/extrema-ratio-mf1-tactical-self-defense-folding/508212147.html

On a bit of a kick here (as you may be able to tell :p) and I ran across some great gauntlet pics from Good Morning America

FMURmt1VIAIUi1U?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

FMURm2fVIAA-oXr?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Seeing that gadget along the side, my mind immediately went to the knife that ssdesigner posted at the start of this thread. After looking through other Extrema Ratio knives, I believe it's based on the handle of a RAO or RAO 2 with a clip like the one on an MF2. There are some differences, so it may well have just been a design reference or it may have been a kit bash that was modified and cast, but either way I figured this would be some helpful reference

rao-military-folding-knife-extrema-ratio.jpg

rao-2-military-folding-knife-extrema-ratio.jpg

-ratio-mf2-ordinanza-col-moschin-er133mf2colmos-d2.jpg

Loving this thread so far. Anyone able to id Pattinson's motorcycle helmet? Or any other parts of his Drifter outfit? Any info appreciated.
Still trying to find good stills from rewatching the movie myself for a better close up of the helmets face vents. I believe he wears his Australian military boots as well in drifter clothes maybe to swap to his costume faster. Closest helmet I’ve found is something like this Helmet.

Here's an interesting thing about the basketweave belt that you can see thanks to ed-209's photos: the design of the basketweave changes slightly from the left of the buckle to the right of the buckle:

Batman in Philly (17.jpegBatman in Philly (16).jpegBatman in Philly (13).jpeg
Batman in Philly (17.pngBatman in Philly (13).png

Here's some belts I found that are close to the pattern on our left:

"Aker Leather B01 Sam Browne Leather-Lined Duty Belt, 2-1/4" Width , Black , 48"":

41V-kgNy0oL._AC_.jpgA1SP1rJ9jSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Aker Leather B03 Sam Browne Duty Belt (1 and 2):

613qOJ4Ki1L._AC_UX679_.jpg519Vwp2K8zL._AC_UX679_.jpg

"Ryno Gear Basketweave 2¼" Duty Belt with Chrome Buckle":

81SArOkVY9L._AC_UX679_.jpg

And for the pattern on our right I found these:

"Hoseman Basketweave Leather Duty Belt":

50253_Basketweave.jpeg50253_Basketweave_CU.jpeg

"Safariland 146 Border Patrol Style Duty Belt, Black, Basketweave for 36-Inch Waist":

51cV3l7U7eL._AC_UX679_.jpg

Another odd detail is that a part of his gauntlet is designed to mimic the side of a Glock pistol, complete with the serial number 175751GD:

Batman in Philly (19).jpegBatman in Philly (18).jpeg

Here's a comparison of the gauntlet to the area around the ejection port and extractor on a real Glock:

combine_images (18).png

They even have it mirrored on the opposite gauntlet, even though I don't think they make Glocks that eject on the left:

Batman in Philly (20).jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back