The 89 MattMobile Build Thread.

That was uncalled for.

HAHAHA well you sure stuck it to me good by waiting A YEAR to get your revenge by writing nasty comments on my youtube video. lol. Very clever "turning the tables" on me by calling me a troll on youtube. And then following up with a thinly veiled threat. I can see why you decided to do that on youtube rather than the RPF, as you would probably be banned for it, or at least issued an infraction point. CLASS ACT, Bro.

I filmed a new episode of Rise of The Mattmobile today, though it's really just a lot of me talking about the journey. Not a lot to show, but there's also A LOT I'm not telling. There's a lot of stuff going on in the background, behind the scenes, that I'm not going to reveal yet. Some of it good, some of it bad. I will try to get it posted sometime in the next few days.

Thank you to EVERYONE who continues to support this project and show interest in it. It is greatly appreciated.

A little off topic, but I think for my next Rise of the Mattmobile videos I'm going to do a debunk video where I talk about the myth that the 89 car had it's fenders shaved off prior to shipping to the US, which is why every batmobile replica has the inaccurate thinner hind quarters.

If anyone reading this has any "proof" for or against this claim, please let me know. I've already gathered all the research I need to make my case, but I'm curious if there's anything anyone else might have. Hit me with your best intel!

NOT every replica has the thinner flattened (you forgot to mention twisted in)rear quarters, mine doesnt, Hans in Europe doesnt. All gotham crusiers, Sher mobiles, shatnodes, most Ohrberg copies do. At least you have my trunklid for accuracy.
my-89ext.jpg

Attachments

• paulovesmemore.jpg
    paulovesmemore.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 806
Last edited:
At the request of a potential buyer, I put together a brief video showing what the engine compartment internals look like on my SECOND batmobile. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Also some good shots of the inside of my workshop, if you're curious.

Hey Gang!

LOADS of progress on the side mechs, which have proven really time consuming and super annoying. I do NOT like post-processing 3d printed parts. In fact it may be my least favorite thing in life.

I have been making lots of updates over at my builds facebook page, "Rise of The MattMobile." If you want to stay current, please go there and check it out, and be sure to like/follow/subscribe to the page and all that stuff. It's just super easy to update that page via my phone, vs the RPF.

Here's a link!

At this time, all of the side mech 3d printed parts are all cleaned, more than half of them are molded. There's two pieces that were small and really detailed so I shipped those off to shapeways, and they should be arriving within a week. So right now I am in the final push to mold everything and then it will be a simple matter of casting a set up, and that will be that.

Side_Mech_glued.jpg

After a few days jam packed with work and fiberglass, I am finished with the molds for the parts of the air valve. this was a very complicated process, which took a lot of thought and a lot of effort. I am hoping the end results will be worth it. With any luck I will have a pull out of these molds by tomorrow.

Please check out my facebook page for the build, as there are a ton of pics there and lots of details in the write ups. Progress!!!

side mech molds.jpg

Tons of progress this week on the side mechs. My two molds are producing beautiful parts for the main air valve, and I made some mods to my donut mold and pieces are coming out cleaner than ever. I have also had some breakthroughs on my roto-casting techniques, and I swear some of these parts are almost looking like they're injection molded.

donut.jpg

valve.jpg

I have been posting a TON of pictures and informative information (like techniques, materials, etc) on the facebook page for the MattMobile. I hate to say it but it's just so much easier to update facebook from my phone than the RPF. And that way I can post in one place rather than have to go to different forums and repost all the same stuff. SO, if you are not there already, please check out the FB page for "Rise of The MattMobile"!!!

Rise Of The MattMobile

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back