TFA Stormtrooper Bucket & Armor...Old School Sculpting: Snowie P.8

Re: TFA Stormtrooper Bucket & Armor...Old School Sculpting: FINISHED P.3

Thanks all!

Now that the CRL for the First Order Stormtrooper has been released by the 501st, some minor details have come to light that i didn't see at first. Most of these can be incorporated, done when you build the suit, but i had to modify a few parts and make new molds to get everything 501st approvable.

Not sure if this will be of interest to some of the 'purest', but I found a hexagonal mesh material which is foam backed.
Being material - it is very flexible & the foam backing allows for some ventilation, but is dense enough that you can't see throuh it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121755549824?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It may not be exactly scene accurate, but it does have it' plus points.

As soon as I get my helmet from Jim I'll see how good it looks & post a pic.

Not sure if this will be of interest to some of the 'purest', but I found a hexagonal mesh material which is foam backed.
Being material - it is very flexible & the foam backing allows for some ventilation, but is dense enough that you can't see throuh it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121755549824?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It may not be exactly scene accurate, but it does have it' plus points.

As soon as I get my helmet from Jim I'll see how good it looks & post a pic.

I've included some optional hexagonal mesh with the helmet that i sent you. You just need to cut to fit, paint, install, then cover the inside with black stocking material. Ventilation is excellent and so is hearing and talking. You can even see through it a bit from the inside (totally opaque from the outside).

Oh my God, what an amazing work have you done from 0. Great build, for me that's impossible, but you made it look easy. I need one!! Also Count Dooku's head is awesome.
Outstanding!!!

TK/TD/CC-12358 is impressed!!!! I hope to see you pulling these in the future you have done an AMAZING JOB and i would love a set! Hope to see updates! Keep up the good work!

Thanks!
I've since made some new parts to conform to the CRL better: new handplates, butt plate, shins, and soft pouch cover plate. I'm still searching for more correct soft pouches before submitting for approval. For the longer pouch, i was thinking maybe a single stack M14 mag pouch or maybe a radio pouch.

Update: FOTK Helmet ver 2.0: revised the chin, lower profile latches, reinforced neckring / return edge as per your feedback. Thanks!

I didn't think it could get any better, and then helmet version 2! I hope I can get my hands on this nice suit of armor!

Pics of the updated armor... Phew. Fingers crossed....
jim%20fotk%20front%201_zpsxmanw6ga.jpg

jim%20fotk%20L%20side_zpsultmsbol.jpg

jim%20fotk%20back_zps3vuw6h4r.jpg

jim%20fotk%20R%20side_zpscgtahd5z.jpg

Jim%20fotk%20bucket%20off_zpsxam3qifo.jpg

jim%20fotk%20front%201_zpsxmanw6ga.jpg

jim%20fotk%20L%20side_zpsultmsbol.jpg

jim%20fotk%20back_zps3vuw6h4r.jpg

jim%20fotk%20R%20side_zpscgtahd5z.jpg

Jim%20fotk%20bucket%20off_zpsxam3qifo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I love how you sculpted the armor! I think if I had some sculpting classes under my belt I'd give it a go! I love your pic heavy process! Congrats it looks fantastic! Subscribed in case I want to take some pointers and tips :) Thank you!

I love how you sculpted the armor! I think if I had some sculpting classes under my belt I'd give it a go! I love your pic heavy process! Congrats it looks fantastic! Subscribed in case I want to take some pointers and tips :) Thank you!

Thanks! I never had any formal sculpting classes as well. Just watched a lot of youtube videos, bought some books and dived right into it. :)

hey! i'm also trying my hand on making a helmet but I'm not sure if I'm going to make the whole armour but anyway, do you have any tips on doing the detail? especially the lines. help a fellow pinoy out! hahaha

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back