TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

I don't think it really makes sense to make this type of distinction between stunt and hero here. There doesn't seem to be anything "stunt" about this prop. It's not resin or rubber. It's not fitted out for any fx purposes. It's not specially engineered for an action sequence. I think they just made a bunch of hero props that all have a little difference between each of them and with all the various location shots this film has, I wouldn't be surprised it a whole lot of different variations got used along the way.

I think it's really splitting hairs.

Hero vs Stunt

Promo vs Display

Screen Used vs Production Made

Close up beauty prop vs regular spare prop

Here's what we do know: the production team used 2 sabers for Finn to hold in promo photos- a real Graflex with really tall grips, and the bladed saber with the post on the endcap .

We do know that, based on history, the photos of Finn are the type of photos used for promotional gear, posters, action figure and toys, books, mixed media, newspapers and magazines, etc....

Is the saber in Finns jacket 'the' Hero prop? I don't know.

But none of the other props seen at Disney parks or other venues seem to be Hero versions, they are either made specifically for the display (space ship models), or stunt versions (Han cast blaster instead of Airsoft Mauser).

Based on all that, I have little faith that these Graflex sabers are anything other than production made or stunt copeis.

And that one saber in Finns jacket sure is different/special compared to all the other versions of the same saber.

Last edited:

Oh wow will definitely be watching that on December 15th!

Was that a 3D render of a parks?!

Well Spoiler alert I guess, but that light saber is going into Rey's hands as well...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 165

oh oh oh that looks amazing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know we can't stop reading the sentence fast enough after "spoiler alert" to not be spoiled right? :lol

Sorry, I didn't really think it was a spoiler. I could give some theories here, but I'm not surprised by that in the slightest.

While we're on the topic of movie speculation - in an early draft of Empire, there was a gem inside Anakin's saber that had the coordinates to Dagobagh. Since they've been heavily influenced by unused designs and ideas from the OT, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being used in the search for Luke and where he's hiding. This could also be why they're using the glass eye again. Maybe it is a gem, holding a gem, or is a projector lens.

Anyone wanna take a stab at guessing the width of the cutouts in the grips? They look smaller than the ESB cutouts. I'm guessing they're down a couple mm to 6mm, and starting higher up at 14mm.

This is the biggest thread I ever started.

Is anyone still in disbelief that this saber, this model, shows up again? It's been months and I STILL can't believe it.

I hope the reasoning (story-wise) is a good one...

That's really mean! Hoping your teasing!

It you look at the lower handle of his saber, there are parts that look like the MPP end cap and parts that sort of look like the grips (shaved down), like he used parts of Vaders saber to make his.

Yes, spoiler. There are those of us avoiding all of the things you mentioned.

I'm thinking about taking a week off from the internet. Whatever you guys are talking about, it must be on the previous page for me.

Facebook, of course, would post something in their "trending" section today that I would have preferred not to know until I see the movie. I'm betting it's the same thing being talked about a few posts back.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back