TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to estimate if there's enough demand to do a run for an accurate beer tab replica for owners of a Korbanth 2.0 Graflex who are unhappy with the beer tab that comes with it.
What do you say? It'll be made in stainless steel and the price $10 including shipping (as always).
Please share in other threads or point me to it please! Thanks.

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

though i dont own a 2.0 if wannawanga is making a new product i have to buy one for the collection! count me in for 1

Okay, 2 weeks spent reading through this post complete. Just thought I'd tell ya I appreciate you all doing all this researching!

My 2.0 should be here tomorrow - I'd probably be interested in a flat beer tab as well.

Cant wait for my Romans replica to turn into a TFA version, all the parts are already there :D

Last edited:
Hi everybody!

I'm trying to estimate if there's enough demand to do a run for an accurate beer tab replica for owners of a Korbanth 2.0 Graflex who are unhappy with the beer tab that comes with it.
What do you say? It'll be made in stainless steel and the price $10 including shipping (as always).

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

I would order several.

Thanks for sharing!
Was that beer tab you used a genuine vintage Graflex tab? I want to know for sure that a vintage tab will fit on a Graflex 2.0

Yea the beer tab was taken from a vintage Folmer I had converted into the Hero ESB. To me, the vintage adds a genuine feel and fits great. I did try pressing the 2.0 beer tab with a vice, but there was still a crease from where it was originally bent.

Yea the beer tab was taken from a vintage Folmer I had converted into the Hero ESB. To me, the vintage adds a genuine feel and fits great. I did try pressing the 2.0 beer tab with a vice, but there was still a crease from where it was originally bent.

Great to hear. Thanks!

Hi everybody!

Roy
www.wannawanga.com
You had me at "Hi". I'm in for one, for sure.

Hi everybody!

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

I'd be interested.

Hey guys,

Just a quick update of my ongoing experiments with a transparent, metalized clamp card. It's a bit tougher than I thought it would be, but the result is at least something. I'm not happy yet. My last copper batch was a bit messy, had scratches and some tiny holes. Now I have to eliminate different factors to see if and how I can improve upon this. I thought about maybe changing from copper to brass... Brass is a little less prone to scratches and dents, and I think it is also what was used by the TFA prop department, at least that is what was revealed in that one Cinefex article. A change to brass would also mean that I don't have to gold plate the whole thing, which in turn saves me a bunch of work and time. I would try to coat the final cards with one thin layer of polyurethane lacquer, to prevent brass oxidation. What do you think? :)

image1-5.JPG

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back