After Plasti-Dip dried (I completed at least 2 coats on everything using a total of about 5 spray cans) I began painting with a wide variety of spray paints.
The color that ended up being the most prominent was "Warm Caramel". I tried to use all darkest colors first, and then make way down the line towards khakis and tans.
Whever possible I used flat or matte paint. In some cases it wasn't an option to use flat or matte, but I often sprayed a very light dusting over satin finishes with a lighter color that was available in flat or matte.
Painting was my favorite step. It was A LOT of trial and error (plus, this is my second Groot build). However, I like the creative outlet of painting, and loving seeing the results change right before my eyes...
I'm attempting to update this build as best I can. I am unfortunately trying to do all updates using my phone over free airport wifi. So, I'm definitely facing some challenges. Stay tuned I have more updates to share
It seems to have retained most of the flexibility.
I don't really like the fold I am getting in the abdomen. I'm planning to turn the whole thing inside out, fill it with pillows, and then glue on some reinforcing foam to the inside. I may take this opportunity to create a pouch that can hold a cooling pack.