Teen Groot: Infinity War - WIP - Pic Heavy

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

BobbyFromBUF

IMG_20210701_122001.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

BobbyFromBUF

Once all the fleece was coated with liquid latex and allowed to dry for over 24 hours, I took the costume outside to coat everything with Plasti-Dip...
IMG_20210704_090909.jpg

IMG_20210704_093627.jpg

Last edited:

BobbyFromBUF

After Plasti-Dip dried (I completed at least 2 coats on everything using a total of about 5 spray cans) I began painting with a wide variety of spray paints.

The color that ended up being the most prominent was "Warm Caramel". I tried to use all darkest colors first, and then make way down the line towards khakis and tans.

Whever possible I used flat or matte paint. In some cases it wasn't an option to use flat or matte, but I often sprayed a very light dusting over satin finishes with a lighter color that was available in flat or matte.
IMG_20210707_162238.jpg

BobbyFromBUF

Painting was my favorite step. It was A LOT of trial and error (plus, this is my second Groot build). However, I like the creative outlet of painting, and loving seeing the results change right before my eyes...

BobbyFromBUF

I'm attempting to update this build as best I can. I am unfortunately trying to do all updates using my phone over free airport wifi. So, I'm definitely facing some challenges. Stay tuned I have more updates to share

Thanks for following along.

BobbyFromBUF

Where do you get your latex from? Does the felt stop some of the flexibility of the latex?
I just bought cheap-o latex from Amazon.
Screenshot_20210711-165350.png

It seems to have retained most of the flexibility.

I don't really like the fold I am getting in the abdomen. I'm planning to turn the whole thing inside out, fill it with pillows, and then glue on some reinforcing foam to the inside. I may take this opportunity to create a pouch that can hold a cooling pack.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.