Bad Batch - Looking for Crosshair belt buckle (physical or 3D model)

DracoAdamantus

I have a commission request for Crosshair's sidearm + holster, belt, and bandolier from The Bad Batch. The sidearm and holster I am looking at models for now, but the buckle is proving troublesome. Any 3D files I can find are as a part of a $100+ armor package, when all I need is the belt buckle & bandolier hardware.

Does anyone have a file for sale/share that I could use? Or know of a good real metal stand-in for the show's design?

I am not familiar with the character, my research showed me two different styles of buckle. do you have a reference photo of the one you are looking for?

I am not familiar with the character, my research showed me two different styles of buckle. do you have a reference photo of the one you are looking for?
There aren't many good shots from the show, but here is the design on a toy.
-series-bad-batch-crosshair-figure-review-wide-pic.jpg

There aren't many good shots from the show, but here is the design on a toy.
View attachment 1667659
I Just modeled it, and put it up on Thingiverse.
It is non functional, it is meant to be attached over an existing belt buckle. It is 4 inches wide, but of course can be scaled up or down.
Let me know if you need it to be modified. Hope it helps!

I Just modeled it, and put it up on Thingiverse.
It is non functional, it is meant to be attached over an existing belt buckle. It is 4 inches wide, but of course can be scaled up or down.
Let me know if you need it to be modified. Hope it helps!

Wow, you're amazing! Thanks! This should work nicely but I'll let you know if there's any trouble

This ad has a series of pictures of the character. It looks like the buckle (in this example) has an extra piece on the upper-right corner.
I can add that when I get off work and post both versions. Thanks.

This ad has a series of pictures of the character. It looks like the buckle (in this example) has an extra piece on the upper-right corner.
After looking at your photos, the extra piece appears to be the clip for a shoulder bandolier. I modeled two different versions for a total of three. the buckle by itself, the buckle with a static bandolier clip, and the buckle with a bandolier clip that can be made to swivel. for the swivel version a clothing snap would need to be epoxied in between the buckle and clip, this would allow unsnapping and swiveling. both clips have an opening to accept the bandolier strap.

After looking at your photos, the extra piece appears to be the clip for a shoulder bandolier. I modeled two different versions for a total of three. the buckle by itself, the buckle with a static bandolier clip, and the buckle with a bandolier clip that can be made to swivel. for the swivel version a clothing snap would need to be epoxied in between the buckle and clip, this would allow unsnapping and swiveling. both clips have an opening to accept the bandolier strap.
Looks like you're right! These are pictures of a toy model as well, so I don't know if that can be confirmed from the animated series. I'll see if I can find out. ;)

Okay, Clone Wars S7, E1 at 14:28 shows a great picture of Crosshair! Post #6 above of the toy IS accurate. (y)
Just note this is from their first appearance, so their uniforms have undergone a few changes since then, you might like one of the later designs, too.
Carry on!

You really are the best! You mentioned it is meant to go over an existing buckle, what shape/size of buckle would that normally be?

You really are the best! You mentioned it is meant to go over an existing buckle, what shape/size of buckle would that normally be?
At the scale it is now, the pocket will fit a buckle that is 1.5 inches tall and up to 4 inches wide. If it were me I would go with a flat plate style buckle, picture below. Then I would Velcro the printed buckle on, making for easy removal.

Attachments

• 6131sHa-88L._AC_UX679_.jpg
    6131sHa-88L._AC_UX679_.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 60

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back