Teaser: My new lightsaber "working" blade

that is truely awesome..

when you get round to it a comparisson on durability (hilt and blade) with a parks would be great to see-or at least typed.

and yet again- I WANT ONE..

To repeat.....awesome...awesome....awesome.... :thumbsup :thumbsup

God I love the way it flares out to the tip at almost just the right speed and comes back when it is turned off....really incredible.

Yes.....RED....must.........have.................soon...... :confused

:cheers,

Thomas

ok, here is a prototype red blade. I have to tone it down some, it's too bright. :eek :eek It is showing up kind of orangish to the camera since it is saturating. But it really is a nice red color. One I add proper diffusing material I hope it will photograph better. I also did a preliminary test and this proto red blade is about 50% brighter than my modified MR Vader FX so far. :thumbsup

Anyway, here is a movie:
Red Saber Blade Proto

Originally posted by David Stokes@Aug 14 2005, 12:22 PM
so is this a similar LED setup like Corbin Das has?
[snapback]1057408[/snapback]​

No it is totally different. My blade has a proper scrolling effect that keeps its brightness as the blade ignites/retracts.

AWESOME. :thumbsup

that IS a real lightsaber glow on that saber... :confused

i wan´t one if your work is done with that sabers.
get me on the list of interested...

WOW.

RoCKo

I've had my experiences with all three technologies (plasma, EL (sheet and wire), and LED core) and let me say this is by far the best looking, whatever it is. I beg you to please offer these up for sale. If you made them to order and established there'd be a waiting period you should be well set. This would really be a dream come true.

I am using an optical light solution right now, plus I am still working on some extra bells and whistles. Hopefully I will also have a custom aluminum hilt too. So please bear with me. :)

Originally posted by Dewy@Aug 14 2005, 04:44 PM
I've had my experiences with all three technologies (plasma, EL (sheet and wire), and LED core) and let me say this is by far the best looking, whatever it is. I beg you to please offer these up for sale. If you made them to order and established there'd be a waiting period you should be well set. This would really be a dream come true.
[snapback]1057582[/snapback]​

Master Fiberdyne, would you please PM me a tentative price on one of those Blade/Sound Modules? (other thing, you wouldn´t consider any trade, would you?)

Thanks, if the project moves forward I will let everyone know.

The core is semi-flexible so it moves with the blade. You cant have a polycarb blade that flexes with a rigid assembly installed. That equals breakage.

Originally posted by DarthMulch@Aug 11 2005, 01:50 PM
I've always said you're a bright guy...
[snapback]1055573[/snapback]​
boo. hiss. :lol

That's amazing work, as always. One word comes to mind: Patent.

Update: A new Bluetooth wireless sound module has been designed, as well as an in-the-hilt sound board w/ speaker.

Just got purple in so a purple blade is in the works.

Also got the rechargeable battery system in, works great.. No more taking your hilt apart to change batteries.

It's coming together, slowly but surely. :)

Thanks.

A "shock" test video should be ready soon too. I banged around the red blade in a mock duel and it held up just fine.. Still shining bright.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back