Limited Run T-60 Power Armor Helmet Kits from Fallout 4

Just in case anyone is worried about how much work goes into finishing one of my kits, I decided to start finishing some helmets to show how it's done. I had three good castings on the bench and one horrible reject that was just a little too good to throw away. If you want more detail,

Here's how they started out:

This is the inside of the ugly reject after rough-trimming the neck hole:

The rest of the helmets are nice and smooth on the inside. This abomination is not normal.

And here's the ugly reject showing the void that collapsed on the left side of the snout:

Trimming the eye holes was done with a tile cutting bit on the dremel:

I also rough cut the sink drain holes in the snout with the same bit:

So after a few minutes' work, here's four helmets with the rough trimming done:

Next, I smoothed out the neck holes with a sanding drum:

The ugly reject took a bit longer because I decided to grind out a lump on the inside:

Next, I smoothed out the eye holes:

Each cast has a tiny flaw on the left side of the chin from a bubble in the mold:

There's also a tiny blob on the underside of the snout (I know, I'm a failure):

Fortunately, a high-speed cutting bit makes quick work of these:

Dremel work done, I move onto sanding the neck hole by hand:

Eye holes too:

There's a tiny bit of mold flashing on the back of a couple of the castings where the mold seam was:

This goes away after a few seconds worth of love from a sanding block:

After that, I sand down the entire surface of the helmet to take the shine off:

This will give the primer a bit more "tooth" to grab onto on the surface.

That done, I drill a hole in the right ear to fit the bolt that will hold the sight arm:

The hole is 1/4":

The snout also gets a 3/16 hole for the little lever:

And finally, I drill a 1" hole everywhere the gas mask hoses attach:

Piece of cake:

Next I trim the cheek hose attachments:

The mold sprues get cut off with a cut-off wheel:

Then they get glued onto the surface of each helmet:

After bending some 1/4" aluminum rod to make the eye guard rails, I drilled holes to fit them and glued them into place. Then touched up the ends of the cheek tubes with spot putty to hide the seams and set the helmets aside to dry:

Since I had a minute to wait, I decided to add a bit more "damage" to the ugly reject helmet. It already had this big dent:

I figured I'd leave off the detail greeblies on the left nostril too, so I drilled out the spots that they would cover:

I also dug a bit of a hole on the right side of the snout:

And another hole in the forehead:

The forehead hole got a bit of love with some bondo and spot putty:

So did the one on the snout:

I also decided to add a bent section to the ridge around the sink drain on the snout:

After adding the headlamps, I decided to call it a day. As of last night when I was leaving the shop, this is how they looked:

Not bad for a few hours of relaxed tinkering.

If anyone else wants a kit, please post here and I'll PM you with the details.

Last edited:
Since last I posted, I gave the bits of spot putty a quick sanding and then each of the helmets got a coat of primer:

After that had a chance to dry, they were each given their basecoats. Here's the one with all of the battle damage:

The next day I returned to find them all like so:

In a bit of a hurry, I sprayed a basecoat on all of them. Then I started weathering the one that was already dry. I started with a quick blackwash:

You can see the blackwashed helmet on the right here:

I decided I needed one of these guys too:

So here's all five:

For the past week or so, they've just been hanging in the shop waiting for me to find time to work on them again:

A couple of days ago, I assembled four of the sight arms for these guys:

Once they're painted, I'll be adding these acrylic cabochons to look like lenses:

Here's five of them in their base colors:

They're looking alright:

After letting the paint dry overnight, I got to weathering the rest of them. I started with these two:

The one on the right got a logo stenciled on the backside:

That was given a light blackwash:

Then I set to work adding blackwash and rust to the other four helmets:

This one was given a fairly light rust treatment:

And here's the one with the dents and bullet dings as it looks right now:

I still have to add the last couple of greeblies and the lenses to all of these guys. Then they'll get a little bit more weathering and they'll be good to go.

If anyone else wants a kit, please post here and I'll PM you with the details.

like a kit :love

PM Sent.

I spent a bit more time tinkering with the five helmets I'm painting last night. They'll look a lot better once I've had time to actually install all of the lenses and whatnot, but here's how they look for right now:

The painting is pretty much done. Except for the top left one which needs rust:

The heavy rusted one with the dents and bullet dings will probably get a bit of drybrushing to make the dents and dings stand out:

I'll probably also drybrush on some silver to add a bit of wear to the Atom Cats version:

But so far, this one with the light rust treatment is still my favorite:

​If you'd like a kit, post here and I'll PM you with the details.

If you've been following my build thread (link HERE) you may have been wondering, "how can I get me a piece of that thing?" Here's your chance...

I've finished molding the helmet and all of it's greeblies and attachments. Here's a complete set of parts all tacked together:
[url]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4027/34941693723_7c2407df6b_c.jpg[/URL]

The kit includes the gas mask hoses as well as tinted acrylic lens for the eyes:
[url]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4236/35363823520_89e24367d8_c.jpg[/URL]

Here's all of the separate parts of the kit laid out:
[url]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4231/35363820240_3bace2a688_c.jpg[/URL]

I haven't finished painting one yet, but here's one that's almost done:
[url]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4348/35746353004_926c06f534_c.jpg[/url]

If anyone would like a copy of the helmet, I'm going to be selling raw cast kits in rotocast resin with all of the attachments, rubber hoses, and a tinted acrylic insert for the eyes for $280 plus shipping.

A $120 deposit gets you on the list.

Once your kit is packed and ready to ship, I'll invoice you for the remaining balance plus the actual cost of shipping.

Post here if you'd like a kit and I'll PM you with payment details.

Thanks for looking!
Ok, I want one of these. Going to have to get creative & dip into my firing Blade Runner blaster budget.

I'll be back in the shop casting and shipping more kits on Wednesday.

For anyone else interested in getting a kit, post here and I'll PM you with details.

For anyone who has one of these kits, can you please post finished pics? I'd love to see how they're coming out.

​If anybody else would like a kit, post here and I'll PM you with the details.

Here's the helmet I've been working on. So far, I've put down a coat of black primer, silver paint and a pretty heavy black wash to add some grime. The little nose greebles definitely need some kind of weathering. I think I might do a silver dry brush and then apply the rust over the top.

IMG_3860.jpg
I'm going for a super rusty effect and I thought it'd be fun to use iron powder to create real rust. I've been experimenting on the trimmings of the collar of the helmet. It seems to work pretty well, but I'm worried about applying it to the helmet. I'm thinking I might use an old toy helmet to practice on before I go all in. This kit has been a ton of fun to put together. Thanks!
IMG_3882.jpg

It's almost done! I think I'm just going to add the lens and call it good. I was going to add the targeting arm, but I'm really liking it as is. I decided to go for a heavy rust look. I ended up making a mix of bronze paint, iron powder, vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. I don't really know the proportions as I threw it together as a test and liked the result. I don't think it matters too much. The mixture had a tendency to clump up a bit so I could choose clumpy bits for where I wanted thick rust, and watery bits for a lighter effect. I then used a spay bottle of hydrogen peroxide to get the mixture really rusting. I did the spraying process 5-8 times. I sprayed the tubes with a vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and salt mixture so they'd look salty. I think water/salt would have worked, but I already had the other mixture as I was trying it out as a rust catalyst. It works to make rust but it also leaves behind a lot of salt so I didn't use it on the main part of the helmet.
IMG_3926.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back