Sylvie (Loki series) costume piece ID’s

Far as I know, that's the right brand and style but I think the "leather" finish is the only thing that varies. Aside from that, I'm not sure what the show used.
The ones she wore in the show has a tassel on the zipper and the heel was lower. I know Rombaut is the right brand I just can’t figure out which boots they used since they all look similar in this brand.

The ones she wore in the show has a tassel on the zipper and the heel was lower. I know Rombaut is the right brand I just can’t figure out which boots they used since they all look similar in this brand.
♀️ I went with the ROMBAUT Boccaccio II and love them!

Here's the patterns for the Sylvie Foam Horns I created (in letter and A4). I also included a rough walkthrough.
I would love to see photos if anyone gives it a try!
Just the sanding and painting left for me now.
Weston Nice work on those horns. I attached a photo with some observations. The screen cap shows the basic shape seems slightly angled in. The 'split' goes to almost the middle and the ridge seems less prominent. It also looks like there are a few difference on the 3 'steps.' Just my 2¢ :cool:(y)

Attachments

• SYLVIE-HORNS.jpg
    SYLVIE-HORNS.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 154
Hey guys! Late reply but 2PlayerGame your leather circles for the sleeves came in and they are perfect, I think they will work so well when I get around to making my bodysuit! Thank you so much for linking your Etsy shop!

Mostly posting to say that on a lark, last night I contacted Wig Is Fashion and asked if they would ever consider doing a wig based on Sylvie because their Black Widow and Scarlet Witch wigs are so nice, and because I'm having such a hard time finding a wig that I like and I think they could do a great job with it (I've purchased from them before and really like their quality). I didn't expect to hear back from them, but, well, they emailed back this morning asking for me to send reference photos. So keep your fingers crossed! We might get a custom-made quality wig designed with Sylvie in mind out of this!

Hey guys! Late reply but 2PlayerGame your leather circles for the sleeves came in and they are perfect, I think they will work so well when I get around to making my bodysuit! Thank you so much for linking your Etsy shop!

Mostly posting to say that on a lark, last night I contacted Wig Is Fashion and asked if they would ever consider doing a wig based on Sylvie because their Black Widow and Scarlet Witch wigs are so nice, and because I'm having such a hard time finding a wig that I like and I think they could do a great job with it (I've purchased from them before and really like their quality). I didn't expect to hear back from them, but, well, they emailed back this morning asking for me to send reference photos. So keep your fingers crossed! We might get a custom-made quality wig designed with Sylvie in mind out of this!
I'm SO glad to hear that! It's one of my favorite things to see/hear about people using the things I produce! Especially when I have such doubts about adding them to my shop I haven't finished my own top yet but I'm tackling it as we speak, so here's hoping it continues to go well!

Omg I LOVE WIF so if they do I'd buy it so quick!

I finally was able to watch the making of Loki video on Disney+ last night. Grabbed some useful screenshots. Interesting to note that the little gold rectangles on the right side of her breastplate are actually held on by little gold rivets. And yes, there is a green section on the left side, not gold rectangles. Interesting. Hopefully future interviews with the amazing costume designer will reveal the story behind all of this! Note: I am also posting my horde of images to my Sylvie Pinterest board, if anyone else is interested in digging through the collection heh heh. 98 Loki Sylvie Laufeydottir costume ideas in 2021 | loki, marvel cinematic universe wiki, the minutemen
That's awesome! I also have a ton of refs in a google doc towards the beginning of the thread. If you wanna grab anything from there and put it on the pinterest board feel free to. c:

Hey very new to this site but I thought I'd share how I am going to tackle Sylvie's bodysuit (undergarments). All this info on this thread is so helpful to me so thank you to everyone contributing. I've written all of this down in my little notebook but the easiest thing for me probably is buying an already made bodysuit with a turtle neck (which I can easily remove and use for patterning). Originally I was going to make it all from scratch but my overlocker is not in the best of condition. I went out and bought some pleather yesterday because Spotlight sale yahoo! I also bought some gold fabric for the accents on the sleeves and neck but I think the different materials contrast too much so I might painstakingly hand paint the details on with some metallic gold paint. Also grabbed some batting for the shoulder pad business that is happening. As for the circle sleeve details, might just make something up in illustrator and cut some craft foam with the cricut. But yeah I agree... top stitching that feels like a nightmare so hopefully with some glue and pressing in the crevices it should look just as effective. Also bodysuit was the way for me to go personally because it will sit a lot nicer under the pants than a shirt I think? Also the pants. I have seen a really helpful pattern linked previously but what fabric are yall thinking? I thought about linen but I am looking for a better alternative. Can't really tell what fabric is used from the photos but its definitely woven :lol:
So I made my costume on a pretty tight schedule and I bought a turtleneck shirt and definitely used the collar as a pattern to make her proper one. The pants I believe are a custom rayon/twill it was mentioned. I'm probably going to try to find a good twill or something along those lines for mine.

Ok thanks! I found the original boots but they are sold out everywhere. But the hunt continues! I saw earlier on the thread the talk about the pants and I really like this link that goes to the pattern of the black pants shown. Sadly I do not sow but if anyone finds pants that look like the black ones shown in the link let me know!

I have been scouring the internet for a pair of pants like the ones she has but more than likely you'll have to either make them or have them made. That pattern is the one I found and the closest thing to them as I could find. If it helps it does look like the pants are inspire by Thai Fisherman's pants.

Guys I thrifted a jacket and pulled it apart to start Sylvie v2. Please give me motivation to actually work on it. Also!!! The boots are finally broken in I think (I've been wearing them everywhere I go lol) and seriously comfortable. (I have the Rambout Boccaccio II's the other ones are impossible to find)

Also for her gold bits I used these: Connector Bars by Bead Landing™ Could put something over the holes to make it look like rivets. They work SUPER well.

Found these Boccaccio lace ups on eBay for $35. Figured for that price, I’ll take the risk that they’re fake, and try painting them black with some Angelus black and some Walk On Black for the soles. Wish me luck!

Hey congrats! Glad you found those. I made an alert for Rombaut on Ebay but those must have slipped past me somehow. I would absolutely slap some Angelus on them for that price and be thrilled. Good luck!

I've been going nuts trying to find a useable pattern for her cloak and just came across this one. It needs a little modification but since I'm doing a mash up mine doesn't have to be completed SA thankfully. View C looks pretty close.

Attachments

• 20210815_144006.jpg
    20210815_144006.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 223
I've been going nuts trying to find a useable pattern for her cloak and just came across this one. It needs a little modification but since I'm doing a mash up mine doesn't have to be completed SA thankfully. View C looks pretty close.
I bought that same pattern! Haven't started yet, but I think C is going to be the best bet as well. I hope to do some modifications in order to make it as accurate as possible :)

I bought that same pattern! Haven't started yet, but I think C is going to be the best bet as well. I hope to do some modifications in order to make it as accurate as possible :)
I bought 2 others before I found this one, but this definitely looks the closest in style. I look forward to seeing what mods you make since you seem to have a much better handle on this costume than I can ever hope to. I know it needs snaps at least. (I have your Etsy store favorited so I can buy the arm decorations eventually. Since I'm doing a mash up and my top is a t-shirt, I haven't decided if the sleeves should be arm warmers/fake sleeves in stretch pleather or stretch knit yet.)

I bought 2 others before I found this one, but this definitely looks the closest in style. I look forward to seeing what mods you make since you seem to have a much better handle on this costume than I can ever hope to. I know it needs snaps at least. (I have your Etsy store favorited so I can buy the arm decorations eventually. Since I'm doing a mash up and my top is a t-shirt, I haven't decided if the sleeves should be arm warmers/fake sleeves in stretch pleather or stretch knit yet.)
I LOVE mash up cosplays! Which other character are you incorporating??

I’ll be sure to share poncho progress once I get there

Attached is my first attempt at her entire sleeve. I’ve already improved the pattern and hope to finish the real deal soon!

Attachments

• E890D24B-8638-4161-A091-3A72AB0671A6.jpeg
    E890D24B-8638-4161-A091-3A72AB0671A6.jpeg
    769.7 KB · Views: 192
I LOVE mash up cosplays! Which other character are you incorporating??

I’ll be sure to share poncho progress once I get there

Attached is my first attempt at her entire sleeve. I’ve already improved the pattern and hope to finish the real deal soon!
It's an attempt at a 13th Doctor-Sylvie variant. I have dark green culottes, black boots similar to 13's I use for a 13 cosplay, a wig I'd bought for 13 which needed to be restyled anyway, a green alt version of her t-shirt that I just got on RedBubble, metallic gold braces/suspenders, and a Sylvie crown I picked up on Etsy which is nice and was painted, but it's rough so I really need to sand it down and then use Rub n Buff over it (the gold is too bright anyway). So the cloak/poncho instead of her coat, I'm still debating on her earring/earcuff (I have the SA one but I think I need something more Sylvie-like) and still debating on what to do about her Sonic screwdriver for the same reason. Either this will work really well or be the dumbest thing ever. Esp when I'm basically built like a hobbit.

It's an attempt at a 13th Doctor-Sylvie variant. I have dark green culottes, black boots similar to 13's I use for a 13 cosplay, a wig I'd bought for 13 which needed to be restyled anyway, a green alt version of her t-shirt that I just got on RedBubble, metallic gold braces/suspenders, and a Sylvie crown I picked up on Etsy which is nice and was painted, but it's rough so I really need to sand it down and then use Rub n Buff over it (the gold is too bright anyway). So the cloak/poncho instead of her coat, I'm still debating on her earring/earcuff (I have the SA one but I think I need something more Sylvie-like) and still debating on what to do about her Sonic screwdriver for the same reason. Either this will work really well or be the dumbest thing ever. Esp when I'm basically built like a hobbit.
LOL!! That all sounds amazing!

Nice! Which black Angelus paint are you going to use for the boot? Post a photo when finished?
Will definitely post a pic! Boots should arrive in a couple of days. I’m using simple angelus black for the main boot and Angelus Walk on Black for the midsole and sole bottoms. Open to paint color suggestions. I know the SA Carbon version of the boot had some suede panels that gave it a more multi-shade look.

Will definitely post a pic! Boots should arrive in a couple of days. I’m using simple angelus black for the main boot and Angelus Walk on Black for the midsole and sole bottoms. Open to paint color suggestions. I know the SA Carbon version of the boot had some suede panels that gave it a more multi-shade look.
Cool thanks :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back