SyFy's Childhood's End

The first 2 parts should be pretty straightforward, it's the third night I'm concerned about, trying to convey what's happening...they could really botch it.

Given it's the scifi channel i have no doubt they're going to drop the ball on this.

That's about where I come out on it. I pretty much assume anything SyFy will be garbage nowadays.

They knocked "DUNE" out of the park. But, yah - this will probably suck.

They knocked Dune out of the park fifteen years ago. The Sci-Fi channel of 2000 is not the SyFy channel of 2015, and hasn't been for a very, very long time.

The only thing I remember from the book:
Was what the alien looked like when they finally were able to see him.

Maybe someone at Syfy is finally getting the idea that good science fiction is what they need to do more of...but time will tell

It's one of my favorite books so I'm really looking forward to it, regardless of the syfy adaptation reputation. However, I'm going to wait til all 3 parts are available to watch it all at once.

This is a simple one to judge, so I'll let you guys be the guinea pigs and I'll just ask this: Did they get it right? This one has a couple things that they really have to nail in order to classify as "right" in my book. Clarke's one of my favorite authors, and I won't take kindly if they screw it up.

I remember almost nothing from the book, I could have sworn there was a team working on getting a look at the aliens, not that they revealed themselves.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back