Supernatural 1967 Impala Conversion

Here is the one I just picked up from GA

24,000 original miles, 327, going to work on the weather stripping first, then fixing the few rust spots.
Rims, tires, engine, suspension then breaks.
Then interior which my seats are already done.

Still have a a lot to do but I just want to make it a perfect driving machine first then make it Deans.

So you have 3 now? or did you sell the Impala & Caprice project you already had?

Hi Guys I to am building a replica of the season 1 car. I been watching and reading this thread for sometime and its been awesome to look at what some of you guys are doing and Rick I got to say what a awesome job you are doing on Stefany's car. I have been following it on you tube also.Now I hope some here can help me a bit .But right I need to get my hands on the 2 pieces of chrome that go on the windows of the 2 rear doors as mine are pitted really bad and the 2 small pieces of trim that goes on the quarters in front of the rear wheels. I hope someone help.
Larry

G'day Larry ... is this the glass trim you're talking about?

impala-verticalseal4.jpg~original

Unfortunately, these are not reproduced. You will have to find them used (salvage yard, eBay, Craigslist etc).

Scrapped the impala still have the caprice I'm selling it eBay me if your interested stephen.cornell1@gmail.com

Not interested in the Caprice (already have my car :D), but please, please, please tell me you removed all the trim (in & out), door glass, window regulators and anything else that was removable and '67 specific before you had it scrapped? Even if you didn't need it, as Larry's request above indicates, 4 door hardtop specific parts are getting harder by the day to find. You could have easily made yourself a $1000-$2000 selling them piece by piece.

Some thoughts for everyone building an Impala: I also want to add a general post for anyone building one of these Impala's that is looking for parts that aren't reproduced. After taking a year to build mine, I know how hard parts are getting to find specific to the 1967 4 door Hardtop, but here's a few tips that may help...

Whilst some of the trim pieces are exclusive to the '67 Impala/Caprice, some more generic parts were used not only through a certain year range (in this case 1965-1968), but also across other models. When searching, don't just look for Chevy Impala or Chevy Caprice ... other GM marquess made their version of the same Full-size B-Body - Buick LeSabre, Oldsmobile 88, Pontiac.

Whilst the individual body panels and styling pieces are different, they were built on the same frame. Too keep costs to a minimum, generic items were kept standard across the board - glass, inner door mechanisms (window regulators etc), b-pillar caps, weatherstripping, window trim should be the same, the chrome strip Larry is looking for above, and so on. Keep that in mind when searching, especially if you have a decent salvage yard near by - you might get lucky and grab a bargain. Good luck!

Hey Russ
That's just what i'm looking for. If anyone can help that would be great.
2013-05-02 19.32.42.jpg

This is my baby. I have striped her right down and will be taken the body off the frame tomorow .

Hi Guys I to am building a replica of the season 1 car. I been watching and reading this thread for sometime and its been awesome to look at what some of you guys are doing and Rick I got to say what a awesome job you are doing on Stefany's car. I have been following it on you tube also.Now I hope some here can help me a bit .But right I need to get my hands on the 2 pieces of chrome that go on the windows of the 2 rear doors as mine are pitted really bad and the 2 small pieces of trim that goes on the quarters in front of the rear wheels. I hope someone help.
Larry

THANKS LARRY! :$ I glad you are liking my videos of the Impala. :) I do have some extra side trim for the car and I'm pretty sure I have the two little pieces of trim that go on the dog leg part of the body. Sorry but I do not have any extra trim that goes in between the glass.

Rick

Hi Rick
If you have those 2 little pieces of trim I would like to buy them from you .Just pm me the price with shipping thanks.
Larry

Done & Donner! :cool

impala-spotlights5.jpg~original

impala-spotlights3.jpg~original

When I do it again though (and a will when I buy a second one for a wedding car business), I'll mount them an inch lower. :thumbsup

G'day Larry ... is this the glass trim you're talking about?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d...a/reference/impala-verticalseal4.jpg~original

Unfortunately, these are not reproduced. You will have to find them used (salvage yard, eBay, Craigslist etc).

Not interested in the Caprice (already have my car :D), but please, please, please tell me you removed all the trim (in & out), door glass, window regulators and anything else that was removable and '67 specific before you had it scrapped? Even if you didn't need it, as Larry's request above indicates, 4 door hardtop specific parts are getting harder by the day to find. You could have easily made yourself a $1000-$2000 selling them piece by piece.

Some thoughts for everyone building an Impala: I also want to add a general post for anyone building one of these Impala's that is looking for parts that aren't reproduced. After taking a year to build mine, I know how hard parts are getting to find specific to the 1967 4 door Hardtop, but here's a few tips that may help...

Whilst some of the trim pieces are exclusive to the '67 Impala/Caprice, some more generic parts were used not only through a certain year range (in this case 1965-1968), but also across other models. When searching, don't just look for Chevy Impala or Chevy Caprice ... other GM marquess made their version of the same Full-size B-Body - Buick LeSabre, Oldsmobile 88, Pontiac.

Whilst the individual body panels and styling pieces are different, they were built on the same frame. Too keep costs to a minimum, generic items were kept standard across the board - glass, inner door mechanisms (window regulators etc), b-pillar caps, weatherstripping, window trim should be the same, the chrome strip Larry is looking for above, and so on. Keep that in mind when searching, especially if you have a decent salvage yard near by - you might get lucky and grab a bargain. Good luck!

Of Course that impala was a body and frame everything that was not already demolished was kept. The caprice will be the same unless I can find someone with the time to part it out and wants the 327 and 350 turbo and the car itself.

Russ your pictures always look badass!
I don't suppose you could share what kind of camera you use?

Thanks mate. Though the camera does the bulk of the work :)

Current camera is a bit of a whizz-banger :cool Canon 1DX. Lens I generally use shooting stuff like this is a Sigma 28mm f1.8 Macro as it allows me to get up close for the smaller/finer details.

impala-spotlights2.jpg~original

impala-spotlights4.jpg~original

Hoooow do you install them? did you have to drill a hole in the pillar?

Yeah you do. It's pretty easy.

Align the brackets, centre punch and drill for the mounting screws.

impala-spotlights7.jpg~original

Mount the brackets and insert drill bushing.

impala-spotlights9.jpg~original

Remove the interior pillar trim and check for wiring, then drill.

impala-spotlights10a.jpg~original

Remove the handle and insert the shaft through the hole Re-attach the handle. It has alignment notches so it's hard to get it wrong :)

impala-spotlights12.jpg~original

impala-spotlights1.jpg~original

Drill a hole in the trim for the wire, and secure with included grommet.

impala-spotlights14.jpg~original

Wiring them up is simple. Took me 20 minutes. There's no ground wire (the ground themselves through the post). Just a single wire. I wired each to a single fusible link, which runs direct to the battery. Easy peasy.

Last edited:
Hey Rick (or anybody for that matter) ... if you get a line on the correct cassette deck, please let me know - or just buy it, and I'll buy it off you.

.. and does anybody know the correct speakers for the rear shelf?

Hey Rick (or anybody for that matter) ... if you get a line on the correct cassette deck, please let me know - or just buy it, and I'll buy it off you.

.. and does anybody know the correct speakers for the rear shelf?

I have both Rick will know the speakers I'd tell you but I'm not home I do know the deck is a rampage av2000

Yeah I know the name/model of the head unit. Just can't seem to ever find one.

Yeah, MOST of the world can't either thanks to Dean Winchester..........................:facepalm I do have a correct radio coming in but it is going out to a customer that has been on my waiting list forever (yes even longer than the damn Flask Covers and Journal.................:eek). Tell you what brother, the next one I find it's yours.....................:) As for the rear speakers, on the show the 6 inch round speaker grills are from a company called Hertz. However there are NO speakers in them. Just for looks guys (and girls). Now for my cars I use a 6 inch round speaker from Audiovox Rampage as it matches the radio and I'm all anal about that kind of stuff..........................;) Oh yeah, I also use a Rampage amp in my trunk......................:ninja To hear what the system sounds like go and watch my youtube video "Riding in Stefany's Supernatural Impala".

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back