Superman Returns prop

Thx for the imput, and misterfusion, thank you for the comparations, looks great and it gives me a great hand with the tweaks.

Ill work on it tonight, and if somebody has the font Gothic 13, please, if you dont mind to share it gusaweber@gmail.com

Again thank you, and the update tonight.

Cya

Gus

Okay, finally, I believe mine is finished:
DailyPlanet_FINAL.jpg

I went back to the original and used it to line up my text so it is in th exact position.
I obtained the correct font for the headline and the photo caption.
I increased the contrast in the photo and added a halftone pattern (excellent idea - it really adds realism to the piece).
In fact I added the halftone pattern to all of the grey elements. I found this to be correct after examining a real newspaper.

Let me know what you think :)
Chris

jedipunk, looks good pal, very good, congrats.

Now mine its on the way, heheh, ill keep you posted on the frame.

Gus

Hey boys,

Next thing :)

It looks like the DP globe and date are lighter than the rest of the text on the page.

dpglobe.jpg

Whadday think?

Am I getting to nit-picky now? :angel

Steve

Nope - if you look closely, there is a glare in that area from an overhead light - I almost fell for it myself. However, after seeing other screen-used papers, there is no other instsnce of a lighter globe/date. The continents on the globe are grey though...

<div class='quotetop'>(misterfusion @ Jul 26 2006, 11:17 AM) [snapback]1288258[/snapback]</div>
Hey boys,

Next thing :)

It looks like the DP globe and date are lighter than the rest of the text on the page.

dpglobe.jpg

Whadday think?

Am I getting to nit-picky now? :angel

Steve
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(jedipunk @ Jul 26 2006, 10:49 AM) [snapback]1288303[/snapback]</div>
Nope - if you look closely, there is a glare in that area from an overhead light [/b]

Okay, I'll see your light glare and raise you Bold Face.

How about the issue # and price being bolded and the date is regular. The date font doesn;t look as thick or bold.

:D

Steve

Sh.t.

I think you're right. *sigh* :lol

Anyhoo, just for fun, here's a full-size mock-up I printed. (I had a pad of newsprint left over from college which I cut up into 8.5 X 11 sheets). Beside it hangs the local paper for scale.

dp_Comp.jpg

Thanks Steve,
Chris

<div class='quotetop'>(misterfusion @ Jul 26 2006, 01:14 PM) [snapback]1288315[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(jedipunk @ Jul 26 2006, 10:49 AM) [snapback]1288303[/snapback]
Nope - if you look closely, there is a glare in that area from an overhead light [/b]

Okay, I'll see your light glare and raise you Bold Face.

How about the issue # and price being bolded and the date is regular. The date font doesn;t look as thick or bold.

:D

Steve
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>(misterfusion @ Jul 26 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]1288410[/snapback]</div>
Sorry to be like a Kryptonite shiv in your back :D

It's looking absolutely stunning. Great work.

Steve
[/b]

Oh well.

On a related topic...

DP_Pass_Proto.jpg

These are only prototypes. I still need better pics. :)

misterfusion, amazing pics, i never knew that she had those colors thx, now ill look for the one for clark, and ill make them too, Thx Cya

Gus

Steve - DUDE - you RULE.

Thanks for the Lois pic. She's Done:

DP_Lois_Fin.jpg

I hope you are able to get a Clark.

Thanks again,

Chris

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back