Superior Spiderman + Spider Gwen Dual Build

yoopees

I've been wanting to do this build for sometime now. My wife and I rarely do "couples" cosplays, and with Hawaiian comic-con coming here in September, I thought about doing it and hopefully meet with Stan Lee.

I will update this thread as much as I can, but so far this is the initial builds I/we are currently working on.

I've been in talks with cha0tic for a while (thanks cha0tic for answer all my questions and concerns) and hired him to sew both suits.
After initially "hiring" cha0tic, both my wife and I did a lot of "research" regarding Spider-Gwen's shoes.

We decided on the color and started to do some testing. We went out to our local crafts store and bought some mermaid blue acrylic paint and some cheap stiff paint brushes.
IMG_4352.JPG
Instead of buying a new pair of flats (it was sort of difficult to find the right color flats), we decided to convert my wife's black chucks and started painting it. This is a test coat (1st layer) to see if the paint will adhere to the rubber material. Waiting for the initial coat to dry and will do a 2nd coat tonight and will upload the pictures --stay tuned--
IMG_4356.JPG
I am also going to "tweak" the shoes a bit by adding/drawing white "webbing" to the front of the shoes. I just think it looks super plain, so we are adding a bit of "flavor"

I am also in talks with TJack for his famous TASM2 domed faceshell. I believe it will get the correct "curvature" we desire and it's also awesome looking. Once purchased and when I receive it, I will tweak the shell a bit for my wifes as the black might show through the mask.

Close up of the wife hard at work (she is wearing shorts) on the conversion of the shoes
IMG_4357.JPG

First shoe is done! Letting it dry and will add a second coat and then the white webbings!! Looks a bit dark due to the cell phone camera, but it is "mermaid blue"
IMG_4360.JPG

I kinda like the webbing but knowing my personal habits, I'd suggest holding off on webbing until the other costume pieces are done. That way you can see how it all works together.

Also Hello, D.

-Devin

I kinda like the webbing but knowing my personal habits, I'd suggest holding off on webbing until the other costume pieces are done. That way you can see how it all works together.

Also Hello, D.

-Devin
You founded me!! I'm the same way, but I got a little creative and I just had to see what it looks like.

My wife and I are also doing a Spider Gwen and Superior Spiderman build, best of luck.
Sweet! Any recommendations regarding Gwens shoes? Or will you( your waifu) be wearing flats?

We're probably going to use these with some gel inserts

Nine West Women's Royalli Suede Ballet Flat, Turquoise/Turquoise, 10 M US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U8JIUQE/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_5tPOvbA21BD7E

Hmmm, i like the colors, but i dont like the price lol $59.00 + tax :\
I think our biggest issue now is getting "fit" enough, but at the same time i think we are fit enough

I stand 5'6 athletic build weight 150lbs
waifu stands 5'2 athletic/bodybuilding (figure building) build weight 145lbs

most likely she will look a lot better in the suit because of her natural muscles lol. hopefully in a few months before the con i will gain the additional 10lbs and she will probably gain another 5lbs

I am going to add the spiderman webshooter, but I feel like i'd get kicked out of the con lol I am going to find a way to tweek it a bit to fit under the suit, if anything I may just wear it above :D
webbing.jpeg

I've been following RiotJavelinDX and his build is just so much more "superior" (sorry I had too)
The waifu and I are going to TRY and sculpt the "backpack" of my superior spiderman this weekend. This is the reference picture we will be using.
tumblr_n32lhkoaph1sdxmr7o3_1280.jpg

Going to modify it a little bit, but lets see how it goes :popcorn

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back