Studio Scale TIE Fighter

Re: STUDIO SCALE TIE FIGHTER **UPDATED PICS**

I get most of my stuff from Digikey or Newark ,but their shipping prices on small stuff is high. I order through work with other stuff.

Here is Digikeys link

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=67-1044-ND

Newark has a pdf for them, the CLP125's are what you want

http://www.newark.com/pdfs/datasheets/Visual_Comm/CLP_MOUNT.pdf

And the product

http://www.newark.com/vcc-visual-communications-company/clp125blk-pk10/led-mounting-clip/dp/96F2043

Glen

And what about the leds (or the actual centerpiece of the cannon)?
I don´t think I got that part.

Thanks.

Any idea on what to use?

The originals had 5mm orange LEDS like in my pics but i am told the new orange LED's available are a whiteish color when unlit. You will have to use either red or the whitish orange ones, or try to source some of the old orange ones. I don't know where you can get them. Also made in the 70-80's are some orange LED's that look yellow when unlite. I just recently found some of them by accident looking for yellow ones in my parts bins.
Hope this helps

you can also get the yellow ones and paint with tamiya transparent red to make them orange as a last resort.

Re: STUDIO SCALE TIE FIGHTER The Second coming...

Just a small update:

In the near future this model will be offered.

This was a group effort. Consisting of 100% donor kits found, aluminum armature, 3 layer wing stars (just like the original heroes). I hope you can tell that a whole lot of love and work went into this build.

I present to you the ANH Tie Fighter for your consideration:

Sorry about the picture, much more will follow and in great detail.

0224091329.jpg

I just got off the phone with Steve N. and he wants you guys to know that his current orders are still and always have been his #1 priority and that those that ordered the Tie Interceptor will receive new upgraded upper, lower, rear hatches, and new front canopies.

The future of studio scale models is bright, VERY bright indeed.

J

Last edited:

Awesome, awesome AWESOME!! I want it. Put me on the list. I have been bugging Steve about getting in an order for the regular TIE. Now I'm glad I had to wait.

Looks outstanding, I love the work I've seen so far. I've been following this thread for quite a while.

Can't wait to see the finished product! Pending final cost, I'd love to pick this up as well.

JS

I would be very interested in the new version also. IS there a list to be on?

KK

WOW iT FINISHED!! Great effort and result!
If its true that there's an interest list,put me in pleeeeasee...

Very interested in the STUDIO SCALE TIE FIGHTER. IS there a list to be on?

aljf :confused

Will there be new wingstars on this one? Just wondered as the originals look a bit bubblegum, what with all the gack in the detailing.

If its cast well enough, id part with money on it, kudos on a great project though Jamie, thats some fine work there on the master pattern.

lee

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about selling my TIEs to help towards paying for my wedding in April :lol I'm so getting one of these!

It's not my pattern. John C. did the master. On this particular build I've just helped with parts, and the inner wing star (frame) rough pattern.

The hero wing stars Steve has are IMO perfect. The originals were castings and so will these.

There is no list to get on. Once it's released it will be first come fist serve depending on the run amount made. I suspect that number will be small as there are more and larger projects to tackle.

Well props to John C then, Steve's a lucky guy he has such a top notch pattern maker on board.
I only asked about he wingstars Jamie, as the casts ive seen just arent that great, im sure the pattern is perfect, as its all there for us to see, casting just need a bit more effort i guess.

Good luck with the kit!

lee

That new master looks great! I'll be wanting one of these kits for sure to replace my SN hero that I never started.

Mike

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back