Studio Scale TIE Fighter

It wont... I hope ;) I retire from the military in a year and a half. War just keeps getting in the way. Just rember I was out of country for 8 of those months. :D

Glad you liked it.

Steve

Anyone else getting in on this before the molds are retired? Anyone have any showoffs of a completed kit? A Hero? I ordered a Hero in September, and am curious whether the wings come prebuilt? Would love to see some completed models, or even progress pics.

By the way, anyone hear from Steve, lately. Or Ryan? If you guys are out there, pls get in touch.

Thanks. :)

Allan

Originally posted by isd804@Nov 21 2005, 02:38 PM
Anyone else getting in on this before the molds are retired? Anyone have any showoffs of a completed kit? A Hero? I ordered a Hero in September, and am curious whether the wings come prebuilt? Would love to see some completed models, or even progress pics.

By the way, anyone hear from Steve, lately. Or Ryan? If you guys are out there, pls get in touch.

Thanks.  :)

Allan
[snapback]1119973[/snapback]​

Being honest I would love to get one, but so far with the holidays comming up I am fearing my chance ot own one will be lost. Its a shame that these are getting ready to be retired. From some of the pictures in this thread its well worth the money.

Does anyone know if Steve is away. There have been a few of us who have sent him emails over the last couple of months that have gotten no response. Has he been deployed again?

Originally posted by cobywan@Nov 25 2005, 08:27 PM
Does anyone know if Steve is away.  There have been a few of us who have sent him emails over the last couple of months that have gotten no response.  Has he been deployed again?
[snapback]1122520[/snapback]​

Good question.

Mine was promised to be shipped about four weeks ago. Then MIA when e-mailed.

Hey life happens but constant promises about shipping eveyr other month and then no communication is nerve wracking when you've waited well over a year.

I hope he gets back to all of us soon because I think we've been more than patient.

I placed an order and have gotten "will try to get it out this weekend" many times. I'd really like to see it show up sometime soon. That's a lot of money to spend and not see anything. :confused

Folks,

Sorry I have not written sooner but have been busy with some personal issues.

update at the end of the thread.

I have made arrangements with some fellow board members to help get the TIE kits out to waiting customers. Anyone who knows me knows I always deliver. Maybe later than sooner but always. I will try to email each of you individually and give you some details on the condition and how and why its effecting delivery times. Please be patient I will come through for you.

Please limit the flaming and bashing on the thread... I have not let anyone down yet.

Steve

Originally posted by swpropmaker@Nov 27 2005, 05:21 AM
Folks,

Sorry I have not written sooner but have been busy with some personal issues.  I do not want to get into details here on the board for all to read so i am not.  The issue I am dealing with is serious and until proven other wise life threatening. So you understand its not just a cold.

I have made arrangements with some fellow board members to help get the TIE kits out to waiting customers.  Anyone who knows me knows I always deliver.  Maybe later than sooner but always.  I will try to email each of you individually and give you some details on the condition and how and why its effecting delivery times.  Please be patient I will come through for you.

Please limit the flaming and bashing on the thread... I have not let anyone down yet.

Steve
[snapback]1123191[/snapback]​

I don't think we are flaming or bashing. We are just wondering what's up since some promised delivery dates have passed without any followup so personal e-mails to us would be appreciated.

JV

Originally posted by jvasilatos+Nov 27 2005, 07:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jvasilatos @ Nov 27 2005, 07:37 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-swpropmaker
@Nov 27 2005, 05:21 AM
Folks,

Sorry I have not written sooner but have been busy with some personal issues.  I do not want to get into details here on the board for all to read so i am not.  The issue I am dealing with is serious and until proven other wise life threatening. So you understand its not just a cold.

I have made arrangements with some fellow board members to help get the TIE kits out to waiting customers.  Anyone who knows me knows I always deliver.  Maybe later than sooner but always.  I will try to email each of you individually and give you some details on the condition and how and why its effecting delivery times.  Please be patient I will come through for you.

Steve
[snapback]1123191[/snapback]​

I don't think we are flaming or bashing. We are just wondering what's up since some promised delivery dates have passed without any followup so personal e-mails to us would be appreciated.

JV
[snapback]1123267[/snapback]​
[/b]

I agree. We weren't trying to flame. Just see what's up. Sorry to hear about your condition, Steve. I'm sure it will work out ok for you. You have our best wishes. :)

Steve, thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about your adversity. Never a good thing, worse during the holiday season. Good thoughts and Godspeed to you and yours.

I know some have received kits, so I'll revoice my interest in seeing some progress posts - or, in a new thread. Just like to see what people are doing...

Best,
Allan

Steve,

Godspeed for a full and speedy recovery from whatever ailes you.

I did send you a PM on the availability of the kit right now but I understand that some things come first, especially your health.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the support went through another barrage of tests this week and the prelim results is good. The EKG and Stress test showed no sign of Heart damage and Ive started medication for High Blood Pressure. I am in good shape so the doctors say i should be fine, pending the results of the blood work and other tests. Thanks again for all your support. I was really scared, Ive got a 15, 13 and 2 year old children and to start having heart problems at 38 really was scary.

Ive statrted poring parts again today and should be up to full speed by next week.

I wanted to say Thanks to Ryan who has helped me when I couldnt do anything. Thanks again buddy.

Guys if your waiting please hang int here. I promise to take care of each and everyone of you.

Hero kits are priority. JV your the top of the list and Isle your a tight second. If therer is any change in my condition I will let each of you know.

Thanks again for all your prayers and support.

Steve

Originally posted by swpropmaker@Dec 2 2005, 01:28 AM

I wanted to say  Thanks to Ryan who has helped me when  I couldnt do anything.  Thanks again buddy.

[snapback]1126330[/snapback]​

Not a problem Steve. Trust me, I was a little freaked out when you told me about it, NOT a good place to be. I know first hand being 29 and having a BP for the last few years that the doctors could only scratch their heads at when nothing seemed to work to get it down. Took awhile, but its under control and has been for the past year, nothing like the doc telling ya that you've added back 20+ years of your life expectancy and for the first time in 4 years you are finally out of "imminent stroke" BP range. Feels pretty good. But, I remember thinking every day during that time that "this" day could be the one I had a freaking stroke and could be dead, or worse, a vegetable, and what I would be leaving behind, and I don't even have any kids. So, I'm super glad everythings worked out as well as it can in your circumstance.

To everyone else, I was keeping a low profile here since I wasn't quite sure what was going to happen with Steve and quite frankly I've been super busy with my new job, there hasn't been but 3 days since I started in September that were less than 10 hours. Weekends got eaten up by catching up on real life commitments and the odd 1/2 work day to catch up on late paperwork. Not helping things here, just prior (about 4 months) to me staring my new job I had my Jeep damn near totaled at work (a REALLY long story, but lets just say thereÂ’s a few reasons I DON'T work there anymore, and this was one of them) and that cut down on my spare time to get over and cast to just about zip. Most of the time I had no wheels from Castle Rock to Parker (my wife is in school full time getting her PHD, so late nights for her a lot), and even if I did have access to the other car I needed to get my Jeep back up and running ASAP which meant either running for parts or grabbing some wrench time.

HereÂ’s a good pick of an F-250 VS Jeep, F-250 1, Jeep 0

http://home.comcast.net/~ryan.comer/images/Jeep.jpg

Trust me, the damage was even worse than it looks as the firewall was buckled and the cowl and side were too.

AND YES, I did fix it all, and made a few "special modifications" myself.

THE GOOD NEWS. Steve is now able to be back 100% in his spare time, and my job is getting quickly caught up and ahead. My personal real life obligations are getting caught up too (I used to have hobbies, now I have a HOUSE.) and with winter coming thankfully most things can fall by the wayside until spring now. And, the Jeeps back up and running.

What that means for everyone owed a kit RIGHT NOW, is that I should be able to spend at least 1 full day a week pulling TIEs and other stuff. For me, I've come along far enough that my Junior Padawan Resin Monkey status has been upgraded to Senior Padawan Resin Monkey, which mean faster pours and mold turns which means more parts and kits in a given day with a lot fewer mispours and unusable casts. I'm finding that for TIEs what it used to take a day for me to produce I can now get three times a much done in the same day. Trust me, thatÂ’s a LOT of fracking parts (and kits.).

Between Steve and I that means we should be fully caught back up on TIES as fast as we humanly can, as well as the other stuff thatÂ’s out there DONE. Know that we've both spent as much time as possible getting things done to get everyone taken care of up until now, and the amount of time we'll both have from now on is going to only go up from here barring some catastrophe we can't foresee right now.

I want to thank everyone for their patience, trust me when I say that I had NO idea what I was in store for when I volunteered to help get Steve caught up on kits from pre-deployment. A lot goes into a TIE, and even more in some of the other stuff we've been working on. We got that knocked out fairly fast for the most part, and now we'll work on getting the rest out too. It will get done, just hang in there a bit longer. I'm looking forward to hearing kit reviews as they go out, and being able to FINALLY give those of you on the waiting list a shout and being able to tell everyone "as soon as you send the $, you're in the box kit will be on its way."

Ryan

"This is MY Force power, its called a BLASTER."

So, Steve, are you hoping to continue producing the kit? I thought you had said recently that you were going to stop after this last batch.

I was thinking of using my Income tax for one.

That's great news Steve and Ryan. I can understand all too well the feelings that come with learning of a medical condition. Hang in there and take care of yourselves.

Best,
Allan

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back