Studio Scale TIE Fighter

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the welcome backs. It is indeed good to be home. I have been working in the shop and am proud to say we have made much progress. In roughly two days we produced 3 kits and several extra of the small pieces.

I have a "resin monkey" working with me now his name is Ryan and goes by the handle RPF "Belleauwood" We sure got alot done with two of us working.

TIE kits are ready to go. Here is what the kit comes shipped in and the contents of each box.
91602850.jpg

I am working on finishing the final few orders then I will start producing the 2nd run list as soon as the 1st run is taken care of.

I stopped by the Laser cutter yesterday and have found a gold mine. I have to convert my drawing files for the Hero wing. Then should be well on the way to finish the HERO wing build up and molds. The process is awsome. No more ruler scribbing fro me. HE also took a look at the Interceptor drawig and will laser cut each layer that makes up the wing before all the detail is added. Will save a bunch of time working on the master.

Please email me with any questions you may have.

Its GREAT to be home.

Steve

*Build up notes* I have made contact with KOOLSHADE and it IS still available. Also JV, I have a drill press now and am in the process of coring your hull out. I think it will work because of the even pressure. I shattered two hull trying to do it by hand. YIKES. 40 OZ resin a shot down the tubes.

Yep, I am working with Steve on this one and a few other projects coming down the pike. I managed to snake yet another day off from work tomorrow so tomorrow will be another pouring day . . .

We should be caught up on outstanding kits soon . . . it's getting close . . .

Trust me when I say for those of you waiting it'll be worth it, the enormous pressure vessel (pot doesn't do it justice) that Steve has that the wings and such are pressure cast in make for some very nice, damn near perfect, casts. I can't wait to get caught up and set aside a set of pulls for both of us (no, neither of us has one yet.).

Ryan

Hey JV. Is this what you were looking for. I finally got the TIE hull cored so a Cockpit can be placed inside. I only destroyed two hulls trying but I think it will work from now on.

91787103.jpg

91787257.jpg

91787249.jpg

Heres a picture of Ryan hard at work. He's doing a great job. I'm glad to have him as part of the team.
91787167.jpg

Heres one of TIE hulls waiting to be sorted and boxed.
91787245.jpg

Hope you guys liked the pictures.

Steve

So is that a 3 inch hole bit? Did you drill a pilot hole first or just go to town?

So interested in this

JDH

Steve,
I've tried PMing you a couple of times, but don't see that you have received them. Did you get any of the messages?

thanks,
KK

KK, PM sent my friend.

JDH, not sure the size I took a hull down there and bought the closest they had without going over... No pre drill just shot down the back side slowly then the front. After that drilled the hatch opening. Need 4 hands for the project so it was great the Ryan was there. Need to stablize the hull without damaging detail, need to have a finger on the kill switch to catch the core once it separates and one operating the drill press.. well ok two hands for Hull stabelization.

The key is the drill press. DO NOT try this with a hand held or your hull will dface the same fate as two previous ones.

Steve

Originally posted by swpropmaker@Apr 4 2005, 11:24 PM
KK, PM sent my friend. 

JDH, not sure the size I took a hull down there and bought the closest they had without going over...  No pre drill  just shot down the back side slowly then the front.  After that  drilled the hatch opening.  Need 4 hands for the project so it was great the Ryan was there.  Need to stablize the hull without damaging detail, need to have a finger on the kill switch to catch the core once it separates and one operating the drill press.. well ok two hands for Hull stabelization.

The key is the drill press.  DO NOT try this with a hand held or your hull will dface the same fate as two previous ones.

Steve
[snapback]957704[/snapback]​

Steve-

This is AWESOME. Can't wait to get mine. Thanks for seeing it through so I can install a cockpit.

JV

Well, I arrived home to a large box sitting out in front of my house in the mud room. It was heavy, and the address label was in a Star Wars font. At that moment you couldn't not have peeled the smile off my face. Inside the box I was greated with one of the finest models I have ever seen. You can't belive the size and weight of this baby until you lift up the wings yourself. It's nearly taller then my 4 year old daughter.... The casting is perfect. I can't find a single bubble...I can't find a single bad spot. Like many of you, I waited a long time for this baby...let me be one of the first to say it was, without question, worth the wait. Steve...my hats off to you for serving the country, and for making this AWESOME model kit. If you havent' got one...get it before it's gone....no doubt one of the finest models I have....

I have to second this. I got mine last week and damn it a fine model. Its going to be a bear to display. This thing is huge. I cannot recommend this kit enough. Awesome job Steve.

Cheers

Archie

Steve,

seems like there are two KK's here :p

Well I am KK your old frnd.. I pm'ed you as well but didn't get a reply.. i hope you didn't mistaken him to me :p Please send me a pm when you have time,

Thanx man :) My issue was regarding M and X

take care,

KK (DARTH KUKIMAN FROM HONG KONG)

Hey guys,

The Studio Scale TIE fighter is a great project and I appreciate all the support. I should be getting information on the TIE Pilot thats being sculpted. I will post it here when its complete.

Steve

If you have any questions reference the TIE please email me at sneisen@comcast.net

Has anybody heard from Steve? Ordered a kit from him just a little over a year ago. Was hoping that I might get my TIE kit the last time he got some time off. Luckily, I do have the patience to continue to wait.

Hobbit 7

Steve is incountry, I spoke with him last night. He's very busy with some projects and may be why he hasn't had a chance to respond. Give it some time or keep trying.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back