Studio Scale TIE Fighter

Re: STUDIO SCALE TIE FIGHTER **UPDATED PICS**

I had thought of that, but I lost his number. If anyone would share it, I'd be delighted to call him.

Dave :)

Found it, called Steve and got him on the first try!!! :) He was literally en-route to his resin supplier to pick up 4 gallons of the stuff. He told me that his moulding/pouring table is now cleared and he's gonna begin pouring up the Hero TIE kits tomorrow morning if not sooner. He is doing those first as they are the oldest outstanding orders. He said all the owed hero kits will go out beginning this Wednesday since he is finally back into the swing of things in his workshop. Once the Hero TIE's are out he will begin filling the TIE Standard backorders. The new pressure chamber he's using is turning out fantastic castings that will blow our minds from his descriptions. I believe the occasional bubble riddled castings are a thing of the past. I can believe this as I use a pressure pot myself when casting small items. :) Once the TIE standards are finished and away, he'll begin the Interceptors in earnest. Again, everything is in place for the Interceptors, but they are the most recent orders, so will be in limbo until the hero/standard TIE orders are fulfilled. Steve also says he's gonna update on this thread as these backorders are sent out so folks know where their orders stand, rather than everyone wondering where their order stands.

Steve says he'll update this thread in person tonight or tomorrow and re-iterate or correct what I've just posted here. He may even have "Hero" first casting photos as a nice bonus. :)

Steve if I've forgotten anything you'll have to forgive me, I've been on vacation for 10 days and am still on "Island time".

This is the first time I've had the priveledge of chatting with Steve and it was a nice and informative discussion. If anyone is hesitant to call him, don't be. He's a genuinely nice fella and doesn't avoid his callers. I've heard all too well, the hectic schedule of police training and have a bit of a soft spot for those men and women pursuing such a career. More than a few of my patients are in law enforcement and have told me their rigorous schedules and demands during the training phase of their career. My hat is off to you guys.

Anyway, I hope my update is an encouragement and with any luck, I'll be able to post photos of a brand spankin new Hero TIE kit in the next week or so.

I'd like to thank Moffeaton for reminding me that I could just pick up the phone and call Steve. It was wise advise. I'm quite glad I did so. :)

peace guys,

Dave

Dave, that's great news, thanks for keeping us informed. I have no stake in this myself as yet, but if the troubles of the past are over and done with, then I'll be in the market for a kit or two once Steve is taking orders again.

Cheers,
Martyn

Good news, thanks Dave. :thumbsup

Dalroi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Today Steve cast 7 wing stars and one full Hero kit which will be going out tomorrow to the first on the list. He's already contacted some of the hero folks on the list since yesterday. Some he spoke with via phone. More to come!!!

Today Steve cast 7 wing stars and one full Hero kit which will be going out tomorrow to the first on the list. He's already contacted some of the hero folks on the list since yesterday. Some he spoke with via phone. More to come!!!

Sounds like he just needed to regain his momentum.

Hope this was my kit... :confused

DK72, Are you waiting on a heart transplant? I think Steve just makes studio scale model kits.......LOL

If Jamie was waiting on a heart transplant, he'd have died about two years ago, lol! I kid, I kid.

Looking forward to the photos of the castings! They sound awesome. LET'S SEE SOME PICS!

I can't wait for pics either. I'm really excited about this Hero. I've just really gotten to the stage where I have the time to build this puppy up. Steve's been a resin pouring fool all day today. :)

Dave

i confirm , steve contacted me yesterday evening by mail :thumbsup

Steve says that pics are forthcoming still, but at least 6 packages shipped yesterday(a few outstanding orders) and more are going out Saturday and Monday. He'll contact those that are getting something sent directly. Sounds like production is increasing on a daily basis. :) One package of the 6 was a Y wing, one was an escape pod among other stuff. I know that will make someone smile today!!!

Dave

Last edited:

Just got these images from Steve...........first castings of wing stars!!!!!!

First pic is a single set of castings for one TIE Hero kit.

Second pic is close-up detail of one casting

Last is an old photo, circa 1977, showing the same flash on the casting as on Steve's wing star castings "just like grandpa use to make" LOL.

imgp0255al4.jpg

imgp0256cy8.jpg

scan0006ut2.jpg

Got a package today for Steve. Nothing big just a couple of parts I needed that I had lost.

Just checking, did Steve mention anything about AT-ST's? Still waiting for my ESB, along with a warped escape pod body replacement. I'm pre-paid for an Interceptor as well.

Staying neutral here, but for the record, Steve has replied quickly to ALL emails I ever sent him in the last 4 years, and has always come through in regards to replacing damaged/missing parts.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back