Studio Scale (:p) AT-AT

I'll second vectorzero's request for the tutorial if that's okay. I'm a noob at this stuff and any hints help. I have some mold making experience from my old stopmotion days, but that was a long time ago.

Well I screwed up the inner mold (big mistake :)) but I didnt want to make a whole new mold. I just filled the inner details of the inner mold with rubber. The inner body will require some sanding and the parts have to be replaced but all in all I'm pretty happy with the result as the most important things was the exterior look not the 10 or so parts that are inside !

I have finished some of the masters, some of them have been fully rebuilt, some were just improved.

On a side note guys,

I received several PMs (my box is full again :(), mails, messages etc from guys who would like to buy "a kit".

First of all I appreciate your interest !

Second thing :

This is not a kit. I will sell to the ones who really want the parts I've molded or will mold for myself and the guys involved in the project (if they want them :p they can build their own, no obligation ! :)).

The parts will need a certain amount of work to get them OK (if you want a display quality standard like the MR for example). If you want the screen used look then this will need less work of course, but some parts like the body will have to get the inner walls sanded smooth, maybe I'll offered the kitparts to details the inner walls, maybe not.

So if you dont agree with that or not prepared to do some repairs, this wont be for you, this is not a Salzo or Cerney kit. This is not a kit at all. You'll have to build or acquiere an armature by yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

hi Julien , send you a PM but you have no space left

beautiful work as allways :thumbsup

Yeah Zap I know, was just typing a message about that while you posted lol
You can post here if it is not personnal.

count with me for the parts (if you can) ... the good side of modeling is the work that comes with it :)

Looks beautiful, Julien. I know I'm new here, but I would love to have a set of parts if you can fit me in. I've been collecting the necessary kits for many of the donor parts, and will do what I need to do to build the rest of the armature.

Your work is inspiring.

Hello Julien, I've watching your progress. Very impressive work. Stupendous. :D

I'm very interested in your kit parts. You mentioned an 'interest thread'. Will that be available soon?

anamorphicWayne

Yea great stuff,it'll be so cool sitting on the metal armature for sure!
I guess the armature is under construction now heh:thumbsup
Love it!

Don

Thank you guys !

Some exciting news !

Those wonderful castings !!

Haha right, now that exciting after all ! :) But they had to be done :)

In place :

You can notice the repairs I made on the hull (black styrene) and how rough is the inside ! :p Will work on that later :) Wont replace the broken flak38 parts though, I like the look of them !

Some more molds and castings, the 2 chin gun detail plates :

The rear screw cover :

And the armature plate :

The rear 223 assembly is in rubber right now ! However I wont have enough to complete the mold, Im waiting for more rubber to finish it, maybe next week. :)

Thanks for looking !

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back