Studio Scale (:p) AT-AT

It looks to me like they fastened the foot to the table top surface from underneath with a screw once the foot was planted and then tightened the screw frame by frame in order the compress the spring, giving the impression that the compression was as a result of the weight. This also kept the foot in place while they moved the upper body forward, and the knees were also locked at this point so once a foot was on the ground it was hands-off. My 2¢. :)
Great observation. I always assumed the self-weight compressed the foot-top. I really like your idea/explanation for how it likely was executed. Makes much more sense.

Thanks guys,

Im going to Star Wars Identities tomorrow, hopefuly I'll be able to take pics of the inner body walls. I guess they will be hard to reach and flash and tripod are not allowed... Since the official opening is in a week, maybe I'll be allowed to use flash if I'm kind enough ! :D

Thank you !

Some news !

I have reworked the head master.

I've added the part Matt found some times ago on the top of the head (I replaced my scratched part) and added the 2 parts I finally ID'ed last week inside the chin armor plates.

As per Matt's recommandations, I moved up the viewport and I also modified its shape.

Here's some pics :

View port modifiction :

New parts :

Some more pics :

My gosh that's awesome! When you say master, does that mean you're kitting it? I may have missed something posted earlier. Or group build? Just curious...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back