Studio Scale EVA Pod

Yeogybear

My hand built EVA Pod built for author Piers Bizony and his Taschen book release, a more affordable version of The Making of Stanley Kubrick’s 2oo1: A Space Odyssey

I'm more than happy to answer any build process questions.

Before Decals:
View attachment odd.jpg shopped 5.jpgshopped 6.jpgshopped.jpg

After Decals:

IMG_9797.jpgIMG_9806.jpgIMG_9811.jpgIMG_9830.jpgIMG_9834.jpg

Fantastic build!

My hand built EVA Pod built for author Piers Bizony and his Taschen book release, a more affordable version of The Making of Stanley Kubrick’s 2oo1: A Space Odyssey

What version are you referring to? I only know the sold out 750 Euros version?!

It looks like this is just the big vertical book from the previous set, minus the screenshots book and the two paperbacks (production notes and script). And no metal box apparently. The page size looks to be slightly smaller as well.

So basically you saved $930. :behave

It looks like this is just the big vertical book from the previous set, minus the screenshots book and the two paperbacks (production notes and script). And no metal box apparently. The page size looks to be slightly smaller as well.

So basically you saved $930. :behave

Karl, that sounds like you think a book full of screenshots and a script with production notes is not worth 930 US-$, or am I wrong? :wacko

You may well be onto something there. :behave

Not to hijack this fine Pod thread, but I found the Taschen 2001 package very disappointing. The vertical format for one, that was just a stunt by the book designer. He felt that a "unique object should be challenging" and that "it should unfold like a maze" or something, "you should take the better part of an hour to explore it." That's all verbatim from an interview with the book designer.

The first edition was just a curiosity conversation piece for people rich enough to afford it.

Nice to see an affordable edition, but again it appears to have that wonky vertical layout. Completely inappropriate for a Cinerama film.

But anyway. Back to that awesome pod! :D

What lee said, is there any possibility this could be a kit? Seems like a waste after all the work that went into it.

The pod is soon to be in Pier's hands for the book launch, the most I can do short term at least is to make the side panel / side puck casts available to anyone who's wanting to start a build. They kinda make cool looking wall art too, got one up in the office.

IMG_2783.JPG IMG_2896.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back