2001: a Space Odyssey. The EVA pod maquette

Yes; you're right... that's why I was doubting the provenance of that first image. One way to distinguish the upper Pod with the lower Pod pic is that the handle at the left hand side of the window is vertical in the first pic, while the on the other, it's horizontal as it should be...and I'm of the opinion that the second pic is the genuine article (as that contact sheet showing multiple images from the movie).
As for the "bumps" and uneven surface; I'll put it on the picture's quality.;)

Another one showing the mock-up...even as one, it's pretty well detailed:cool::cool:(y)(y)

1704827323970.png

Ah very cool! New to me, that shot.

Wally Veevers really looked like Alfred Hitchcock...

It's interesting to see the pod on a miniature landscape. That sounds oddly familiar somehow. Like it was a metallicized award.

Last edited:
Joberg,
Thanks for posting that that image - never seen it before either.
It looks more like a presentation piece - like a bronze and/ or silver piece since the pod design looks complete to it’s filmed representation…….The inclusion of the monolith to the left.
I wonder does it still exist… who owns/ owned it?. ……. another mystery…..

Joberg,
Thanks for posting that that image - never seen it before either.
It looks more like a presentation piece - like a bronze and/ or silver piece since the pod design looks complete to it’s filmed representation…….The inclusion of the monolith to the left.
I wonder does it still exist… who owns/ owned it?. ……. another mystery…..
Mystery indeed...there's a lot of little pieces of different mock-ups that were done and presented to Stanley during pre and during production...I'm sure some were kept and some were trashed;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back