Studio Scale Draconian Marauder

Jestefarean

Sr Member
Sorry to bother you all, I was just searching around and was suprised that the Marauder was never available in even rough kit form...I figured there had to be one, but I could not find it...so I thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Jestefarean@Sep 14 2005, 07:49 PM
Sorry to bother you all, I was just searching around and was suprised that the Marauder was never available in even rough kit form...I figured there had to be one, but I could not find it...so I thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance.
[snapback]1077071[/snapback]​

Not yet, but there may be one in the future. Stay tuned...

Mark

Originally posted by Bradleyfett+Sep 16 2005, 11:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bradleyfett @ Sep 16 2005, 11:46 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jestefarean
@Sep 14 2005, 07:49 PM

Thanks in advance.
[snapback]1077071[/snapback]​

Not yet, but there may be one in the future. Stay tuned...

Mark
[snapback]1078131[/snapback]​
[/b]

A well-placed post from someone truly "in the know". ;)

Any update on this?

Jim

Better late than never...

1518149417_3b88a82ba7_m.jpg

More pics:
http://flickr.com/photos/10867551@N00/sets/72157602240695439/

Mark

Last edited:
I also would like to be in the queue please Mark?

One word for this piece I have loooooong awaited to be created...

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!! :D

I also would like to be in the queue please Mark?

One word for this piece I have loooooong awaited to be created...

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!! :D

I hear ya!

Right now I'm taking this thing one piece at a time to make sure I get it right. I have a casting of an original that is my main reference- not good enough to recast, but more than adequate reference for my re-build. The only part I didn't have were the spears, but with a few photos of the original, I think I've nailed it. The only part I haven't started yet is the engine; I need to find someone to turn the main part in aluminum or something slimilar.

The next big problem will be casting- with all the sharp little protruding details, this may be tricky.

Updates will be forthcoming!

Mark

Whatever you do Mark, I know it will be excellent! ;)

I will be watching this thread with WIDE eyes! :eek LOLOLOLOLOL

Thanks Kurt!

I've been sitting on this casting (not literally- its sharp!) for about 12 years and I finally feel like my skills are up to the task of recreating it. I almost gave this thing away to a friend several year ago when I first started getting into studio scale- boy am I glad that didn't happen!

Mark

Random thought here about this particular design: Putting aside its 'Buck Rogers' heritage, this would have made a great Klingon fighter.

Mark

Random thought here about this particular design: Putting aside its 'Buck Rogers' heritage, this would have made a great Klingon fighter.

Mark

You know... That would be a really fun painting project for one of the old Monogram kits! Maybe swap out the original wing guns with something a little more Bird of Prey-like... Oooo, I likey!

-Sarge

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back