Suggestion Straight up rudeness is getting worse

People are different, are from different parts of the world have different sensibilities and cultures.

Heck the language filter is stupid if you ask me. Kids hear more vile stuff on the playground than would ever come across here.

But some people are sensitive and need things softened for them. I guess.

That's no way to survive in this world if you ask me.

Are you kidding?
The forum in itself is created and populated by people with an obsession. There is going to be fighting, arguing or name-calling. How the issue is resolved is what matters.

I'm glad the mods have stepped back. Sometimes people need to be knocked down a notch. If the individuals can't come to an agreement to disagree or settle on a half way point, then the mods can step in and make a decision for them.

I don agree with you, and if I thought like you, I'd be calling you something rude to
Prove my point!!!!

I haven't had any problems yet, but there's Facebook or twitter if people wanna mouth off. I like it here, cos it's a 'community' where people share and try to help each other.

I'm not interested in drama, if you are then ???? Well I don't know what, cos I ain't rude like you!!!!

I guess I'm just disappointed at the level of civility. And apparently it wont change.

It's no biggie. At least we can all agree on something. Wait, I dont know if that's true.....:angel

It's a fools errand to try and get us "all" to agree. Ain't gonna happen. On anything.

But, a man (or woman) has got to have a dream.

Oh I LOVE Mikey. I'm pretty sure he hates me though. But I think he's probably one of my top 5 favorite members. Always keeps me laughing. God, I hope he's kidding around. If not, then I may need therapy.

Be fair, though.

Dirt looks up to Mike as an elder. :angel

T

I guess I'm just disappointed at the level of civility. And apparently it wont change.

You are? Have you ever been out in the world? My experience has been that civility in day to day life is in shorter and shorter supply. I don't think this is even remotely an RPF thing or even an internet thing, but it is a humanity thing and because it is a humanity thing, you are right, it is VERY unlikely to change.

Oh I LOVE Mikey. I'm pretty sure he hates me though. But I think he's probably one of my top 5 favorite members. Always keeps me laughing. God, I hope he's kidding around. If not, then I may need therapy.

Hey man, you're cool. Although honestly nothing I say should really hold any weight with anybody. If it does, maybe you do need therapy.

For the record I do not hate anybody. And I mean anybody. And boy I'll tell you there are some people I should hate. But folks, life's too damn short for that.

Anybody else want my seal of approval, and referral to the looney bin?

Art, I was just hoping this would maybe help a few people to chill out. Just hoping that talking about being a bit nicer to each other on the board would help. I'm not critiquing the leadership of the board at all. I hope you know that. I love you guys. I love this place. I just really wanted to say LETS ALL GET ALONG.....:angel

You are? Have you ever been out in the world? My experience has been that civility in day to day life is in shorter and shorter supply. I don't think this is even remotely an RPF thing or even an internet thing, but it is a humanity thing and because it is a humanity thing, you are right, it is VERY unlikely to change.

Indy, Point them out and ill give them a keyboard lashing:lol:lol

To Old Man Crusty..... Are you still in Monaco? I think a buddy of mine has his 140ft yacht docked there. Park the 1-72 and have some good grub on me.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back