Stormtrooper start to finish

I'm still undecided. Sometimes those straps don't even look like abs. They look like they have more 'give'. The dover white is just a slight off-white anyway. The only person that would notice would probably be me. :)

I think I've found a webbelt that I can finally settle on! It is a heavy weight elastic pro knee wrap. It is thicker and softer than the elastic I was originally going to use. Here are pics. Three inches wide. Regular elastic on left.

webbelt1z.jpg

webbelt2z.jpg

It's 72 inches long and I have two of them (the good ones). If anybody wants to split the difference and buy the other one, pm me. If anybody wants the white elastic, pm me. I won't be needing it anymore.

Last edited:
Looks good,better than regular elastic.I'll have to look out for some of that.

Remember the armour was an ABS copolymer,with high rubber content and nothing like replica armour,that is a lot more rigid.

Originally posted by ANH trooper@Aug 13 2005, 11:48 AM
Looks good,better than regular elastic.I'll have to look out for some of that.

Remember the armour was an ABS copolymer,with high rubber content and nothing like replica armour,that is a lot more rigid.
[snapback]1056825[/snapback]​

Ah. You are right. Forgot about that. :)

awesome job clutch.. im loving this thread.. especially since ill be putting together some accurate armor soon.
WHere did you get that knee wrap?

Hey, it's not how much you weigh but how you wear the weight. I weigh 200lbs and look pretty good in my ST armor.
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/trooperhelmet014.jpg[/image],[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/trooperhelmet015.jpg[/image]

Trallis, I got them at academy sports & outdoors.

James, no doubt you're lookin' great in that armor, but there are size and weight limitations to certain types of armor. GF being one of them. :)

as there are weight minimums for some armor.. and i just dont think i fill the fx like some of the bigger guys do.. i'm 145 LBs

Last edited by a moderator:
My suit is an FX, but my calves and thighs are mostly muscle (football and bike riding) and I'm SQUEEZED into them. I know exactly what you were saying about the actual shape of the thigh piece, I changed the shape and they fit much better after the first attempt.

Your suit is looking great so far, I'm looking forward to the updates and progress.

I was wondering, (as I am doing my FX thighs) did you have to respahe yours?

Did you glue yours closed or velcro?

Thanks

Originally posted by James Kenobi 1138@Aug 15 2005, 08:26 AM
My suit is an FX, but my calves and thighs are mostly muscle (football and bike riding) and I'm SQUEEZED into them.  I know exactly what you were saying about the actual shape of the thigh piece, I changed the shape and they fit much better after the first attempt.

Your suit is looking great so far, I'm looking forward to the updates and progress.
[snapback]1057850[/snapback]​

Mine are glued on the front seam with 2 rivets added, the backs have 2 snaps.

I did the same using a heat gun, pressing down to change the shape, and then using cold water to hold the shape.

Originally posted by clutch@Aug 14 2005, 08:48 AM
Trallis, I got them at academy sports & outdoors.

James, no doubt you're lookin' great in that armor, but there are size and weight limitations to certain types of armor.  GF being one of them. :)
[snapback]1057241[/snapback]​

....6'4" 250 lbs...I guess I won't be able to squeeze my a$$ into an accurate suit...I'll stick to my Vader......keep the updates coming Clutch. :thumbsup

I found the heat gun at Wal-Mart yesterday. I will try it tonight.

How snug are the thighs? I was planning on glueing them shut and slipping them on.

Originally posted by Trallis@Aug 14 2005, 03:25 PM
as there are weight minimums for some armor.. and i just dont think i fill the fx like some of the bigger guys do.  i'm 145 LBs

helmetonsmall.jpg

[snapback]1057282[/snapback]​

Trallis - I'm about 145lbs.
How tall are you.
I haven't fitted my GF armor yet.
Did you make many alterations to make your armor fit?
Thanks

Originally posted by Stormy320@Aug 17 2005, 01:10 AM

How tall are you.

Thanks
[snapback]1059385[/snapback]​

You shouldn't have any trouble fitting in GF. I believe he was pointing out that the FX armor pictured, kinda swallows him.

Originally posted by clutch+Aug 17 2005, 10:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clutch @ Aug 17 2005, 10:38 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Stormy320
@Aug 17 2005, 01:10 AM

How tall are you.

Thanks
[snapback]1059385[/snapback]​

You shouldn't have any trouble fitting in GF. I believe he was pointing out that the FX armor pictured, kinda swallows him.
[snapback]1059558[/snapback]​
[/b]

yes that is what i was pointing out..
and i am 5'10"

This is gonna be a long thread. Real life is kickin' me in the keister making it tough to work on armor! :) I took Mark's boots to the shoe repair guy in the mall. For 35 bucks, he shortened the elastic on all sides making a snug fit. They are still plenty wide across the front and I am concerned that they will make the shins ride too high, but we shall see. They sure do look nice and no GLOSS!

mcbootsz.jpg

I also bought a mannequin from the guy listed in this thread:

http://www.therpf.com/index.php?...58&hl=mannequin

Super fast delivery and very well packed. Hell of a deal for 129 bucks. It will need some modifying though. I can't put the bicep piece on the left arm because it is bent at the elbow. It also seems to want to lean back a lot and the left leg seems shorter than the right. Here I have stuff under his heels to straighten him up.

dummyz.jpg

dummy2z.jpg

It also points out a problem with the butt plate (circled). Looks like I am going to need to bring the sides in. I'm not that wide in the ride. :lol

Last edited:
Originally posted by clutch@Aug 18 2005, 11:05 PM
This is gonna be a long thread.  Real life is kickin' me in the keister making it tough to work on armor! :)  I took Mark's boots to the shoe repair guy in the mall.  For 35 bucks, he shortened the elastic on all sides making a snug fit.  They are still plenty wide across the front and I am concerned that they will make the shins ride too high, but we shall see.  They sure do look nice and no GLOSS!
mcboots.jpg

I also bought a mannequin from the guy listed in this thread:
http://www.therpf.com/index.php?...58&hl=mannequin

Super fast delivery and very well packed.  Hell of a deal for 129 bucks.  It will need some modifying though.  I can't put the bicep piece on the left arm because it is bent at the elbow.  It also seems to want to lean back a lot and the left leg seems shorter than the right.  Here I have stuff under his heels to straighten him up.
dummy.jpg
dummy2.jpg

It also points out a problem with the butt plate (circled).  Looks like I am going to need to bring the sides in.  I'm not that wide in the ride.  :lol
[snapback]1061033[/snapback]​

Hi,

Have the same mannequin (thats my thread posted above :D )

As for the bicep armor on the bent left arm, just slide the armor up a little further under the shoulder bell, it'll look fine.

Also, as for the right shin, if its not glued together in the back, open it up a little and use the mannequin stand that goes in the back of the right leg - that way your trooper can wear his boots.

Looks amazing!
Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Obi Sean Kenobi@Aug 18 2005, 10:46 PM
Hi,

Have the same mannequin (thats my thread posted above :D )

As for the bicep armor on the bent left arm, just slide the armor up a little further under the shoulder bell, it'll look fine. 

Also, as for the right shin, if its not glued together in the back, open it up a little and use the mannequin stand that goes in the back of the right leg - that way your trooper can wear his boots.

Looks amazing.
Sean
[snapback]1061055[/snapback]​

Thanks for the heads-up Sean. Definitely the easiest and cheapest way to do the mannequin thing. As for the arm, it is almost a 90% angle. My bicep pieces are glued together. I have to thread the piece up the arm and it's not wide enough to make that 90 degree bend. The stand definitely makes him stand up better. Thanks.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back