Limited Run "Stormie" - Rogue one - Rubber (stunt ... lol) Version!

MurdocXXL

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Since I first saw this little guy, i thought this would be a nice little project to do. So over the Christmas Holidays I thought I would
give it a try, and here is the result.

Basing on the excisting pics, I've done some very rough scetches and and carved the main body and helmet out of some pcs of wood.
Arms and legs (hands and feets) are made of round timber/wood in correct/matching diameter.

While I believe the orginal / screen version does not have any details on the back, I couldn't resist to add some details to it.

I thought it would be great to have this little guy casted in rubber, to carry him arround without getting him broken.
Special thanks to RPF Member TI6815 / Kai for his support on the materials.

So here's my (stunt-)version of "Stormie"... (still need to be painted)
StormieRubber2.png

I do have 3 sets of raw cast available if somebody interessted. So you will get what you see above.
You just have to "drill" holes to attach the cord or elastic band (what ever you like to use) to keep him together.

Price will be 40 EUR/set + shipping
Let me know if you are interested!

I Can post detailed pics of single parts if requested.

Interest list:
1) HSM, reserved, payment received, shipped (info. sended)
2)
3)

Thanks for watching!

Best
Ralf

Last edited:
looks great Murdoc. Can you show us a picture of an original one and a picture of a finished replica maybe ? I don`t remember the scene exactly anymore after watching the movie only one time

Hi Stefan,

many thanks for your Feedback and good idea...

Here is a quik pic taken with the mobile phone (sorry for the low quality). "Stormie" shown is the master for the mold and cast above.
Will make better pictures soonest possible. But it should give you / everbody a good idea!

IMG_1632.jpg

As promised some better pics ;) Sry it took me a while to get those up (including a broken grafic-card on my PC :( )

This is a ready painted "rubber" Stormie...

Feel free to contact me : ) Thanks for watching!

I've played arround with Photoshop a little bit.. Here is a pic of my "Stuntstormie", ready for to visit the next CON :D

Have a nice Sunday everybody...

Great job on this little fellow!
If you ever decide to cast one in resin I'd be in. (not particulary interested in a rubber version :$ )

Hi Protoss.

many thanks for your Feedback. Happy that you like how he turned out. I can cast him in resin as well. That should be no Problem.
I will drop you a line, when I have some materials to do so. But this might take some time, as I do not have that stuff "on stock" and
I have no other Project running where I would need that stuff.

The first Stormie arrived 3 days ago, very cool. The rubber is very firm and not that far from the rigidity of a resin. Very cool thank you very much.

Thanks for the free bump Protoss :D

Indeed, the Rubber-Stormies are still with me, but you may shoot me an PM about the "resin version" ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back