Stolen Orhadar File?

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Peachpanda, Apr 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Peachpanda

Peachpanda Jr Member

So I was browsing online for a cheap spiderman suit for Supercon down here in Miami. I came across the site "herostime.com" yes, spelled incorrectly. But I saw a suit being made out of Orhadar's Ultimate Spider-Man print! They didn't give him credit or anything! Does anyone know anything more about this site? Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 4.28.47 PM.png

2. GhostMinion

GhostMinion Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Have you actually bothered to ask Orhadar himself?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you actually bothered to ask Orhadar himself?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, don't know why my post shows up twice there.......

3. Peachpanda

Peachpanda Jr Member

I haven't yet, I probably should.

4. GhostMinion

GhostMinion Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Always better to contact the author and confirm it first. These things can get pretty heated when someone gets accused of digital recasting.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's from China. You're probably right.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    The New Blood likes this.
  5. jrenemtz321

jrenemtz321 Well-Known Member

6. Peachpanda

Peachpanda Jr Member

It seems like the same model and everything from zentai-zenati! Looks like they're getting a taste of their own medicine! :lol

7. jrenemtz321

Even if it is ZZ (not sure it is), they're violating the agreement with Orhadar because they're not making the buyer purchase the file before printing / sewing.

8. Peachpanda

Peachpanda Jr Member

I found that problem with herostime.com, they didn't mention anything about purchasing a file.
    Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 5.09.45 PM.png

9. Peachpanda

Peachpanda Jr Member

Also I realized that the superior spider-man first suit I bought from them was also stolen from orhadar. should've done some research first :facepalm

10. Auel

Auel Active Member

Not trying to sound smart here, so what do you gain by being Sherlock?

11. The New Blood

The New Blood Well-Known Member

Maybe the satisfaction of helping out for each other in the community?

12. orhadar

orhadar Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have contacted them just now, awaiting their response.

13. Peachpanda

Peachpanda Jr Member

Sounds great. Hopefully they respond.
    How would you feel if something you've worked so hard on was taken from you, without paying you, without even mentioning your name? I'm not trying to be Sherlock, I'm just trying to help the community.

Yeebeme and orhadar like this.
  14. jrenemtz321

Check the link to the eBay auction I posted a bit earlier. I believe that's your file as well

15. Peachpanda

Peachpanda Jr Member

It seems like they have orhadar's deadpool costume as well.

16. Sinkin

Sinkin New Member

It also looks like the TASM 1 suit pattern is "stolen" too. It's actually from 4neodesigns!

17. RiotJavelinDX

RiotJavelinDX Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Not uncommon unfortunately

18. The New Blood

The New Blood Well-Known Member

Like Orhadar said, the're like hydra

19. duality

duality Active Member

Dumb question maybe, but how does this happen? You print it, someone takes the file from your printer (the printer perhaps) and ships it to their buddy in China?

re: the comment about 'what do you have to gain', it pains me deeply that anyone would ask that in this community.

20. jrenemtz321

Orhadar and others sell the actual file so people can print it with whatever company they like. Some buyers send the file to China so they can get a cheap suit that looks good. The companies then keep the file and sell more suits based on it without compensating the artist. This is becoming very popular because the suits from China run $60-80, and normal suits may cost 10x that much.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    TJack likes this.
  21. TJack

TJack Master Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It's no different than the people on eBay selling cheap recasts of my spidey lenses and shells. If the community doesn't look out for each other then these scumbags continue to get away with it.

22. Sourdoh

Sourdoh Sr Member

Unfortunately a lot of people don't mind dealing with scumbags to get a much better price without much quality impact. It is happening with every type of thing. GoPro style cameras are made for pennies in China and sold by multiple vendors on ebay, And there is nothing anyone can do about it because the Chinese government is in cahoots with the makers there. To be honest, most people give lip service to being outraged at re-cast/re-prints, but in the final analysis they buy the cheapest thing they can find that has the quality that meets their needs. Hypocrisy is only bad if someone else is doing it ...

23. Peachpanda

Peachpanda Jr Member

Well said.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said.

24. SirWilly77

SirWilly77 Member

When this type of theft occurs, the artisans (Orhadar, TJack, etc.) who put in all the work have no recourse beyond pressure from the community at large. But the community might unwittingly support the thieves if they lack the knowledge of who's stealing and who's not. So these type of threads have a role to play.

Admittedly, it's an ethically gray area. None of us own the intellectual property/copyright of whatever we happen to make, so legally there's no recourse. But what separates the recasters/pattern thieves from the creators here is that the latter are playing an invaluable role--they put in lots of work, time, and talent to provide quality products that the actual intellectual property holders made a conscious decision not to provide or license. Go out there and try to find an official/licensed Spidey faceshell--you can't. Try to buy a Spidey costume pattern from Marvel...can't do that, either. In the end, everyone (even Marvel) benefits when the fandom is strengthened. All the cosplayers at conventions are free publicity for Marvel and help to generate hype.

25. orhadar

orhadar Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

They have contacted me back, and it appears we now have the same agreement I have with zentai zentai of which they link to my site and people have to send them the files.
    is it the best solution? no, but it's defiantly better than before.

26. Peachpanda

Peachpanda Jr Member

At least they're giving you credit now.

27. DeJaan13

DeJaan13 Active Member

the sewing doesn't doesn't loo that good. I feel bad for people not giving orhader,tjack,etc enough credit for what THEY MADE.