STL File Reposity - Sci Fi gun props

derekdavidkent

Hi all,
I'm wondering whether there is a known repository site for STL files of sci-fi weapons.

Thingiverse is OK of course, but a mixed back and lacking a lot of items.

I find it hard to believe there aren't STL files out there of the Zip-Gun from Alien Resurrection, for example.
But maybe I'm asking too much?

Anyway. Hoping for any links or suggestions you all may have,

I have a makerbot 2x and want to print some geometrically simple sci fi pistol props etc.

Thanks!

Hi there,
Your best bet for finding printable STLs of sci fi weapons (or practically anything else for that matter) will be sites suck as Thingverse, Pinterest, MyMiniFactory, Grabcad and the like. You are of course limited to the offerings there, and in some cases there will be a charge for the files themselves.
This link will give you a fairly comprehensive list: 35 Best Sites for Free STL Files & 3D Printer Models of 2018 | All3DP

If you can't find the model you are looking for at those places, or the quality and finish aren't meeting your expectations, another option would be to commission someone to make the model for you. An easy start is to post in the WTB thread here for the specific model or prop you are looking for; someone may point you on the right path to a free model, or otherwise give you another solution. Good luck!

Youre probably gonna have to commission a modeller to make it. People rarely go back and model stuff from older shows/movies.

For example, I think the Alien Attacker I made from independence day was the only model ever made apart from the studios model... Atleast, i didnt find any evidence of a model before i made mine, that is.

This was made for the fan production Star Trek: Origins by the late Thomas Sasser He did a nice job creating this prop.

pp37.jpgpp39.jpg

Attachments

• Star Trek Origins Pre-Cage Laser Pistol.zip
    326 KB · Views: 193
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back