Question Still possible to search for threads started by a certain member?

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I wonder if it is still possible to search for threads that were started by a certain RPF member. This was possible on the old forum and quite usefull. I used it for instance to see if a certain prop maker started new INT threads in the junkyard and things like that.

Is this still possible? Looked around a bit in the search functionality but didn't find it (yet?)

The search feature won’t work? You just type in the name of the person you are wondering about and leave the “Search...” box empty, but make sure to select “threads”, and then hit search. All that member’s threads, across all forums, will pop up.

AF56BC53-983D-4666-803A-B1ED768CE87F.jpeg

The search feature won’t work? You just type in the name of the person you are wondering about and leave the “Search...” box empty, but make sure to select “threads”, and then hit search. All that member’s threads, across all forums, will pop up.
Yeah, but then you get all threads where that member has a post in, also those that were not started by the member itself. And that's what I want: for instance: "I want all threads started by RelicMaker in "Project Runs". You can't do that with what you show. You'll also get threads where RelicMaker replied, for instance...

On the old forum you had an extra checkbox "threads started by member" or something like that in the search. That's what I'm missing...

Yeah, but then you get all threads where that member has a post in, also those that were not started by the member itself. And that's what I want: for instance: "I want all threads started by RelicMaker in "Project Runs". You can't do that with what you show. You'll also get threads where RelicMaker replied, for instance...

On the old forum you had an extra checkbox "threads started by member" or something like that in the search. That's what I'm missing...
Ah, gotcha.
You could go into project runs forum, click search, and just add their name. You’ll get only the project runs they are have posted or replied to. That narrows the results a bit.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back