Stark's Bar and Lounge Sign --FONT HELP!!

AbbyDarkStar

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Zendragon and I have been turning our dining room into a lounge called "Stark's Bar". I'd love to find an RPF'er who does Acrylic signs, engraving.

We want to get a sign made in acrylic and then put lights behind it to put on our wall. Also get some acrylic coasters made and other odds n ends for the bar.

I'd rather give an RPF'er the business than just finding some random internet site. PM me if you have the resources/skill!

You can see the progress on the bar here:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/starks-bar-128430/

Last edited:
Re: Acrylic Signs?

I see you're in the Bay Area...

I am too, and I might be able to do it, but if not, I most likely WILL be able to find someone local that can help you out.

Send me a PM with what you're looking at, and I'll see what I can do.

Re: Acrylic Signs?

Zendragon and I have been turning our dining room into a lounge called "Stark's Bar". I'd love to find an RPF'er who does Acrylic signs, engraving.

We want to get a sign made in acrylic and then put lights behind it to put on our wall. Also get some acrylic coasters made and other odds n ends for the bar.

I'd rather give an RPF'er the business than just finding some random internet site. PM me if you have the resources/skill!

You can see the progress on the bar here:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/starks-bar-128430/

Not sure what size you are looking for, but for larger stuff take it to a sign shop. Should be a bunch of local sign shops (that have CNC) in your area that could knock it out. If you go that route be sure to take in a vector file (not bitmap), it'll save some preflight time. If it is a small sign just take your file and acrylic into any engraving (trophy) shop.

Now if you want to do it right, have it done in glass. I have done tons of sandblasted and/or acid etched glass work (gold leaf as well) and it far exceeds the plastic route option. Again you'd hit up a sign shop that does this kind of work (fewer around that do this though).

Let us know what you end up doing and be sure to post the finished product!

Doug

Hey question for you guys- do you have this font available? (I'm horribly ignorant to Photoshop editing and etc)

We're turning our dining room into Stark's Bar and Lounge and Zendragon has been working on making that logo with the 'swoop' thing saying "Stark's Bar and Lounge".

The 'Stark' portion is from the actual logo, cut n pasted in photoshop (or however you do that) but the rest is the font we found here on the RPF.

2ccxle8.jpg

Anyone have a closer font style or suggestions?

It's a modified version of Helvetica Condensed Black.

In Photoshop, start there and click on the Faux Bold and Faux Italic buttons, then rasterize the type and start merging the letters. If you have a copy of Illustrator, it's about a million times easier as you can convert the type to outlines and just drag the points around.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Just an FYI We were looking for a sign about 1 ft high and 2 ft long. Basic rectangle shape cut in acrylic.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back