Stargate Chevron Light Prop - Build

jessec

Hello folks! saw this on FuseNova's Thread & i was inspired.

FuseNova provided very nice pictures detailing the measurements hence making the whole build easier! Measuring and getting the shape is the hardest part which was simplified by the pictures and measurements provided by FuseNova (Thnx mate!). But what i did do is made my version of the chevron slightly bigger.

so - Jaffa' Kreeeee

Here we go ...

1.Ruff Draft
555a8a0b.jpg

2. Drawing the Chevron on Plywood.
This is the most important part, as if this is done wrong here the end result will not be so good!
(so i took time grabbed a beer and drew the chevron very patiently)
48945ae3.jpg

b3fc5d94.jpg

Cut the shape out.
7c29d82c.jpg

When you look at a chevron - the one thing that threw a scare at me was the cuts. If you do not have the right tools achieving nice clean inside cuts is near impossible. so i decided not to go for inside cuts i went all the way from the edge.
34fd0915.jpg

Added the Edge hence cheating my way to an inside cut ;)
185aa93f.jpg

Last edited:
Working on making the edges sharp so sanding sanding & more sanding it is...
4a4253d4.jpg

20 mins later
c6821323.jpg

8447f466.jpg

51276aa6.jpg

Built a box (the back end)
fd6bc1d0.jpg

6c82bb47.jpg

Well when you are done with those Build 8 more of those and build a ring that is say 10 feet in diameter. With 39 glyphs in it.

Glyph reference down below.
stargate-stargate-3625540-641-391.jpg

Get it motorized and *DING* you are done with the general construction of it. Be sure to paint and light the thing too.

And of course you are going to need your self one of these.
dhd2br7.jpg

But other than the suggestions. I do have to say that this is an excellent start.

Well when you are done with those Build 8 more of those and build a ring that is say 10 feet in diameter. With 39 glyphs in it.

Glyph reference down below.
stargate-stargate-3625540-641-391.jpg

Get it motorized and *DING* you are done with the general construction of it. Be sure to paint and light the thing too.

And of course you are going to need your self one of these.
dhd2br7.jpg

But other than the suggestions. I do have to say that this is an excellent start.

haha mate i think i will old and grey by the time i make all that :) but then again it might be worth it ' i 'd get to use that DHD in the end :love

Glued Everything up ! Since the construction has lot of gaps and is held together very softly - i Decided to use the Gorilla Glue That Expands. It acts like foam expands to fill the gaps.

Dry Time 4 hrs or so ..
5f5d1863.jpg

Glue is all Dry So here comes more fun ! :unsureMore Sanding
f5674bc7.jpg

Started to look and feel real Soft.
fe9130da.jpg

Lot of Gaps and imperfections still.
bf1c9d1f.jpg

Size Idea
ced39c04.jpg

ae4c1f17.jpg

Next - will be filling the Gaps and more sanding...

looking great just one thing i noticed the angle on the left side on the inside beading (the bottom piece) is not quite right other than that it looks great

Last edited:
looking great just one thing i noticed the angle on the left side on the inside beading (the bottom piece) is not quite right other than that it looks great

Ty mate.. yes mate , unfortunately I do not possess the correct tools :( this happened cus of that..but I plan on fixing the gap later on whe. I cut the plexiglass for it :)

Finally managed to fill the holes and gaps.
ea2e9c70.jpg

Filler close up
6e15637e.jpg

6576ac2f.jpg

Let the sanding begin :)
96e2f6e6.jpg

More sanding needs to be done to get the price ready for paint prep..

Built the inside this was not correct when I first built it with wood, so I used some filler to build up a ruff shape. Will cut it, sand it and bondo it later.
30abea91.jpg

2 hrs into it, I cut the shape and slowly sanded until I was happy.
Sanded a little bit, and used some bondo.
More sanding to follow once it all drys out.

Different views
7c266302.jpg

7c66f3be.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back